Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Whether in a hot or cold climate, wool compression socks are still some of the best natural ones you can get for yourself!
Read on for further information about different compression socks, what fabric blends the best with wool fibers, and some of the best wool compression socks features.
Table of Contents
- Different Types of Compression Socks
- Related Articles on Wool Socks
- Best Wool Compression Sock Fiber Blends
- Characteristics of a Good Wool Compression Sock
- Reviews: Best Wool Compression Socks
- Allegro® Unisex Wool Compression Socks Cotton Blend Wool Compression Socks
- Hylaea® Unisex Compression Socks Merino Wool Ski Socks
- Javie® Unisex Merino Wool Compression Socks Top Quality Merino Wool Compression Socks
- darn Tough® Unisex Athletic Merino Wool Compression Socks
- Pure Compression® Unisex Merino Wool Socks Graded Compression Merino Wool Running Socks
- Asics® Unisex Wool Wool Compression Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Wool Durable Woool Compression Socks
- Meriwool® Unisex Merino Wool Wool Compression Socks
- SockGuy® Unisex Wool Compression Socks Wool Blend Pressure Relieving Compression Socks
- SockWell® Women's Twister Wool Compression Socks
- Pure Athlete® Unisex Copper Wool Compression Sock
- Doctors Choice® Unisex Compression Wool Blend Compression Socks
- Javie® Unisex Ultra Soft Wool Compression Socks
- Index Table: Top Rated Wool Compression Socks
Different Types of Compression Socks
A compression sock is a specialized sock that slightly applies pressure in bands around your feet, ankles, and calves. This improves blood flow and helps alleviate pain and tension in these areas. Compression socks differ according to length, style, and amount of compression they give.
Here we will discuss compression socks in terms of the different types of pressure they provide.
- Low Pressure – a low pressure compression sock typically places a pressure of 5-10mmHg. These are ideal socks for those who suffer mild foot fatigue.
- Medium Pressure – medium pressure compression socks fall in a pressure range of 10-20mmHg. They are ideal for swollen feet, foot injuries, plantar fasciitis, edema, foot fatigue, improved blood flow, and more.
- High Pressure – these socks give a range of pressure from 20-30mmHg and are usually reserved for medical conditions like diabetes. Consult your medical practitioner before buying a pair of compression socks like these.
Related Articles on Wool Socks
- Wool Running Socks
- Merino Wool No Show Socks
- Best Cashmere Socks
- Wool Compression Socks
- Best Wool Knee High Socks
Best Wool Compression Sock Fiber Blends
Wool is a fantastic sock fiber, being naturally temperature-regulating, breathable, fireproof, and moisture-wicking all year round. However, your compression socks can be even more indulgent with the addition of any of these fibers:
- Spandex – spandex will add a stretch element to your compression socks, allowing for a much easier fit. This fiber is also known as lycra or elastane.
- Merino Wool – Merino Wool is wonderful sheep wool that is the best form of wool you can find. It’s incredibly soft and can be used in either hot or cold weather extremes.
- Acrylic – acrylic is a synthetic wood substitute that is just as soft as wool.
- Cotton – cotton added to wool socks makes the fabric feel softer and more luxurious. If the sock is not made from merino wool, some cotton added to the blend is a good substitute.
- Nylon – nylon is used to strengthen a compression sock and can also be used to make heel, toe, or arch pads under the feet for additional comfort.
Characteristics of a Good Wool Compression Sock
Here are some of the best wool compression sock features to keep your eyes peeled.
- Seamless Socks – Most blistering is caused by rubbing of the seams against one’s foot. Seamless socks are good for protection from friction and blisters.
- Graded Pressure – Some of the best medical compression socks use all three of the pressure types (low, medium, and high) at different points on the sock. These socks are more selective towards problem areas and thus much more comfortable.
- Padded Protection – For padded protection, we also recommend wool running socks that helps fight foot fatigue and keep your feet protected and pain-free for a long day.
- Reinforced Heels & Toes – if the heels and the toes are reinforced, the sock will last a much longer period.
- Elastic Free – a good pair of compression socks should not need an elastic band to hold them up. They should be tight enough to stay up.
Reviews: Best Wool Compression Socks
Please look at our selection of quality wool compression socks and choose the ones that suit you the best!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Allegro® Unisex Wool Compression Socks Cotton Blend Wool Compression Socks
- Here are a superb pair of non-constricting compression socks made without using nylon.
- The fabric blend consists of 40% wool, 53% cotton, and 7% spandex, making these incredibly soft and comfortable socks.
- Each sock is designed anatomically for both the right and left feet.
- The heels and toes have been reinforced for added stability and cushioning.
- These socks provide a compression gradient of 15-20mmHg, helping foot and ankle swellings with medium pressure.
- There is no elasticity, and the sock is entirely seamless, which means it will not leave marks or restrict your blood flow in unwanted ways.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Hylaea® Unisex Compression Socks Merino Wool Ski Socks
- These wool compression socks are made using a blend of wool, acrylic, and spandex to provide a non-constricting, comfortable compression.
- The sock’s classic rib-knit design gives them superior ventilation, allowing your feet and calves to remain at a constant temperature for the whole day.
- This sock’s toes and heels are seamless, making these compression socks softer and blister-proof.
- This sock uses a graded variation of medical compression to promote optimal blood flow from your foot to your knees.
- Use these socks for hiking, reducing swelling, arthritis, pain alleviation, plantar fasciitis, diabetes, pregnancy, and more!
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Javie® Unisex Merino Wool Compression Socks Top Quality Merino Wool Compression Socks
- These seamless compression socks help move oxygen through your legs and keep you on your feet all day.
- This sock comes with padded protection areas under the foot, around the ankles, on the Achilles tendon, and around the skin.
- These merino wool compression socks are moisture-wicking, keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- Wear these compression socks all year round in any climate and enjoy how well they insulate and regulate temperature.
- It improves those with foot swellings, sore or tired legs, injuries, and more.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- Durable and Pure 100% Merino Wool and other materials Socks.
- Compression offers graduated high compression.
- Comfortable and soft against the skin.
- It keeps you warm and improves circulation.
Pure Compression® Unisex Merino Wool Socks Graded Compression Merino Wool Running Socks
- Here is another premium pair of merino wool compression socks double up as the ultimate running or hiking socks.
- The graded pressure is strongest in the ankles and feet and is weakest below the knees.
- The wool is of superior quality, keeping your feet warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Merino wool is moisture-wicking, providing your feet with a quick-drying action.
- Improve your circulation or stabilize shin splints; these compression socks will get up your game!
- Ideal for everyday use, travel, or for athletes.
Asics® Unisex Wool Wool Compression Socks
The Asics brand compression socks consist of Merino Wool and THremoCool technology.
- The Thermocool technology uses polyester that is enhanced for better cooling and breathability.
- Furthermore, Merino wool Spandex and Polyamide NanoGLIDE are used to construct the socks.
- There are three color options from which you can select, and the size should fit all.
- Furthermore, the socks offer excellent arch support and a seamless toe design.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Wool Durable Woool Compression Socks
Very durable moisture-wicking compression socks made from Merino wool, from Danish Endurance.
- Made from Spandex and Merino Wool.
- Very durable and long-lasting quality.
- Breathable and moisture-wicking.
- It offers superb compression capabilities.
- A few bright color options are available.
Meriwool® Unisex Merino Wool Wool Compression Socks
A soft and comfortable insulated wool sock that offers superb compression capabilities.
- Very soft and comfortable from Merino wool and spandex for elasticity and compression.
- Breathable insulation that will keep you warm and wick away moisture.
- Odor resistant and prevents bacteria from developing.
- Lightweight and will not wear you down.
SockGuy® Unisex Wool Compression Socks Wool Blend Pressure Relieving Compression Socks
- These compression socks are good wool acrylic blends for a softer, more durable sock.
- Keep your blood circulation at its peak all day long with a pair of these fantastic compression socks.
- These socks graded the compression for the best medical pressure alleviation results.
- The least compression is under the knee, with the most compression at the foot and ankle (15-20 mmHg).
- These wool-blend socks have foot padding under the foot area to help support arches and cushion the feet.
- Ideal for varicose veins, diabetics, Plantar fasciitis, swelling, and athletes.
SockWell® Women's Twister Wool Compression Socks
- It is made from Merino Wool, Rayon from Bamboo Stretch Nylon, and Spandex for elasticity.
- Moisture-wicking and breathable compression sock.
- The Bamboo regulates temperatures, absorbs moisture, and provides an anti-bacterial barrier.
- Four zones of very firm 20-30mmHg of compression help with swelling and circulatory issues.
- High performance and durable yarns and construction.
Pure Athlete® Unisex Copper Wool Compression Sock
- An advanced technology compression sock energizes your legs and improves circulation.
- It is made with Cooper Infused Yarn,, improving well-being and circulation.
- Second-skin comfortable fit design.
- Some color selections are available.
Doctors Choice® Unisex Compression Wool Blend Compression Socks
The Doctor’s Choice Wool Compression Socks are ideal for Plantar Fasciitis and other issues.
- The socks provide excellent arch support with compression in critical areas.
- As for recommended conditions, these socks are ideal for Plantar Fasciitis, Inflammation, Muscle Fatigue, and poor blood circulation.
- The toes are seamless for less friction, and the fit is flexible.
- You can choose from an extensive size list to get the perfect fit for you.
Javie® Unisex Ultra Soft Wool Compression Socks
The Java Wool Compression Sock is Ultra-soft and offers medium compression.
- The Java sock comprises 80% Merino wool, Spandex, and Nylon for stretchability.
- The socks offer a medium level of compression at 20-30mmHg.
- The feel is ultra-soft, and the fit is very flexible.
- These socks are recommended for injury recovery, swelling, inflammation, and muscle fatigue.
- There are also three colors from which you can select.