Whether you live in a cold climate or work in a cold environment, there is nothing like a pair of thick boot socks to keep your feet warm!
Read below to learn more about what materials make the best thick boot socks, thick boot sock online buying precautions, and what features make a thick boot sock extraordinary.
Table of Contents
- Boot Sock Fibers & How They Work
- Related Articles on Boot Socks
- Thick Boot Sock Online Buying Precautions
- Features of a Good Thick Work Boot Sock
- Reviews: Best Thick Boot Sock
- Carhartt® Men's Arctic Wool Boot Socks Rugged Cold Weather Thick Boot Socks
- Pure Athlete® Unisex Cold Weather Boot Socks Thick Outdoor Wool Boot Socks
- Thorlos® Unisex Knee High Boot Socks Warm Thick Knee High Boot Socks
- Workforce® Unisex Ribbed Thick Boot Socks Perfect Thick Work Boot Socks
- Sox Shop® Unisex Canadian Trooper Boot Socks Tough Thick Soldier Boot Socks
- Meriwool® Unisex Wool Thick Wool Boot Socks
- Sock Amazing® Unisex Premium Thick Bamboo Boot Socks
- Warrior Alpaca® Unisex Second To None Thick Boot Socks
- Dickies® Unisex Dri-tech Cushioned Crew Socks
- WANDER® Men's Cushioned Thick Crew Socks
- Comparison Table for the Best Thick Boot Socks
Boot Sock Fibers & How They Work
Thick boot socks that are designed for keeping out frigid temperatures are usually made of a combination of two or more of these fibers:
- Wool – wool is one of the best possible insulating fibers you can find. It’s breathable, moisture-wicking, dries fast, and feels very comfortable! Wool is also naturally flame resistant and antibacterial.
- Acrylic – acrylic can be described as human-made wool, being constructed of synthetic fibers to achieve a similar effect to wool. Acrylic is not as flame-resistant as wool and tends to shrink more easily. However, it does confer longevity, comfort, and insulation.
- Spandex – spandex is what sock manufacturers use to make a sock stretchy, very comfortable and best fitting. Lycra and elastane are other patented names that spandex goes by. If fabric says “stretch” before it, such as ‘stretch nylon,’ it means that it has been imbued with spandex before being knitted into the sock with the other fibers.
- Nylon – nylon was the first synthetic fiber created. It is cost-effective to produce and increases the durability of socks. Nylon has also made socks more comfortable and sturdy padding or compression.
- Olefin – olefin is a synthetic fiber used largely for outdoor equipment and swimming costumes. Olefin’s main characteristic is that it’s quick-drying, which is of critical importance in a cold-weather sock!
Related Articles on Boot Socks
- The Best Military Boot Socks
- Winter Boot Socks
- Best Socks for Booties
- Thick Boot Socks
- Best Socks for Work Boots
- Wide Calf Boot Socks
- Best Socks for Steel Toe Boots
Thick Boot Sock Online Buying Precautions
Before ordering a potentially brilliant pair of thick boot socks online, here is a short checklist that will help you assess if they’re suitable for your needs:
- Sizing – many online sock purchases are unsatisfactory because of the sizing of the socks. If you have huge feet or calves, it’s a good idea to get a size up – you can always return them for a size up or down at a later stage. If the sock has a larger percentage of spandex (over 8%), being strict about sizing becomes less necessary.
- Binding – this is particularly important for those who have diabetes, swelling in the calves, or insufficient blood circulation. Cheap boot socks use elastic at the top to hold them up, which can cause a loss of blood flow and aches and pains in the legs. Be safe and get a pair of non-constricting boot socks.
- Breathability – You need your socks to allow your skin to breathe, or else you will sweat and have a cold, wet feet all day long! As a rule of thumb, natural materials breathe better than synthetics. Double-check that your thick socks for booties come with either a portion of wool or some moisture elimination.
Features of a Good Thick Work Boot Sock
A basic thick boot sock for harsh icy conditions should keep your feet warm and dry quickly to rid your feet of excessive moisture. That’s not all thick boot socks can do! These features will make your boot socks extraordinary by comparison.
- Reinforced Underfoot Padding – many work crew boot socks come with a thin layer of padding, making walking a lot more comfortable. Some can redirect impact from your feet, fending off foot fatigue and arch pain.
- Odor Resistance – a build-up of sweat, even in moisture-wicking socks, can lead to very smelly feet after a hard day’s work. Specialized socks have been infused with odor resistance, allowing feet to stay fresh and smell good. Antimicrobial socks may also eliminate odors commonly caused by bacteria or fungi.
- Dual Layer Moisture Elimination – the best form of sock moisture wicking is a dual-layer moisture elimination system. The inner layer is usually made from an absorbent material that keeps your feet warm and soft. The outer layer is generally made of pure olefin for incredibly fast-drying action. The moisture hops across to the outer layer instantly, wicking away while keeping your feet permanently dry.
- Seamless – sock seams are the number one cause of blisters, especially in thick boot socks. A seamless sock removes this issue, letting you enjoy your socks without creating friction in your boots.
- Compression – if your feet ache or feel swollen, a mild compression sock could be of great benefit to you. Compression socks give specific foot areas and calves a light squeeze, forcing the leg to rely on microcirculation. This makes it easier for blood to flow away from the feet, enhances energy levels, and reduces foot pain.
Reviews: Best Thick Boot Sock
Below we have compiled a list of some of the best boot socks available online to make it easier to find your match.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These socks will keep your feet warm, secure, and protected for all those who enjoy braving snow on the tundra or work in cold, rugged conditions.
- It is a sophisticated blend of wool, nylon, acrylic, and spandex for long-lasting comfort and insulation.
- The heel and toe portions of the sock offer reinforced padding for exceptional comfort and pressure relief.
- The sock’s top stays up without a binding elastic, using a good old-fashioned cable knit design that also doubles up the sock’s insulation.
- FastDry Technology (patented by Carhartt) ensures ultimate moisture-wicking and keeps feet dry.
- Ideal for working out at sea, in snow, or just keeping your feet comfortably snug in freezing climates.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Pure Athlete® Unisex Cold Weather Boot Socks Thick Outdoor Wool Boot Socks
- These thick boot socks are perfect for somebody who leads a highly active icy weather lifestyle.
- Made of a pure yarn blend, these socks are breathable and warm and cushion the feet with a natural softness.
- It is great for outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, hockey, or strolling around in the snow!
- Superior moisture-wicking technology keeps your feet perspiration-free, making these socks feel even warmer than they are.
- Pure Athlete is confident that these socks will last you a lifetime, so we have included a lifetime warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee to test them out.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Thorlos® Unisex Knee High Boot Socks Warm Thick Knee High Boot Socks
- The popular US brand Thorlos caters to those in cold climates that require medical-grade orthopedic foot support.
- These thick knee-high boot socks have superior underfoot padding, covering the entire underside of the feet.
- The seams are low profile, not rub or cause friction and blisters.
- The Forlorn fiber blend in these socks is soft, warm, incredibly comfortable, and exclusive to Thorlos.
- If your feet don’t feel better, you can contact Thorlos anytime for your money back, and they will be glad to assist you.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Workforce® Unisex Ribbed Thick Boot Socks Perfect Thick Work Boot Socks
- With a brand name like Workforce, it’s no surprise that these socks are fantastic for work boot socks to keep feet protected all day long!
- Made from 60% wool, your feet feel pampered and warm while you wear your boots.
- The socks are elastic-free, with a soft wool cable knit that rests comfortably under the knee.
- The ribbed design allows for additional ventilation, moisture-wicking, and perfect insulation.
- They are ideal for wearing hiking boots, work boots, or cold weather.
- These socks are available in a cost-effective pack of three and will last a long time.
- To care for them, make sure only to wash them in cold water.
Sox Shop® Unisex Canadian Trooper Boot Socks Tough Thick Soldier Boot Socks
- Sox Shop has designed these knee-high boot socks to match the Canadian Army’s standards, making them fit for troopers and adventurers!
- Knee-high cater to freezing climates and are built to keep feet from freezing in Canada and other frigid climates.
- Made from 60% itch-free wool and 40% durable nylon, these socks will stay in excellent condition for a long time.
- The socks’ soles are thickly cushioned to keep feet comfortable in rugged work boots or hiking boots.
- These thick boot socks are naturally moisture-wicking and stay up without constricting blood flow.
Meriwool® Unisex Wool Thick Wool Boot Socks
The Meriwool midweight wool socks are thick, comfortable, and ideal for wearing boots.
- The package includes three sets of Merino Wool socks.
- Merino wool has temperature regulating properties to keep you cool or warm.
- There are a few neutral color options that you can select from in these socks.
- The breathable insulation will provide you with warmth and comfort.
Sock Amazing® Unisex Premium Thick Bamboo Boot Socks
The Sock Amazing Bamboo socks are thick in texture yet highly absorbent and comfortable to wear with any boots.
- The socks comprise Bamboo fibers, Polyester, Nylon, and Rubber.
- The consistency of the sock is quite thick yet still breathable and cooling.
- These socks will provide comfort and a perfect fit with a pair of boots.
- The sole of the socks is also cushioned, so they work well with Hiking boots.
Warrior Alpaca® Unisex Second To None Thick Boot Socks
From Warrior, we have their unique Alpaca fiber socks, another excellent thick sock option to wear with boots.
- The socks consist of Acrylic wool, Alpaca fibers, and Nylon and Elastic materials for stretch.
- These socks are perfect for colder weather conditions, worn with boots.
- They are also fully Terry lined to wick away moisture and keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- There are some size options available so that you get the perfect fit.
Dickies® Unisex Dri-tech Cushioned Crew Socks
- These thick socks are made with 78% Cotton, 19% Polyester, 2% Spandex, and 1% Nylon for maximum cushioning and support.
- They are machine washable and come in a variety of colors.
- They provide arch compression for added support and stability.
- It also has reinforced heel, toe, and ventilation channels for optimum comfort for all-day wear.
WANDER® Men's Cushioned Thick Crew Socks
- These are thick mid-calf crew socks with premium materials for a soft finish.
- The construction is 78% Cotton, 19% Polyester, 2% Spandex, and 1% Nylon.
- They come with a smooth toe seam and stereo Y-heel for full cushioning and support.
- The socks are stretchable, comfortable fit, and ideal for full-day wear.