Thigh-high toe socks can be a challenging fashion item to wear unless you’re a ballerina!
This buyer’s guide is here to help you make the best choice for your legs, your environment, and purpose, as well as reveal how to pull off the look best.
How Thigh High Socks Can Benefit You
Thigh-high socks have been worn for centuries by women, highlighted in the 16th century. Modern toe thigh high socks were only patented in 1969 by Ethel Russell in Pennsylvania.
Since then, in the colder climates, thigh-high socks have been one of the most popular fashion statements of all time! With the invention of cooler fabrics, this appealing trend caught on to warmer climates too.
Dancers and athletes also enjoy using thigh high socks and toes socks due to the extra compression that they usually provide the legs with.
A good quality tight-knit cotton thigh high toe sock can be good for you if you experience aches and pains in your legs due to this compression. Depending on what material and style you choose, these tight-fitting socks will also complete any lingerie set rather nicely!
How to Wear Thigh High Socks & Look Classy
There are a number of ways to dress these socks up or down to make your wardrobe super classy! This can be a difficult look to pull off without being looked down at for being trashy – however, with these simple fashion tips, you can’t go wrong:
- Stick to 3 colors or less – neutral colors such as black, white, cream or gray are a good place to start. If you combine more than three colors in your outfit, it can look over the top. Sometimes lace or patterns provide exceptions, however.
- Wear drapes over or tucked into boots – If you decide your socks are too long, you can fold them over, scrunch them up or tuck them into boots for extra looks and effects that are sure to win!
- Combine with loose skirts or dresses – the classiest look tends to be medium length skirts and dresses in combination with knee or thigh high socks. If your skirt is too short, consider wearing your socks over a pair of leggings, or you may attract a bit too much attention.
- When in doubt, go black – black is the best color to go with if you can’t make up your mind.
- Stick to Clear Lines – remember that thigh high socks divide your legs up into parts regarding design lines. Keep the segments of your outfit in proportion to your socks for the best effects.
Buying Considerations for Thigh High Toe Sock
Here are some pointers you may wish to consider before buying a pair of knee or thigh high socks:
- What shoes to wear with my thigh high socks? – Thigh-high socks look good with just about any shoes. Note that the higher the heel, the sexier you are going to look. Boots, pumps, and flat shoes will tone your look down a bit, looking elegant and casual. It’s advisable to wear boots with chunkier socks, however.
- Material – if you live where it snows, you will want a chunkier sock for sure and possibly a toe sock too.
- Stitch Count – the higher the stitch count, the higher the quality, feel, softness, and comfort of the sock.
- Function – the function of the sock is important to consider before buying it. If you just want a pair of toe socks to keep you warm in winter at home, that’s one thing, but making a fashion statement is quite another. We also have one or two extra sexy socks below for any of you interested in surprising a special someone!
Reviews: Thigh High Toe Socks
Here below is our fantastic selection of thigh high socks and toe socks. Have a look before deciding on the best pair for your wardrobe!
- These sophisticated thigh high socks can be dressed up or down depending on what you feel like wearing.
- Fantastic for any climate, allowing the leg to breathe while keeping it at a constant temperature.
- These socks are made from 5% Elastane and 70% cotton, making them a very comfortable tight fit.
- Available in twenty different colors and styles! Choose if you want lace on top, a bow to the side, or a bright, attractive color to change up your style a bit.
- Available in four different sizes: medium, large, extra-long, or extra-long and wide.
- Simple over the knee long socks, these black little numbers will make a great addition to any girls underwear drawer.
- Made from a blend of 10% elastane and 90% cotton, these are more durable and flexible than most other long socks of its caliber.
- Made entirely seamlessly, never worry about causing blisters on your feet ever.
- It can be dressed up with high heels or down with boots or flat shoes.
- Available in striped patterns as well as plain black.
- These rainbow socks are the most comfortable for relaxing at home in on a cold, rainy day.
- Made from nylon and spandex, these socks will last a long time.
- These socks are designed to be a bit baggy, making them more comfortable for you than socks that are too tight or too small.
- Paint your world with a bit more color by purchasing these vibrant socks!
- Caution needs to be taken when washing them – they should be hand washed at a cold temperature.
- Ideal for kids and teens.
- These are one pair of exceptionally beautiful thigh high socks, made with a complete vintage appeal.
- Decorate your legs with the elegant lace that the cuffs impart and completely pull off that lacey vintage dress or skirt you’ve been dying to wear!
- These stocking socks can be worn casually or formally, depending on how you want to style them.
- If you work an office job, you may get away with wearing them at work under a longer skirt, especially if stockings bother you.
- Dress how you like and create a look that emanates the confidence you feel when you are wearing a pair of these long socks.
- Here is a pair of highly seductive lacey stocking socks for special occasions and romantic nights.
- 100% sheer nylon, these thigh high socks will maintain a perfectly tight fit that does not fall off.
- Dress these up or down during the day by hiding the cuffs or just make a heightened fashion statement!
- The perfect socks to complete a lingerie set or a gothic outfit.
- Choose between black or white.
A Fun and Funky design, striped thigh high toe sock.
- Made from Cotton and Elastane that is durable, flexible, and breathable.
- It comes in a Blue and Pink striped color print.
- Offers a great fit in a one size fits all option.
The Rainbow Stripe Thigh High Toe sock from Foot traffic is fun and colorful, made from fine quality materials.
- Purple, Blue, Green, and teal striped Knee High Socks.
- It offers a superb and adaptable fit.
- Stretchable and breathable materials.
- Premier brand in socks.
- Blended Cotton and Acrylic for durability and comfort.
- Made with 90% Cotton and Elastane for breathability and stretchability.
- Highly durable and comfortable.
- Fun and Funky colorful stripes.
- Thigh-high design with five fingerstyles to keep toes warm.
- A comfortable and elastic one size fits most thigh high toe sock.
- Five finger toe sock design and fits comfortably over the knee.
- Colorful striped design.
- Keeps your calves and feet warm in those winter months.
- Cotton, Elastane, and Polyamide luxury thigh-high Toe socks.
- A comfortable and warm design that hugs every toe up to your thighs.
- Available in this bright and beautiful Red, green and yellow striped option.
- Durable and machine washable.
Comparison Table: Best Thigh High Toe Socks
Table of Contents
- How Thigh High Socks Can Benefit You
- How to Wear Thigh High Socks & Look Classy
- Buying Considerations for Thigh High Toe Sock
- Reviews: Thigh High Toe Socks
- LissKiss® Women's Stripes Thigh Highs Seamless 70% Cotton Thigh High Socks
- TOETOE® Women's Essential Long Socks Thigh High Stripes Seamless Socks
- Be Wicked® Women's Striped Toe Socks Comfy Colorful Knee High Toe Socks
- Hanes® Women's Silk Thigh High Socks Sophisticated Long Laced Stocking Socks
- Dream Girl® Women's Sexy Thigh Highs Lacey Dominatrix-Style Thigh High Socks
- LissKiss® Women's Pink and Blue Stripe Fun Thigh High Toe Socks
- Foot Traffic® Women's Rainbow Stripe Knee High Toe Socks
- ToeToe® Women's Essential Thigh High Toe Socks
- ToeToe® Unisex Black and Grey Stripe Thigh High Toe Socks
- LissKiss® Unisex Printed Thigh High Toe Sock
- Comparison Table: Best Thigh High Toe Socks