Shopping for knee-high socks that accommodate those with wider calves is not always easy or cost-effective!
Purchasing a pair of them online is often cheaper, but without knowing what to look for, you may make a mistake and get a pair that is too small.
Read further for more information to help you make the best wide calf sock purchase and save time and money in the process.
Types of Knee High Wide Calf Socks
The below socks are different kinds of wide calf socks that each serve a different purpose.
- Compression Socks – Compression socks are socks that mildly constrict the veins and arteries in your legs, ankles, and feet. This mild constriction forces these areas to rely on increased micro-circulation to get the blood moving around, improving overall circulation and increasing your energy levels! Compression socks are also great for alleviating pressure or pain by applying just the right pressure to common problem areas in the feet and calves. Compression socks are ideal for those with edema, swelling, or cramps.
- Diabetic Socks – Diabetic socks are traditionally non-binding socks that are entirely comfortable. The main purposes of diabetic socks are to ensure that the feet are protected because people with diabetes often lose their feet and legs. This makes people with diabetes susceptible to being bruised or hurt without being aware of it, leading to further complications due to under-functioning repair mechanisms. Diabetic socks also prevent feet from getting blisters and usually accommodate wide calves.
- Wide Calf Dress Socks – Wide calf dress socks are any casual socks that serve no special function, other than staying up on the calf, accommodating a wider calf, and being able to be worn for athletic, casual or formal occasions.
Materials of a Good Wide Calf Sock
The best possible fibers that wide calf socks are made usually contain these below fibers combined with either wool, rayon, or cotton.
- Spandex – You can’t find a wide calf knee high sock that doesn’t have spandex in it. Spandex is what gives modern-day fabrics their stretch factor. Wide calf socks ordinarily will contain anywhere from 2 to 10% spandex in them. Look for 10% or more spandex in the blend for extremely wide calves. Other names for spandex include Lycra and elastane.
- Nylon – Nylon was the first synthetic fiber manufactured and is still widely used today in hosiery and socks. In knee-high socks for wider calves, manufacturers include them for additional microfiber padding and foot support. Nylon ventilation is also used to enhance air circulation, improve durability and help dyes attach better into the socks.
- Olefin – Olefin is the primary fiber used in swimwear and outdoor gear for its uncanny ability to dry incredibly fast. If you are looking for anti-perspiration socks that wick moisture, they should have some olefin in them.
Features of a Quality Knee High Sock for Wide Calves
These features will make your socks feel very comfortable, and you will likely not want to take them off after putting them on!
- Seamless – Wearing seamless socks such as wide calf socks and knee high tube socks are stitched together by machines without having a seam. The advantage of wearing seamless socks is that your chance of getting blisters from the sock itself is reduced to zero!
- Elastic Free – For those with wide calves, it’s important to wear socks that do not have an elastic band in them to hold them up, or you could restrict your blood flow severely. Non-binding socks have been invented to have a special knitted top or a spandex band to keep them in place.
- Graduated Compression – Compression socks come in three different types of compression levels. Graduated compression socks combined all three of these compression types into one sock, applying varying degrees of compression where they’re required most. This makes them very much more efficient and comfortable.
- Arch Support – Socks that provide some arch support will not only feel more luxurious; they will give a boost to your stride! Arch support helps prevent tired feet, plantar fasciitis, a ball of foot pain, pulled muscles in the feet, and more.
- Moisture Elimination – Socks with moisture elimination are great for more reasons than people realize. The first reason is that excessive moisture creates friction from pruned skin, leading to blisters. The second reason is to stop bacteria and fungus from growing in moist conditions on your feet! Moisture elimination also aids in reducing unwanted foot odors that are usually caused by bacteria.
Reviews: Knee High Wide Calf Socks
If you need a pair of wide calf socks, be sure to take a look at these fantastic knee-high socks we’ve reviewed below!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These socks are made from pure cotton for the best comfort and natural moisture-wicking capacity.
- Breathable and lightweight design, so it felt nothing on your feet whenever you moved around.
- They have been woven, especially in a ribbed knit, to stretch them yet still retain the natural cotton look.
- A top stretch segment in these socks allows them to accommodate wide calves and those with deep vein thrombosis, lymphedema, and diabetes.
- Available in a white, pink, nude, or black color option.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- These wide calf knee-high socks can stretch up to 24 inches around the calves, making them ideal for those who suffer from lymphedema or any conditions with swelling.
- The socks are well ventilated with a ventilation mesh panel, keeping your feet dry and fresh all day long.
- The socks are made using soft cotton for natural care, durability, and pamper tired and aching feet and legs.
- Underfoot cushioning helps to give arch pressure relief, commonly found in those with leg swellings.
- A 13% spandex nylon panel gives the sock its ultimate expansion capacity.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- These knee-high wide calf socks can expand up to 30 inches in circumference, providing long-lasting comfort to those with swollen or thick legs.
- The 11% nylon imparts durability and makes these socks machine washable without shrinkage.
- 87% cotton ensures maximum comfort, keeping your feet feeling pampered all the while you wear them!
- The socks have 2% spandex plus a specialized stretch comfort knit, designed for wide calves and those who need non-binding socks.
- Ideal for patients with edema, lymphedema, diabetes, aches, swellings, deep vein thrombosis, spider veins, and more.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- These knee-high socks will stretch to accommodate most calf sizes and provide a medium compression of 15-20 mmHg.
- People with diabetes will love these seamless socks, as they do not add friction or cause blisters inside your shoes!
- The 200 thread count ensures maximum comfort, breathability, and luxury compared to some softest cotton linen.
- These knee-high compression socks are highly durable, fortified with tough fibers for long-lasting pressure relief.
- It is perfect for those dealing with surgery recovery, plantar fasciitis, deep vein thrombosis, diabetes, and edema.
- Athletes, nurses, and those on their feet all day will appreciate the enhanced performance and circulation these socks give.
The Jomi Compression sock offers a more relaxed fit over the calf and a knee-high design.
- The Jomi Compression sock offers 20-30mmHg of compression to improve blood flow.
- There are two neutral colors from which you can choose.
- The socks are available in extended size options for a larger fit and swelling legs.
A relaxed and comfortable cotton knee-high sock is available in larger sizes for large calves from the Extra-Wide Sock Company.
- It is made from cotton, Nylon, and Spandex that is elastic, breathable, and durable.
- Stay up design that will not slip down.
- Available in Extra wide Width and Wider Width options.
- Non-constriction Design.
A Knee High Wide Calf Sock from Mojo, available in various width options to select from.
- Available in neutral and bright color variations.
- Size options from small up to 5XL.
- Medical support socks that offer pain relief and comfort.
- Firm graduated compression design.
- Durable and breathable materials used.
- Knee-High socks are available with wider width calf options.
- It is made from Polyester and spandex.
- Pull-on closure and machine washable with a much more elastic fit.
- Soft and non-binding top design and a cushioned comfort sole.
- A bamboo blend and cotton sock are available in wider width options.
- It offers a comfortable and non-binding fit for wider calves.
- Available in a black or white color option.
- Thin and breathable design, with a reinforced toe and heel for durability.
- Soft and sheer Nylon and Spandex Opaque women’s socks.
- Machine washable and knee-high length.
- A banded top so that the socks do not slip down.
- Extra flexible and wider calves.
The Levsox sock Is a wide calf knee-high design that offers medium compression.
- These socks offer a wider over-the-knee-high calf fit.
- The finest materials are used for comfort and durability.
- The sock offers a medium 20-30mmHg level of compression.
- A compression sock is perfect for pain and swelling and improves blood circulation.
Index Table: Best Wide Calf Knee High Socks
Table of Contents
- Types of Knee High Wide Calf Socks
- Materials of a Good Wide Calf Sock
- Features of a Quality Knee High Sock for Wide Calves
- Reviews: Knee High Wide Calf Socks
- Hanes® Men's 6-Pack Knee High Cotton Socks for Large Calves
- Xpandasox® Women's Wide Lymphedema Socks Wide Knee High Socks for Lymphedema
- Iommi Sock Shop® Unisex Non Binding Diabetic Socks Ultra Wide Knee High Cotton Socks
- Seven Wolves® Unisex Stretch Compression Socks Knee High Compression Socks for Wide Calves
- Jomi® Unisex Compression Wide Calf Knee High Socks
- Extra-Wide Sock Company® Unisex Crew Knee High Wide Calf Socks
- Mojo® Unisex 4XL Compression Knee High Wide Calf Socks
- Dr. Scholls® Unisex Diabetic Wide Calf Knee High Socks
- Yomandamor® Unisex Bamboo Wider Calf Knee High Socks
- Hue® Unisex Opague Wide Calf Knee High Opague Socks
- Levsox® Unisex Just Think Comfort Wide Calf Knee High Cotton Compression Socks
- Index Table: Best Wide Calf Knee High Socks