At the end of the day, over-the-knee compression socks are a great investment for your health. If you’ve been on the fence about whether or not to invest in some new knee-highs this season, give our guide a read and see if it helps make up your mind!
These socks provide gentle pressure on your calf muscles, which may help reduce swelling in your legs and improve blood circulation. Listed below are some great knee-high compression socks on Amazon.
Myths Revolving Around Over the Knee Compression Socks
There is a ton of misinformation out there about these compression socks; now, let’s find out what the truth is.
- Cuts Off Circulation – One of the most commonly heard myths about compression socks is that they can cut off your circulation. This is not true if you are wearing the right fit for your calf and length. Moreover, the socks should be worn properly and not rolled down or folded over.
- Old People Socks – Another old myth is that compression socks are only worn by the elderly. These socks are designed to provide oxygenated blood to the legs by pressurizing the blood vessels. It keeps the blood flowing as it should. So they are beneficial for people of all age groups.
- Cure for Varicose Veins – Compression socks in no way cure varicose veins or leg ulcers. However, they do provide several benefits for people suffering from these problems. Users can expect reduced swelling, relief from discomfort, and aches related to such medical conditions.
- Unattractive – Yes, originally, these socks were only available in boring colors like nude, black or white. That is not the case anymore. Compression socks are now available for formal occasions and casual colors or styles.
Is it Better to Wear Compression Socks at Night or During the Day?
Let’s find out!
- Avoiding Discomfort During the Day – Wearing over the knee compression socks for activities like running can help maintain a healthy blood flow through your calves. Also, having thigh high athletic socks throughout the day will help reduce foot and leg fatigue from running.
- Natural Restoration at Night – Wearing compression socks to bed can aid your body’s natural rehabilitation process while you sleep. So, these compression socks use their mild yet graduated compression levels to circulate blood from the lower legs to the heart. They also minimize the risk of harmful clotting and swelling.
We also recommend thigh high compression socks that can work both day and night depending on the kind of comfort or impact you seek.
What are the Side Effects of Compression Stockings?
Compression socks are generally pretty safe to wear when worn correctly. Here are some potential risks to keep in mind.
- Cut Off Circulation – If you aren’t wearing the correct size that doesn’t fit your calf and length well, your compression socks might start cutting off your circulation.
- Chafe or Bruise – Wearing compression socks over dry skin can irritate your skin and cause itchiness. Also, if you’re traveling in dry air climate conditions, that might agitate the skin further. Only people with weak skin barriers may get bruises, but again the right-sized socks can prevent that.
Reviews: Best Over The Knee Compression Socks
Provide below is a list of the best over the knee compression socks available online. We hope you find the information helpful. In addition, all purchases made using the links on this page help us earn a small profit. No extra charges will incur in your bill.
- These tall styles are the best knee-high compression socks for men providing 20-30mmHg Firm pressure for pronounced medical symptoms.
- They help improve circulation for prolonged sitting, standing, travel, surgery, muscle recovery, and swollen feet.
- Also help relieve varicose veins, swelling, spider veins, sore, aching tired legs, DVT blood clots, and edema.
- These socks are made in the USA, out of Nylon and Spandex. These are Latex-Free.
- Flat dry in a cool and shady place.
- These thicken bottom socks have an elastic fabric and are great for any sport.
- They help keep your feet and calf cozy in cold weather.
- And the knee-high length provides extra protection to your knees and ankles.
- Also, they are great for using over some shin guards, for soccer players.
- These knee-high compression socks are great for both men and women with post-thrombotic syndrome, orthostatic hypotension, and active ulcers.
- They are very comfortable and breathable as they are lightweight yet firm as they are developed using medical-grade reliability.
- With these knee-high compression socks, pregnancy, maternity, running, and traveling will be a breeze.
- These socks are not just your average anti-fatigue support. They also provide excellent help with post-sclerotherapy and post-surgical treatment.
- These knee compression socks 20-30 mmHg are made using high-quality materials: 23% Spandex and 77% Nylon.
- The socks are made out of a durable, breathable fabric that will last you quite a while.
- In addition, the silicone bands at the top help secure them in place on the thighs and don’t leave any marks.
- These over the knee compression socks 20-30 mmHg are soft to touch and comfortable, so you can wear them all day thanks to the 3-D knit structure using air-covered spandex yarn.
- Also, the yarn used contains 66% Nylon, 28% Spandex, 6% Silicone, Latex Free.
- The close-toe styles are designed with patients in mind, giving them ample space to move their toes around.
- They come with a reinforced heel for increased durability and ‘Silicon Dot Band’ to secure them in place.
- These compression socks are soft and comfortable with 15-20 mmHg light compression so that they can be worn all day long.
- Thus ideal for medical professionals and nurses who have to stay on their feet all day.
- The thick padded heel and the toe box help reduce foot pain from the round-the-clock high-pressure impact, like taking a long hike, while the compression hose helps prevent calf cramps.
- These socks are available in colors ranging from rainbow to more conservative color combinations.
Index Table: Top-Rated Over The Knee Compression Socks
|1||Truform Unisex X-Large - Over The Knee Compression Socks||Truform||97|
|2||IXI Unisex Black - Over Knee Cotton Compression Socks||IXI||98|
|3||LuChoice Unisex Professional - Blue Compression Socks||LuChoice||96|
|4||PPXGOGO Unisex Medical - Thigh High Compression Socks||PPXGOGO||97|
|5||JOBST Unisex 3-D knit - Silicon Band Compression Socks||JOBST||96|
|6||X31 Sports Unisex Small - White Over The Knee Compression Socks||X31 Sports||98|
Table of Contents
- Myths Revolving Around Over the Knee Compression Socks
- Is it Better to Wear Compression Socks at Night or During the Day?
- What are the Side Effects of Compression Stockings?
- Reviews: Best Over The Knee Compression Socks
- Truform® Unisex X-Large Over The Knee Compression Socks
- IXI® Unisex Black Over Knee Cotton Compression Socks
- LuChoice® Unisex Professional Blue Compression Socks
- PPXGOGO® Unisex Medical Thigh High Compression Socks
- JOBST® Unisex 3-D knit Silicon Band Compression Socks
- X31 Sports® Unisex Small White Over The Knee Compression Socks
- Index Table: Top-Rated Over The Knee Compression Socks