Winter doesn’t get much better without having a great pair of thick thigh high socks to keep your legs toasty and comfortable! Find out more below on what you need to know before buying a pair of thick thigh high socks as well as their best materials and features.
Comparison Table for Thick Thigh High Socks
|1||DoSmart Women's Thick Thigh High Socks - Thick Thigh High Wool Boot Socks||DoSmart||98|
|2||MARRYSUN Women's Over Knee Wool Socks - Thick Thigh High Over The Knee Socks||MARRYSUN||97|
|3||JET-BOND Women's Wool Thigh High Socks - Thick Cashmere Wool Thigh High Socks||JET-BOND||97|
|4||Velice Women's Stretch Cotton Thigh Socks - Thick Thigh High Stretch Cotton Socks||Velice||98|
|5||Sock It To Me Women's Alpine Wool Socks - Thick Extra Long Thigh High Wool Socks||Sock It To Me||97|
Thick Thigh High Sock Buying Precautions
Buying thick thigh high socks online can be a challenge, but there are few tricks you can use to ensure they are the right ones!
- Size – Thigh high socks are often disappointingly short for many people. To make sure they’re a perfect fit, the manufacturers often tell you what size their model is and how tall you have to be to wear them. Measuring your calves and thighs is also useful, as you can then assess if the socks will fit their width properly. Getting the right size ensures you are comfortable and that the socks stay up without digging into your skin.
- Purpose – Depending on why you want thick thigh high socks, the material they are made from can differ. If it is to stay warm in Winter, go for ultra thick wool. Otherwise, opt for cotton or a lighter fabric if you want something to protect your legs from blisters year round.
- Stretch – Thigh high socks need a certain degree of stretch to remain comfortable. This can be achieved in the choice of fabric used or the knit stitch, but without it, the socks will leave marks on your legs. The more stretch the fabric has, the less chance it will need an elastic band to hold it up, which is a problem for those with poor circulation in their legs and feet.
Best Thick Thigh High Sock Materials
The best materials for your very thick thigh high socks are:
- Wool – Wool is ultra thick, durable, antibacterial, moisture wicking and exceptionally comfortable. The finer the wool fibers, the softer the wool is without losing any of its properties. Merino wool is the best wool, followed by alpaca wool.
- Cotton – Cotton has been man’s go-to material for centuries. It is soft, breathable and wears very well. For those who want thick socks year round, cotton is the best option.
- Cashmere – Cashmere is extremely soft and sensuous. Having a bit of cashmere in wool or cotton socks can help to make it feel silky smooth.
- Spandex – Spandex is what gives a sock the ability to stretch. As little as 1% spandex is needed to give the desired effect.
- Nylon/Polyester – Nylon or polyester both are used to reinforce socks and increase their lifespan. If the sock has any form of padding or reinforced seams, you can bet it has been fused with either of these two synthetic fibers.
Best Features of Thick Thigh High Socks
If your thick thigh highs contain any of the following features, consider them way better than the average thigh high socks on the market!
- Moisture Wicking – Moisture wicking means that the sock dries out quickly and keeps your feet and legs dry. If moisture is allowed to collect, it can create excessive friction, itching, blisters or even promote infections like Athlete’s Foot.
- Thermal – Thick thigh high socks that can regulate temperature accordingly are ideal for all climates, even extreme ones. Merino wool is one material that can naturally do this.
- Cable Knit – A sock made using a cable knit stitch will automatically be breathable, have extra thickness and look adorable dressed up in any kind of style!
- Seamless – Seams are the number one cause for toe blisters. A seamless sock removes this possibility altogether, allowing your toes the freedom to wiggle in peace.
- Antimicrobial – Antimicrobial socks will reduce the risk of foot fungus and other problems associated with bacteria.
Thick Thigh High Sock Reviews
Take a look at some of the cutest thick thigh high socks below and click any pair you fancy the most!
- Keep your feet, calves, and thighs warm and cozy with these thick thigh high socks which are soft and slimming.
- Made from the finest blend of stretch wool, the socks will remain up on your legs without impinging on blood flow or leaving marks.
- Wear them with your favorite pair of boots without worrying about blisters or discomfort as you walk the streets in style!
- Choose from four different colors including beige, white, grey and black.
- Will fit anyone who wears size 5 to 9 and who is not taller than 5.8ft.
- If you are looking for a pair of thick thigh high socks you can wear year round, then these are a great choice!
- Appealing to a skinny aesthetic, these thigh high socks will make your legs seem slimmer than they truly are.
- May be worn at thigh level, scrunched up like leg warmers or rolled down for a knee-high boot sock style.
- Made using superior quality stretch cotton, the socks are moisture wicking, breathable and will keep their shape on your legs.
- Some nylon was included in the blend of fibers to ensure the sock lasts through many washes.
- These thigh high leg-warming wool socks feel silky smooth, being woven with just the right amount of cashmere.
- Knitted together with an extra thick stitch, use these thigh high socks to keep yourself warm throughout chilly seasons.
- Made to regulate temperature, wick moisture away from your skin and keep your legs and feet cozy.
- Polyester and spandex ensure that the socks are reinforced while still retaining a flexible fit on your legs.
- Comes in a gorgeous gift box, making them ideal for giving as gifts to friends and family.
- Here is a pair of super stretchy thick cotton thigh high socks that can be worn year round, whenever the chill is in the air.
- Made from a very soft, tufted cotton, ideal for those who enjoy feeling pampered by smooth textures on their skin.
- The socks are about 27 inches in length, smoothly going over the knee for most who stand under 5.8ft tall.
- Available in three stylish colors that are bound to match most things in your wardrobe.
- Knitted in a very fine cable knit stitch, the socks are thick, breathable and will keep your legs free from moisture.
- Here are a pair of gorgeous thigh high socks that are both extra thick and extra long, ideal for Autumn, Spring or Winter.
- A cable knit stitch has been used to make an elegant design along the sock, insulating your legs better and making the sock more breathable.
- Reinforced heels and toes allow the sock to remain in perfect condition for longer and reduce the chance of blistering.
- Moisture-wicking and soft, these alpine wool socks are comfortable, moisture wicking and ultra cozy!
- The extra length gives you many more options, allowing you to replace your tights with them, roll them down or bunch them up for extra warmth.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Thick Thigh High Socks
- Thick Thigh High Sock Buying Precautions
- Best Thick Thigh High Sock Materials
- Best Features of Thick Thigh High Socks
- Thick Thigh High Sock Reviews
- DoSmart Women's Thick Thigh High Socks Thick Thigh High Wool Boot Socks
- MARRYSUN Women's Over Knee Wool Socks Thick Thigh High Over The Knee Socks
- JET-BOND Women's Wool Thigh High Socks Thick Cashmere Wool Thigh High Socks
- Velice Women's Stretch Cotton Thigh Socks Thick Thigh High Stretch Cotton Socks
- Sock It To Me Women's Alpine Wool Socks Thick Extra Long Thigh High Wool Socks