Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Ever considered getting a pair of Wool running socks to push your athletic game to the next level?
Learn more below about why Wool makes for an exceptional running sock, what other fibers enhance runner performance, and some of the best features of Wool running socks.
Table of Contents
- Why Wool Is A Superior Material For Running Socks
- Related Articles on Wool Socks
- Other Running Sock Fibers For Enhanced Performance
- Properties of a Good Wool Running Socks
- Reviews: Best Wool Running Socks
- Pure Athlete® Unisex Wool Running Socks No Show Wool Running Socks
- ASICS® Unisex Fujitrail Wool Socks Single Tab Wool Running Socks
- Swiftwick® Unisex Soft Wool Socks Merino Wool Crew Length Running Socks
- CloudLine® Unisex Wool Athletic Socks Quarter Length Wool Running Socks
- Darn Tough® Men's Wool Running Socks Moisture Eliminating Merino Wool Athletes Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Wool Durable Wool Running Socks
- No Show® Unisex Athletic Wool Running Socks
- Pembrook® Unisex Sport Wool Running Socks
- WXXM® Unisex Athletic Wool Cycling Socks
- ZELLWOOD® Unisex No Show Athletic Merino Wool Socks
- Comparison Table: Top Wool Running Socks
Why Wool Is A Superior Material For Running Socks
Wool has taken on a new role in the athletic world as the century’s old yet new performance-enhancing material. As a fiber, Wool comes in all sorts of thicknesses. The best form of Wool for running socks is merino wool, which is 1/8th the width of human hair and strands. Wool is highly durable and less susceptible to mildew than other fabrics.
Wool is antimicrobial and impeccably soft. It also keeps sheep dry and stable in both hot and cold climates. When used in a pair of running socks, it does the same thing, wicking moisture away effortlessly, drying fast, and insulating the feet. It is naturally breathable and allows air to move through it quickly. Aside from these excellent characteristics, Wool running socks are usually lighter than cotton and other fibers.
Related Articles on Wool Socks
- Wool Running Socks
- Merino Wool No Show Socks
- Best Cashmere Socks
- Wool Compression Socks
- Best Wool Knee High Socks
Other Running Sock Fibers For Enhanced Performance
When Wool is paired with any of the following fibers, it will speed up your running game!
- Olefin – Olefin is the fastest drying fiber of all the synthetic fibers used to create socks. This makes socks dry 100% when blended with Wool (especially merino wool). Olefin will also increase the socks’ durability, exposing them to the elements for longer without losing shape.
- Nylon – Nylon is used in sock making to create arch support and foot padding. It is a tough material and is also often used to reinforce sock designs at the heel and toe.
- Spandex – Spandex is what gives all clothing items their stretch. With a small percentage of Spandex, Wool will always fit your feet perfectly and never slide around. Other names for Spandex include elastane or lycra.
Properties of a Good Wool Running Socks
The best features in wool socks below are bound to take your running game to the next level.
- Moisture Elimination – Wool naturally eliminates moisture. However, there are strategies that manufacturers have devised to make it even more effective. More than one layer of Wool, for example, is ideal for creating permanently dry feet while on the go.
- Antimicrobial – Socks that are antimicrobial will ensure that your feet remain free from infections. Either these socks are infused with an antimicrobial substance, or they have a mechanism that bursts open bacterial cells on a micro level.
- Seamless – Seamless socks means that the socks have no seams. The seam is one of the leading causes of excessive friction and blisters. Seamless socks are far more comfortable than socks that include a seam.
- Compression – Compression socks such as wool running socks and wool knee-high socks are socks that gently squeeze your feet, allowing for better circulation. This also reduces pressure on the feet, and the enhanced blood flow is believed to enhance speed and running performance.
- Anti-Odor – Anti-odor Socks will help to keep your feet smelling fresh by the time you have to remove them after a run!
Reviews: Best Wool Running Socks
Choose from some of the best wool hiking socks below and click any of them to add to your shopping cart!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These no-show wool running socks sit just beneath the ankles, remaining hidden from sight while simultaneously upping your game.
- Made from pure merino wool, the socks will keep your feet insulated at the perfect temperature all year round.
- The fineness of the Wool used in combination with non-itch technology allows these socks never to itch or feel scratchy for you to feel comfortable while wearing them.
- Highly breathable, these Wool running socks contain a mesh vent at the top of the sock design, giving your feet optimal airflow.
- Chief at moisture-wicking, these socks are optimal for those who like to run with dry feet!
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
ASICS® Unisex Fujitrail Wool Socks Single Tab Wool Running Socks
- ASICS is one of the world’s leading companies in sports gear, and now they’re proud to present their no-show merino wool socks to you!
- With a seamless toe, these soft socks will never cause heat build-up, friction, or blistering.
- A single tab at the back of the ankle helps keep them in place and protects your heels from blisters when wearing new running shoes.
- Nylon in the blend will extend the socks’ lifespan, allowing them to go through more washes without losing shape.
- The socks will give mild compression around the feet’ arches, improving blood flow and stamina while alleviating foot pressure.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Swiftwick® Unisex Soft Wool Socks Merino Wool Crew Length Running Socks
- These crew-length running socks are just what you need for year-round running success and comfort.
- The superior merino wool blend allows heat and moisture to escape from the socks while incredibly soft.
- Lightweight and breathable, these wool running socks will bring out the best of your abilities, whether running, cycling, or hiking.
- The heel and toe are reinforced, preventing premature damage or breakage in the wash that often happens to cheaper socks.
- The top of the sock is designed to channel excessive heat and provide mild compression for improving performance.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
CloudLine® Unisex Wool Athletic Socks Quarter Length Wool Running Socks
- If you need a comfortable pair of Wool running socks, you have found a worthy match!
- These wool socks are almost 60% merino wool and 36% nylon to balance durability with comfort.
- A skinny layer of built-in padding for superior comfort and arch support underneath the socks.
- Seamless, these socks will not cause friction or bruise your feet, resulting in longer runs and improved comfort.
- The antimicrobial properties of this sock will also prevent odors from accruing into your shoes and allow your feet to remain fresh and healthy.
Darn Tough® Men's Wool Running Socks Moisture Eliminating Merino Wool Athletes Socks
- This lightweight sock will not impede you as you run miles in them!
- Made from a thin layer of merino wool, moisture will not last long on your feet with its quick-drying properties.
- The sock uses true seamless technology to ensure no parts can cause unnecessary friction or abrasion.
- The double tab will help protect your heel and lower calf from your footwear, especially if you are still wearing your shoes or have a long way to run.
- The heel and toe of both socks in this pair have been reinforced to prevent wear and tear, increasing the socks’ lifespan considerably.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Wool Durable Wool Running Socks
Very durable moisture-wicking running socks made from Merino wool from Danish Endurance is perfect for outdoor and trail running.
- Made from Spandex and Merino Wool that is stretchable and keeps you warm.
- Durable and long-lasting quality that will keep you well insulated.
- Lightweight, flexible, and still breathable enough.
- Comes in many fun and bright color options.
No Show® Unisex Athletic Wool Running Socks
Blended Merino wool secret sock for running from No Show.
- Made from high-quality Merino wool, Spandex, and polyamides.
- Blister-resistant and moisture-wicking materials.
- Short a show design for low-cut sneakers.
- Available in a few color options.
Pembrook® Unisex Sport Wool Running Socks
A versatile and durable running shock that is cushioned and moisture-wicking.
- Technical cushioning and venting for better comfort and support.
- Reinforced toe and heel for durability.
- It is made from Spandex and Merino wool for warmth and comfort.
- Versatile enough for any season.
- Quality thick and fluffy comfort socks.
WXXM® Unisex Athletic Wool Cycling Socks
- These socks are a premium blend of 50% Merino Wool, 30% Nylon, and 20% Anti-Pilling Acrylic fiber.
- They come in a variety of sizes for both men and women.
- The socks are breathable, soft, comfortable, and ideal for hiking, walking, running, cycling, and other activities.
- It comes with a lightweight moisture-wicking mesh to keep your feet dry and comfortable throughout.
ZELLWOOD® Unisex No Show Athletic Merino Wool Socks
- These socks are premium Australian Merino Wool and Polyamide, with added Spandex for stretch and comfort.
- The athletic socks are not too thick or thin and keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- The socks are designed for running, with superior thermal regulating performance.
- It keeps the feet from blisters and chafing and provides ventilation zones to keep the feet breathable.