Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Those hot summer days always seem like the best days to go for a hike until the temperature becomes unbearable and your feet begin to sweat!
Fortunately, sock technology has advanced enough to help us cope with these problems. This buyer’s guide is here to help you choose the best summer hiking socks for hot weather.
Table of Contents
- The Problem with Hiking in Summer
- Related Articles on Hiking Socks
- How a Quality Summer Hiking Socks Make A Difference
- Features of a Good Summer Hiking Sock
- Reviews: Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
- Time May Tell® Men's Moisture Wicking Cushion Crew Socks Summer Weather Ankle Socks for Running
- Drymax® Unisex Long Summer Socks Moisture Eliminating Long Socks for Hiking
- IceBreaker® Unisex Merino Hiking Socks All Season Long Summer Hiking Socks
- Wigwam® Men's Dry Release Hiking Socks Comfortable Mesh Socks for Hot Summer Hiking
- People Socks® Unisex Merino Ankle Socks Reinforced Merino Summer Ankle Socks for Hiking
- GKX® Unisex Crew Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
- YUEDGE® Unisex Hiking Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
- Saucony® Women's Performance Summer Hot Hiking Socks
- Carhartt® Women's Outdoor Scene Wool Summer Hiking Socks
- Asics® Unisex Performance Crew Running Socks
- HUSO® Unisex Athletic Fun Print Summer Hiking Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Hot Weather Hiking Socks
- Thorlos® Unisex KX Breathable Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
- Index Table: Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
The Problem with Hiking in Summer
There are two main problems with Hiking in hot weather, as far as our feet are concerned:
- Sweat – our feet sweat, on average, a shot glass per day! We sweat up to five times more than that when we hike, especially if hiking a mountain on a hot day. It’s critical to remain hydrated. Aside from dehydration, sweating excessively inside shoes can cause the feet to prune and encourage infections such as athlete’s foot to flourish. When our skin is pruned, we can get blisters more easily because the skin is weaker and easier to rub off.
- Blisters – hot weather encourages the formation of blisters more easily. This is because there is already an increased temperature. When your feet rub against the inside of your hiking boots, friction generates heat, resulting in a blister. Sweat (as mentioned above) also encourages blisters to form more easily by pruning the skin.
Related Articles on Hiking Socks
- 14 Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
- The Best Waterproof Hiking Socks
- Merino Wool Hiking Socks
- Best Gore-Tex Socks
- Wool Hiking Socks
How a Quality Summer Hiking Socks Make A Difference
Summer hiking socks for hot weather make all the difference. The latest socks developed for Hiking are incredible and help annihilate sweat and blisters in one go.
Fibers like Olefin allow fabrics to wick away moisture within seconds. Multiple fabric layers enhance this effect, using osmosis principles to achieve dry feet on the go.
Manufacturers have incorporated several techniques to prevent blisters, one of which is to create seamless socks. The sock’s seam is traditionally where people suffer from foot blisters due to the toes’ continuous rubbing.
Finer knit materials with higher thread counts indicate the fabric’s softness and allow for a lesser risk of blistering.
Fibers such as spandex allow a sock to stretch and fit the feet perfectly, while nylon gives it a more rigid shape to stay in one place. Socks manufactured with some elements of these fibers will also reduce the risk of allowing your feet to blister.
Features of a Good Summer Hiking Sock
Here are some of the best features of socks for hiking in hot weather:
- Merino Wool – Merino wool is used for hiking socks no matter what season it is. This all-natural material has the best moisture-wicking properties of any other substance available. Pure merino wool will keep your feet dry throughout the year. It’s also incredibly soft and comfortable and can double up to keeping your feet warm in winter.
- Dual Layer Moisture Elimination – Some socks have dual and even triple moisture elimination systems, where the moisture moves from the inner layer to the outer layer very efficiently. This leaves the feet feeling completely dry.
- Arch Support – The best socks for hiking come with an extra pad, so aside from summer hiking socks, I would recommend gore-tex socks that offer protection under the arches, heels, and ball of feet areas. This makes the sock very comfortable and allows your feet to endure longer.
- Odor Control – Some fabrics are sophisticated enough to blend with odor-elimination technology, such as activated charcoal fibers. These will reduce or negate odors and often keep your feet free from infections, too.
- These ankle-high socks are ideal for running and hiking in summer or incredibly hot weather.
- These socks are made for absorbing sweat and drying incredibly fast, consisting of 63% olefin.
- It uses a dual-layer moisture elimination system, quickly stripping the moisture off your feet.
- Feel the moisture fly off your feet as you hike a mountain or walk on a swelteringly hot day.
- These summer hiking socks are also made from 6% spandex /elastane, making them fit your feet like a dream.
- 9% nylon fibers keep this sock neatly on your feet, ensuring they do not slip about while you run or hike.
- Foot padding worked into the socks’ design makes this fast-drying number stand out from the rest in functionality and comfort.
- Made in the USA, you can expect good quality.
- These are superior sweat-removing socks from one of the best brands, Drymax.
- Ideal for wearing combat boots or any other hiking boots, these socks will allow your feet to breathe easily and keep your feet dry.
- The signature dual-layer moisture elimination system of Drymax socks takes moisture from the inner sock layer to the outer layer.
- The socks are made of 50% Olefin, which dries very quickly!
- In-built odor elimination keeps your feet feeling fresh all day long.
- These long socks can be used in Winter or Summer.
- These long hiking socks are great for using all year round for Hiking, running, or working in boots.
- Made from 74% merino wool, these socks are highly absorbent and naturally moisture-wicking, ensuring your feet are kept at a constant dry temperature.
- Padded arch support gives your feet the best possible boost for walking in your hiking shoes and makes for very comfortable hikes.
- Strategically reinforced foot zones have been instilled in the design to help keep your feet blister-free.
- Spandex fibers meshed into this sock allow it to fit perfectly every time.
- Made in Canada, you can expect a good quality of it.
- If you love Hiking but can’t manage sweat or blisters in your boots, then you should consider buying this ultra-protective moisture-destroying sock.
- A double acrylic layer enhances chitosan levels and is naturally odor-resistant and anti-bacterial.
- Support your feet underneath their arches with these socks and experience a much lighter hike with superior comfort.
- The dry-release moisture elimination system helps control sweating, keeping feet dry for longer.
- These boots are taller and have almost 25% nylon, ensuring a tight fit.
- Machine Washable and made in the USA.
- These are true “socks for the people,” keeping your feet at a perfect temperature and sweat-free.
- These socks are reinforced at the heels and toes for extra protection and comfort.
- They are made from 71% merino wool, allowing sweat to evaporate quickly through the thin membrane without letting your feet get too hot or cold.
- 21% nylon fused with 1% spandex allows these shoes to comfortably stay on your feet, regardless of the short length.
- Made in the USA.
- It would be best to wash with cold water to keep them at their best.
- Combining nylon, spandex, and cotton keeps your feet dry and odor-free.
- There is a breathable, waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry.
- Cooling technology will keep your feet cool and well-ventilated in the hot summers.
- Very durable design.
- Available in Blue color option with black stripes.
- A Y-typed ribber arch reinforced heel and toe cushioning for comfort and support.
- Very durable and completely waterproof.
- Breathable and fast-drying material with a cooling effect.
- Ideal for Hiking, running, and outdoor sports.
- It is made from merino wool, acrylic, nylon, and elastane materials.
- Comfortable and flexible.
- Breathable and cool in hot weather conditions.
- Ideal for Hiking and mountaineering.
- Comfortable and lightweight Polyester technology socks for hot summer hiking trips.
- Machine washable and extremely durable.
- There is a targeted zone cushioning for comfort and mesh ventilation for cooling.
- Excellent arch support design ideal for hiking with a seam-free toe.
- A comfortable and temperature-regulating merino wool-lined sock.
- Excellent moisture-wicking and cooling capabilities.
- Available in three neutral color selections.
- Reinforced toe and heel for durability and a cushioned comfort sole.
- Asics is a top brand in sports and recreational wear, and its socks are ideal for hiking in hot weather.
- Thin and breathable and ankle length for wearing with hiking boots.
- High-density underfoot cushioning and reinforced heel and toe.
- Breathable and moisture-wicking Polyester and Tencel fibers for cooling.
- The socks feature a superior comfort fit and design.
- The Moisture-Wicking Sorbtek materials ate engineered for optimal moisture control.
- Mesh construction on the top of the socks allows for better airflow to keep you cool.
- The socks also offer excellent compression arch support.
- The Danish Endurance sock range offers a few colors and size options you can select.
- Merino wool blended into the socks is naturally cooling and heating, regulating temperatures.
- The socks are durable and designed specifically for Hiking.
- There are also ventilation mesh inserts in these socks for better airflow.
- These socks consist of Acrylic, Nylon, and Elastic materials.
- The fit offers maximum comfort with a padded heel and forefoot for shock absorbency.
- The exclusive Thor-Lon fibers wick away moisture and keep your feet cool.
- The fibers chosen are for durability and breathability.
Reviews: Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
Please look at our best summer hiking socks for hot weather and their features.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Drymax® Unisex Long Summer Socks Moisture Eliminating Long Socks for Hiking
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
IceBreaker® Unisex Merino Hiking Socks All Season Long Summer Hiking Socks
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Wigwam® Men's Dry Release Hiking Socks Comfortable Mesh Socks for Hot Summer Hiking
People Socks® Unisex Merino Ankle Socks Reinforced Merino Summer Ankle Socks for Hiking
GKX® Unisex Crew Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
The GKX Crew sock is designed to keep your feet cool and dry when hiking in hot weather.
YUEDGE® Unisex Hiking Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
A highly breathable and cooling hiking sock for those very hot summer excursions.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Summer Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
The Danish endurance Merino wool sock helps control and regulate temperatures to keep your feet perfectly.
Saucony® Women's Performance Summer Hot Hiking Socks
Carhartt® Women's Outdoor Scene Wool Summer Hiking Socks
Asics® Unisex Performance Crew Running Socks
HUSO® Unisex Athletic Fun Print Summer Hiking Socks
The Huso athletic sock range is perfect for hunting in those warm summer months.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Hot Weather Hiking Socks
Danish Endurance socks consist of Merino wool and lightweight materials, improving breathability.
Thorlos® Unisex KX Breathable Hiking Socks for Hot Weather
Thorlos Offers you a breathable hiking sock with padding for underfoot protection.