Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Hammertoes are a common foot condition that can cause pain and discomfort. Its often caused by wearing shoes that do not fit properly and can worsen by improper footwear such as high heels. However, wearing socks for hammertoes can help with the discomfort.
But there’s hope! Here’s a list of options for socks and some additional info that could make a massive difference in how your feet feel.
Table of Contents
- Do Toe Socks Help Hammertoes?
- Can Hammer Toes be Corrected Without Surgery?
- Related Articles on Health Socks
- Does Walking Barefoot Help Hammertoes?
- How We Test and Score Socks For Hammer Toes
- Reviews: Best Sock For Hammer Toes
- ReachTop® Unisex Cotton Toe Separator Socks
- Meaiguo® Women's Low-Cut Athletic Socks for Hammer Toes
- Nachvorn® Women's Sports Toe Alignment Socks
- Original Foot Alignment Socks® Unisex Medium Cotton Toe Separator Socks
- Original Foot Alignment® Unisex Multi-Color Comfy Toe Alignment Socks
- Cosfash® Women's Cotton Mesh Wicking Toe Separator Socks
- RockWearZ® Unisex Gel-Lined Socks for Hammertoes
- Nachvorn® Unisex Sports Socks for Hammertoes
- Triim® Unisex Fitness Socks for Hammertoes
- About Toes® Unisex Seperator Bamboo Socks for Hammertoes
- Index Table: Top-Rated Socks For Hammer Toes
Do Toe Socks Help Hammertoes?
- The simple answer is, yes, they do!
- Remember that foot alignment socks work for you only if your hammertoes are relatively flexible. They will help relieve some pain before you see a doctor, as they are designed to gradually reposition your toes into their natural position.
- Also, if your hammertoes get diagnosed early on, wearing just the foot alignment socks and properly fitting shoes can make a significant difference.
Can Hammer Toes be Corrected Without Surgery?
Certain variables decide whether surgery is required to correct hammertoes or not. Let’s read about them.
- Flexible Hammer Toe – Toe joints are moveable, in the early stages. Therefore, it is still possible to treat hammertoes that retain their flexibility without surgery. One can fix this problem by wearing loose shoes and completely avoiding high heels. Additionally, toe-strengthening exercises can help, along with ice packs, to reduce pain and swelling. Doctors even recommend using a hammertoe cushion over the joint to prevent friction against the shoes.
- Rigid Hammer Toe – A rigid hammertoe, on the other hand, cannot be treated without surgery as the joints are locked in place and are no longer movable. Home remedies can provide temporary solutions and comfort. However, one could try a custom hammer-toe orthotics device. If that fails, then surgery may be your only option.
Related Articles on Health Socks
- Best Socks for Sleeping
- Best Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Best Socks for Dry Cracked Feet
- Best Socks for Bunions to Provide Quick Relief
- Bamboo Diabetic Socks
- Best Summer Socks
- Reflexology Socks
Does Walking Barefoot Help Hammertoes?
- Walking barefoot is beneficial as it helps restore your body’s natural walking pattern. Moreover, using bamboo diabetic socks is recommended by doctors as well.
- Now, we are accustomed to wearing excessively cushioned shoes and well padded. These shoes, however, prevent us from using some of our muscle groups that help strengthen our bodies.
- Walking barefoot comes with a wide range of benefits like strengthening and stabilizing your muscles and ligaments and improving the mechanics of the knee, core, and hips.
- And they most certainly help provide relief from improper footwear that causes hammertoes and other such deformities.
How We Test and Score Socks For Hammer Toes
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 27 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Socks For Hammer Toes, for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Reduce Swelling – We researched how effectively the socks reduce swelling on the feet.
- Soft Fabric – We compared the level of softness of different pairs of socks.
- Boost Circulation – We analyzed how effectively these socks promote improved blood flow in the legs.
- Cushioning – We compared the cushioning provided by the socks.
- Snug-Fit – We checked how the socks were comfortable and perfectly fit the feet.
Reviews: Best Sock For Hammer Toes
So here’s our selection of the best socks that can relieve your hammertoe’s distress.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This is one of the best socks for hammertoes, so for a reason. These are ideal as they are made with a cotton blend that is super soft and comfortable for your feet.
- While made with a piece of high-quality breathable fabric, one size mostly fits both men and women well.
- Moreover, the toe separation design helps relieve pain from hammertoes, bunions, and crooked toes.
- Also, these socks improve blood circulation throughout the feet and promote good health for our feet.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Meaiguo® Women's Low-Cut Athletic Socks for Hammer Toes
- Meaiguo’s socks are made from a blend of 75% cotton, 22% polyester, and 3% spandex materials.
- Also, these socks fully cover the toes while keeping them separated with their unique design.
- The individual toe socks for hammertoes help minimize skin-on-skin contact, chafing, and blisters.
- Moreover, these socks are a fun and practical way to increase blood circulation, all while being super comfy!
- These socks make for an excellent present for any special woman in your life.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Nachvorn® Women's Sports Toe Alignment Socks
- These unique socks for hammertoes are super soft, breathable, and comfortable with elasticity.
- Moreover, they help slow down the development of bunions and relieve pain from plantar fasciitis and crooked toes.
- Plus, this pair of socks is excellent for maintaining good health of your feet if you regularly wear high heels. Wearing high heels can squish your toes together which can cause deformity.
- The ideal time to wear these socks is at night; as you sleep, the socks help your feet relax and promote circulation.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Original Foot Alignment Socks® Unisex Medium Cotton Toe Separator Socks
- These imported socks for hammertoes are 90% cotton, 7% polyester, and 3% elastane.
- Also, the socks help slow down bunions and relieve pain caused by hammertoe, plantar fasciitis, and crooked toes.
- In addition, these socks improve blood circulation and the general health of your feet.
- Hence, their toe separating charcoal foot alignment socks help realign your toes and provide the ultimate comfort.
Original Foot Alignment® Unisex Multi-Color Comfy Toe Alignment Socks
- While available in fun colors, these socks are ideal for people seeking some relief from deformational toes and foot cramps.
- The plush and soft material provides superior comfort; therefore, these socks are recommended to people with diabetes, swollen feet, or menopause.
- Moreover, the socks keep your feet warm, all while helping your feet heal and relax.
- Also, these socks are not meant to be worn with shoes.
Cosfash® Women's Cotton Mesh Wicking Toe Separator Socks
- These socks are made with 100% cotton and are highly durable and very comfortable.
- Moreover, the high quality of the fabric makes these socks for hammertoes great at moisture absorption.
- The separate toe design prevents any chances of chafing, blisters, or discomfort by protecting each toe individually.
- In addition, the toe separator design also keeps the toes aligned and promotes blood circulation.
- Also, the mesh top significantly improves the breathability of the socks and is effective in preventing allergies.
RockWearZ® Unisex Gel-Lined Socks for Hammertoes
- The RockWearZ is a gel-lined alignment sock for hammertoes.
- The socks are mixed nylon with a gel lining.
- They have open-toe and toe separators.
- Ideal for Hammertoes and similar conditions.
Nachvorn® Unisex Sports Socks for Hammertoes
- These are actually Yoga and sports socks with toe separators.
- They work very well for hammertoes.
- The socks have a soft and elastic texture.
- The toe separators keep toes apart to help with hammertoe correction.
Triim® Unisex Fitness Socks for Hammertoes
- The Triim socks are also separator socks for hammertoes.
- They are cotton, spandex, and acrylic socks.
- The socks have stretchers, toe separators, and massagers.
- There are also more colors available to you.
About Toes® Unisex Seperator Bamboo Socks for Hammertoes
- From About Toes, we also have the perfect socks for hammertoes.
- They are separator socks.
- The socks consist of natural bamboo fibers.
- They offer fast pain relief from hammertoes or bunions.
Index Table: Top-Rated Socks For Hammer Toes
|1||ReachTop Unisex Cotton - Toe Separator Socks||ReachTop||97|
|2||Meaiguo Women's Low-Cut - Athletic Socks for Hammer Toes||Meaiguo||98|
|3||Nachvorn Women's Sports - Toe Alignment Socks||Nachvorn||96|
|4||Original Foot Alignment Socks Unisex Medium - Cotton Toe Separator Socks||Original Foot Alignment Socks||97|
|5||Original Foot Alignment Unisex Multi-Color - Comfy Toe Alignment Socks||Original Foot Alignment||97|
|6||Cosfash Women's Cotton - Mesh Wicking Toe Separator Socks||Cosfash||97|
|7||RockWearZ Unisex Gel-Lined - Socks for Hammertoes||RockWearZ||97.3|
|8||Nachvorn Unisex Sports - Socks for Hammertoes||Nachvorn||96.9|
|9||Triim Unisex Fitness - Socks for Hammertoes||Triim||96.8|
|10||About Toes Unisex Seperator - Bamboo Socks for Hammertoes||About Toes||96.8|