Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Over-the-knee compression socks are a great investment for your health. If you’ve been on the fence about whether or not to invest in some new knee-highs this season, give our guide a read and see if it helps make up your mind!
These socks provide gentle pressure on your calf muscles, which may help reduce swelling in your legs and improve blood circulation. Listed below are some great knee-high compression socks on Amazon.
Table of Contents
- Myths Revolving Around Over the Knee Compression Socks
- Is it Better to Wear Compression Socks at Night or During the Day?
- Related Articles on Thigh High Socks
- What are the Side Effects of Compression Stockings?
- How We Test and Score Over The Knee Compression Socks
- Related Articles on Compression Socks
- Reviews: Best Over The Knee Compression Socks
- Truform® Unisex X-Large Over The Knee Compression Socks
- JOBST® Unisex 3-D knit Silicon Band Compression Socks
- LuChoice® Unisex Professional Blue Compression Socks
- PPXGOGO® Unisex Medical Thigh High Compression Socks
- IXI® Unisex Black Over Knee Cotton Compression Socks
- Pelisy® Unisex Small White Over The Knee Compression Socks
- TeeHee® Unisex Athletic Bamboo Compression Over Knee Socks
- NuVein® Unisex medical Over the Knee Compression Socks
- Athbavid® Unisex Toeless Over the Knee Compression Socks
- TCK® Unisex High Over the Knee Compression Socks
- Index Table: Top-Rated Over The Knee Compression Socks
Myths Revolving Around Over the Knee Compression Socks
There is a ton of misinformation about these compression socks; now, let’s find out the truth.
- Cuts Off Circulation – One of the most commonly heard myths about compression socks is that they can cut off your circulation. This is not true if you wear the right fit for your calf and length. Moreover, the socks should be worn properly, not rolled down or folded.
- Old People Socks – Another old myth is that compression socks are only worn by the elderly. These socks provide oxygenated blood to the legs by pressuring the blood vessels. It keeps the blood flowing as it should. So they are beneficial for people of all age groups.
- Cure for Varicose Veins – Compression socks cure varicose veins or leg ulcers in no way. However, they do provide several benefits for people suffering from these problems. Users can expect reduced swelling, relief from discomfort, and aches related to such medical conditions.
- Unattractive – These socks were originally only available in boring colors like nude, black or white. That is not the case anymore. Compression socks are now available for formal occasions and casual colors or styles.
Is it Better to Wear Compression Socks at Night or During the Day?
Let’s find out!
- Avoiding Discomfort During the Day – Wearing over the knee compression socks for activities like running can help maintain a healthy blood flow through your calves. Also, having thigh-high athletic socks throughout the day will help reduce foot and leg fatigue from running.
- Natural Restoration at Night – Wearing compression socks to bed can aid your body’s natural rehabilitation process while you sleep. So, these compression socks use mild yet graduated compression levels to circulate blood from the lower legs to the heart. They also minimize the risk of harmful clotting and swelling.
We also recommend thigh-high compression socks that can work both day and night depending on the kind of comfort or impact you seek.
Related Articles on Thigh High Socks
- Knit Thigh High Socks
- Best Cotton Thigh High Socks
- Thick Thigh High Socks
- Thigh High Boot Socks
- Men’s Thigh High Socks
- Extra Long Thigh High Socks
- Thigh High Athletic Socks
What are the Side Effects of Compression Stockings?
Compression socks are generally pretty safe to wear when worn correctly. Here are some potential risks to keep in mind.
- Cut-Off Circulation – If you aren’t wearing the correct size that doesn’t fit your calf and length well, your compression socks might start cutting off your circulation.
- Chafe or Bruise – Wearing compression socks over dry skin can irritate your skin and cause itchiness. Also, if you’re traveling in dry air climate conditions, that might agitate the skin further. Only people with weak skin barriers may get bruises, but the right-sized socks can prevent that.
How We Test and Score Over The Knee Compression Socks
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 25 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Over The Knee Compression Socks, for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Moisture Wicking – We observed how dry or sweaty the socks left our feet after continuously wearing them for 12 hours.
- Non-Slip – We assessed how the socks could prevent the feet from slipping on smooth surfaces.
- Seamless Construction – We tested the quality and strength of the seamless construction.
- Calves Support – We tested how well the socks hug and support the calves of the leg.
- Stretchable – We test the fabric’s stretchability by hand stretching and putting them on.
Related Articles on Compression Socks
- Open Toe Compression Socks
- Best Compression Socks for Running
- Best Compression Socks for Edema
- Best Compression Socks For Pregnancy
- Best Compression Socks For Shin Splints
- Bamboo Compression Socks
- Best Socks for CrossFit
Reviews: Best Over The Knee Compression Socks
Provide below is a list of the best over-the-knee compression socks available online. We hope you find the information helpful.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These tall styles are the best knee-high compression socks for men providing 20-30mmHg Firm pressure for pronounced medical symptoms.
- They help improve circulation for prolonged sitting, standing, travel, surgery, muscle recovery, and swollen feet.
- Also help relieve varicose veins, swelling, spider veins, sore, aching tired legs, DVT blood clots, and edema.
- These socks are made in the USA, out of Nylon and Spandex. These are Latex-Free.
- Flat dry in a cool and shady place.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
JOBST® Unisex 3-D knit Silicon Band Compression Socks
- These over-the-knee compression socks 20-30 mmHg are soft to the touch and comfortable, so you can wear them all day thanks to the 3-D knit structure using air-covered spandex yarn.
- Also, the yarn used contains 66% Nylon, 28% Spandex, 6% Silicone, and Latex Free.
- The closed-toe styles are designed with patients in mind, giving them ample space to move their toes around.
- They come with a reinforced heel for increased durability and a ‘Silicon Dot Band’ to secure them in place.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
LuChoice® Unisex Professional Blue Compression Socks
- These knee-high compression socks are great for men and women with post-thrombotic syndrome, orthostatic hypotension, and active ulcers.
- They are very comfortable and breathable as they are lightweight yet firm as they are developed using medical-grade reliability.
- Pregnancy, maternity, running, and traveling will be a breeze with these knee-high compression socks.
- These socks are not just your average anti-fatigue support. They also provide excellent help with post-sclerotherapy and post-surgical treatment.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
PPXGOGO® Unisex Medical Thigh High Compression Socks
- These knee compression socks 20-30 mmHg are made using high-quality materials: 23% Spandex and 77% Nylon.
- The socks are made out of a durable, breathable fabric that will last you quite a while.
- In addition, the silicone bands at the top help secure them in place on the thighs and don’t leave any marks.
IXI® Unisex Black Over Knee Cotton Compression Socks
- These thicken bottom socks have an elastic fabric and are great for any sport.
- They help keep your feet and calf cozy in cold weather.
- And the knee-high length provides extra protection to your knees and ankles.
- Also, they are great for using over some shin guards for soccer players.
Pelisy® Unisex Small White Over The Knee Compression Socks
- These compression socks are soft and comfortable with 15-20 mmHg light compression so that they can be worn all day long.
- Thus is ideal for medical professionals and nurses who have to stay on their feet all day.
- The thick padded heel and the toe box help reduce foot pain from the round-the-clock high-pressure impact, like taking a long hike, while the compression hose helps prevent calf cramps.
- These socks are available in colors ranging from rainbow to more conservative color combinations.
TeeHee® Unisex Athletic Bamboo Compression Over Knee Socks
- The TeeHee socks are over-the-knee compression socks.
- They come in a neutral three-set.
- The socks are compression socks that offer mild compression and improve circulation.
- They are available in different sizes.
NuVein® Unisex medical Over the Knee Compression Socks
- The NuVein compression socks are more of a stocking.
- They are available in neutral colors and in more sizes.
- The Socks offer an over-knee fit and moderate compression.
- Comfortable and crafted from hospital materials.
Athbavid® Unisex Toeless Over the Knee Compression Socks
- Here we have comfortable over-the-knee compression socks.
- They offer a higher 20-32mmHg compression level.
- The socks have a toeless foot and silicone dots,
- They are Nylon and Spandex.
TCK® Unisex High Over the Knee Compression Socks
- The TCK compression socks are and over the knee fit.
- They have Flex compression and are athletic in design.
- The compression socks have a fitted shape and arch compression.
- There are also protective cushioning zones at the knees.
Index Table: Top-Rated Over The Knee Compression Socks
|1||Truform Unisex X-Large - Over The Knee Compression Socks||Truform||97|
|2||JOBST Unisex 3-D knit - Silicon Band Compression Socks||JOBST||96|
|3||LuChoice Unisex Professional - Blue Compression Socks||LuChoice||96|
|4||PPXGOGO Unisex Medical - Thigh High Compression Socks||PPXGOGO||97|
|5||IXI Unisex Black - Over Knee Cotton Compression Socks||IXI||98|
|6||Pelisy Unisex Small - White Over The Knee Compression Socks||Pelisy||98|
|7||TeeHee Unisex Athletic - Bamboo Compression Over Knee Socks||TeeHee||97.3|
|8||NuVein Unisex medical - Over the Knee Compression Socks||NuVein||96|
|9||Athbavid Unisex Toeless - Over the Knee Compression Socks||Athbavid||96.8|
|10||TCK Unisex High - Over the Knee Compression Socks||TCK||97.2|