Knee-high socks have been in fashion even since before the reign of Queen Marie Antoinette despite what most may think.
In Winter, having thick knee-high socks is essential for a stylish wardrobe if you like to dress in boots or designer layers.
Read on for more information on knee-high socks for Winter before making your purchase decision.
Great Knee High Sock Materials for Winter
Here are a few of the best materials that make up the softest, most comfortable thick winter knee-high socks.
- Wool – All forms of Wool, especially Merino Wool, will keep your feet very warm, snug, comfortable, and breathing easily through the holes in the fabric. Wool is also completely natural and highly durable.
- Acrylic – Acrylic is a synthetic substance that has a similar consistency to a fine wool. It adds a wonderful softness and a mild stretch to fabrics, shaping over your feet very nicely and keeping them warm.
- Olefin – Olefin is the fiber bathing suits, and tents are made from. It dries incredibly fast. This is very handy, especially in the coldest climates, because when your feet sweat, the sweat can freeze your feet! Olefin helps to keep as little moisture as possible on your feet.
- Elastane/ Lycra – Also known as Spandex, this material is very stretchy and is the most commonly used to create a stretch effect in socks and many other clothing items.
- Pure Cotton – Cotton is a luxuriously soft fabric that allows your skin to breathe. Socks feel at least ten times more luxurious when cotton is thrown into the mix.
Knee High Sock Trends & Styles
When one wears knee-high socks for fashion reasons, it’s easy to look like a schoolgirl. The best way to wear knee-high socks tends to be by wearing them with a conservative top piece and with heels that are not very high. Thick-knee high socks for winter have the advantage of being able to be worn with boots, which is a much easier look to pull off. Regarding color combinations, remember that your knee-high socks will create a dramatic contrast and bring attention to your calves. Usually, not more than two or three colors should be used with knee-high socks to avoid over-complicating an outfit. Using multiple shades of one color will produce the best results if you are looking to be classy.
Some good examples of outfits that work with knee-high socks are:
- Boho – wearing a boho style dress with knee-high socks and low boots is a look that never ceases to look bad with knee-high socks.
- Over the Boot – if you get slightly longer knee high or thigh high socks, you can roll them back over your boots for more warmth, comfort, and style!
- Ballerina Style – those of you who have nice legs, wearing knee-high socks with a pair of flat pumps in appropriate colors could look fantastic. Make sure the shoes look like ballerina shoes and not school shoes.
Features of a Good Knee High Sock
Even your favorite knee-high socks have features that make them stand apart from the rest!
- Ribbed Wool Knit – if the sock has ribbed wool knit, it means that it will have better insulation with an increased surface area to trap heat in. Not to mention, the patterns on socks formed with a ribbed knit look very stylish and give your outfit some character.
- Thermal Socks – it’s likely a better idea to go with thermal socks if you live in a place that snows. Thermal socks are made to keep you warm with a scientific level of accuracy, leaving no way for heat to escape.
- Neutral Colours – the neutral colors that pair well with everything in a wardrobe are the best colors to buy, especially for knee-high socks that are going to be seen. White, off-white, beige, gray and black can never really let you down.
- Seamless – Seamless socks mean that the socks have no seams with which your toes can rub on to create friction. That means no more sock blisters! For diabetics and those with swollen feet, this feature is a necessity.
Reviews: Thick Knee High Socks
Our list of the best thick knee high socks for Winter. Have a look!
- These socks are incredibly soft and tight-fitting, made from 100% acrylic.
- Almost embroidered with a very fine cable knit, these socks add a timeless, elegant feel to dresses and look great without wool or crocheted fashion items.
- Pamper your feet in the stylish comfort these socks provide.
- The size of the sock tends to fit women with a height of between 5.08 and 5.74ft.
- Available in 8 different colors.
- Not suitable for a climate where it snows, but will certainly keep you warm during the Winter of more temperate regions!
- This is a classically styled knee-high sock made from a semi-chunky wool stretch fiber blend.
- Made from 80% Wool and 19% stretch nylon, this sock will conform comfortably to the shape of your calf.
- An elastic ensures it remains in place and never falls, which is ideal for wearing with shorter shoes.
- Not suitable for people with diabetes as it has a mild form of compression.
- You may wash these knee-high socks in the washing machine, provided you do not use a high temperature.
- Available in a wide variety of colors.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- These are a pair of incredibly stylish over the knee socks that look great in any Winter wardrobe!
- The extremely stylish criss-cross cable knit stitch not only keeps extra warmth in but looks very elegant.
- These socks are a bit longer than your average knee-high socks and can be rolled down over boots to double as a pair of leg warmers or worn as thigh high socks.
- Made from a very soft blend of wool and stretch fibers.
- Fits women’s shoe sizes from size 5 to 10.
- Let your outfit do the talking with this leg-defining knee-high pair of socks or give them to someone as a great gift.
- These socks are made of a polyester-spandex blend, ensuring a tight-fitting, exceptionally leg warming boot sock!
- The classic ribbed texture gives these socks a bit of contrast and texture when worn in an outfit.
- Made to fit any feet that wear extra small to medium-sized socks.
- It can be rolled over the calf for a shorter sock effect.
- Available in neutral shades, as well as bright pastel hues, these socks can complement just about any wardrobe.
- Not suitable for tumble drying or washing in the washing machine at a heated temperature.
- This unisex sock is a fantastic knee-high sock for those who get cold in the middle of Winter.
- It can stretch to accommodate most foot sizes up to size 12 for both men and women.
- Made from 65% cotton, 33% polyester, and 2% spandex for the best-fit stretch that keeps calves and feet insulated all day long.
- Stretches to fit calf sizes of up to 21 inches in circumference.
- Pamper yourself with these soft socks that fit like a dream!
- Confers mild compression to the feet and the calves.
- Not suitable for diabetics.
- Made in Korea.
- A breathable and sweat-absorbing over the knee sock from TeeHee.
- Stretchy finish and basic weaves design that has a deodorizing effect.
- It is made from acrylics, polyester, and spandex.
- Available in a few neutral color varaitions.
A gorgeous and stylish knee-high sock for the ladies available in many designs and prints with a thick and soft texture.
- Thick and soft winter knee-high socks.
- Available in many colors, prints, and patterns to choose from as preferred.
- Very durable and breathable.
- Offers an elastic stay up fit.
A colorful and feminine styled extra-thick knee-high sock for women.
- Very comfortable and super soft.
- Highly breathable and lightweight design.
- It comes in a few color selections.
- High-performance durable fabric.
- Fresh and crisp cotton and polyester sock.
- Machine washable and quick-drying design.
- Fresh IQ advanced odor protection technology that prevents odors and bacteria.
- Stay up top design and available in both black and white colors.
- A soft and breathable Acrylic and Nylon sock that has a classic knee-high length.
- Available in Black, white, blue, and navy neutral color selections.
- Ideal for wearing with boots or even as a dress sock.
- It comes in a pack of three pairs of socks.
- Base layer winter durable socks.
- It is made from Smartwool built for performance and adventure.
- Durable and highly breathable with a supportive arch base.
- It comes in a few neutral color selections to choose from as preferred.
The Danish Endurance Knee Sock has a Thicker and more insulated design.
- Merino Wool and Nylon is used in the construction of these socks.
- You can likewise choose from some colors available.
- The socks are durable and offer excellent warmth during colder winter months.
- The thicker design is much more durable and comfortable.
Warrior Alpaca socks consist of thick and insulating Alpaca Fibers.
- The Alpaca socks are a knee-high length and offer a comfortable fit.
- Alpaca Fibers are sued along with Acrylic, Nylon, and Elastic materials.
- The socks are super thick and warm for very cold weather conditions.
- You can also machine wash your socks if needed.
The Thorlos Anti Fatigue Sock has a thicker construction and is a Knee Length.
- The sock consists of Acrylic Wool, Nylon and elastic materials.
- The design is much thicker d, and there is underfoot padding for comfort,
- The Flat knit instep and cushioned arch offer a great fit and support.
- Variability in the elasticity of the sock in certain areas offers light and supportive compression.
Index Table: Top Thick Knee High Socks
Table of Contents
- Great Knee High Sock Materials for Winter
- Knee High Sock Trends & Styles
- Features of a Good Knee High Sock
- Reviews: Thick Knee High Socks
- AnVei-Nao® Women's Knee High Socks Classy Cross Cable Knit Knee High Socks
- Wigwam Classics® Women's 3/4 knee-high socks Classic Cable Thick Knee High Socks
- Sock It To Me® Women's Over Knee High Socks Thick Quality Knee High Socks
- STYLEGAGA® Women's Long Boot Socks Knee High Socks for Boot Season
- Sock It To Me® Unisex Snug Knee High Socks Luxurious Stretch Cotton Knee High Socks
- TeeHee® Unisex Fashion Knee High Thick Socks
- Do Smart® Women's Winter Warm Knee High Patterned Thick Socks
- Henny Rue® Women's Lovely Annie Knee High Thick Socks
- Hanes® Unisex Fresh IQ Thick Knee High Socks
- Jefferies® Unisex Cable Knit Thick Knee High Socks
- Smartwool® Unisex WheatFields Thick Wool Knee High Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Wool Thick Warm Knee Socks
- Warrior Alpaca® Unisex Second To None Thick Knee High Socks
- Thorlos® Unisex MS Knee High Thick Socks
- Index Table: Top Thick Knee High Socks