Wearing combat boots can be rough on the feet, leading to pains, aches, and blisters.
Military combat boot socks are designed to help prevent these problems from occurring.
Read further on for more info about buying military boot socks, what materials are best and which features to look out for.
What You Need To Know Before Buying A Military Boot Sock
These pointers are useful to note before going to purchase a pair of military combat boot socks.
- Length – The length of the sock is important for preventing blisters or rashes. Combat boots are generally over the ankle, so you are looking to get a pair of either knee-high, over the calf or mid-calf length socks.
- Elastic – Do not opt for combat boot socks that are kept up on your leg with a sewn-in elastic band. This will cut off your circulation and feel uncomfortable on a daily basis. Instead, use a pair of combat boot socks that hold up from the stitching or a material band.
- Breathability – Breathability in a combat boot sock is essential for the feet to remain comfortable and fresh. Well built socks made from the right materials will help ensure that your feet can breathe.
Materials in a Military Combat Boot Socks
These materials are among the best for use to manufacture military combat boot socks.
- Wool – Wool is insulating, fire-resistant, moisture-wicking, antimicrobial and odor resistant. When the right type of wool is selected, the socks are then incredibly soft and comfortable. Wool is a favorite for use in harsh environments such as heat or extreme cold. Thinner wool socks are better for summer, and very thick wool socks are ideal for Northern winters.
- Cotton – Cotton is better for use in moderate temperature zones, but will also help to prevent friction and blistering inside your boots. This material is natural, moisture-wicking and allows the skin to breathe.
- Spandex – Spandex is necessary for stretch, which will enhance the quality of your socks tenfold. Stretchy fabric ensures durability as well as a perfect fit every time you put it on. Spandex allows for mild compression too, which alleviates pressure off the feet.
Features of a Good Combat Boot Sock
If you want the best combat boot socks, just get a pair with one or more of the below features!
- Underfoot Cushioning – If the socks have underfoot cushioning, they will provide an extra layer of both insulation and shock resistance. This effectively removes pressure from your feet and prevents them from tiring out as much.
- Arch Support – Socks that give arch support are usually reinforced by nylon and last longer. The arch support also allows you to be active for longer and reduces foot pain or discomfort.
- Compression – Compression socks work by contracting specific areas of the feet and calves, forcing the body to rely on microcirculation. This improves circulation, alleviates swelling and reduces fatigue.
- Reinforced Heel & Toe – The toe and the heel of a sock are traditionally the first places to get holes in them. Well, not if the socks have reinforced heels and toes! With this feature, your military socks will last an incredibly long time.
- Odor Resistance – Wool and a few other specialized fibers are resistant to odors, allowing your feet not to smell when removing your combat boots.
Reviews: Best Military Combat Boot Sock
Browse our quality selection of military combat boot socks below and click the ones that best suits your needs.
- These military combat boot socks are made from 80% cotton, which means that they are comfortable and breathable.
- The other 20% is spandex, which ensures the sock remains in great shape for a long time and will always fit you.
- A ribbed top will hold it in place, being entirely elastic band-free and non-constrictive on the leg.
- It comes up to the mid-calf, making it suitable for the majority of military combat boots and other similar heavy-duty footgear.
- The underside of the foot is padded for additional protection against impact, pressure relief, and comfort.
- These military socks by Thorlos are held together by 84% acrylic, which is a synthetic derivative of wool that is more durable.
- No need to worry about the length, these socks have you covered with over the calf protection.
- 14% nylon gives the sock additional strength, allowing it to survive more washes without wear and tear.
- The heel and toe areas of this sock are reinforced, making them even more durable and comfortable.
- The non-binding vent ribbed topstitching allows your legs to breathe while holding the socks up.
- Available in 3 different colors and packs of 3 pairs.
- These socks are based on original military sock designs, made for enduring rough, heavy-duty combat boots.
- Made using nylon and spandex, the socks will provide your feet with a secure feel and mild compression.
- Throughout the entire sock, there is a minimal 8-15 mmHg compression, giving your feet relief from aches or pains.
- The socks have been treated with Scentry, which helps to prevent your socks from having an odor permanently.
- Silver or copper filaments have been woven into this sock to confer antimicrobial effects and longevity.
- Knee-high, these military boot socks are ideal for those who have big boots or who need calf protection.
- Made to survive the harsh Canadian Winter Time, these socks were modeled off of the very ones used by the Canadian Army.
- 60% Wool in combination with 40% nylon does a fantastic job of keeping your socks in prime condition as well as keeping your feet dry.
- Wool is breathable and will enhance moisture-wicking off your feet, which ought to stay dry in the snow.
- The underside of the socks have pads that offer luxurious cushioning and comfort, helpful for reducing foot fatigue.
- The length of the socks is more than appropriate for your combat boots, coming up to just under the calf.
- Wrangler’s boot socks are ideal for those who like to venture into rough terrain in their combat boots.
- Made from a durable moisture-wicking material, these socks will keep your feet and legs dry the whole day.
- The ribbed leg cuffs keep the socks up without breaking circulation or promoting swelling in the feet.
- The bottom of the socks is half cushioned to promote protection and arch support.
- Ideal for those who suffer from tired feet and who have to wear combat boots or hiking shoes.
- Available in 3 different colors.
- Comes in a pack of 3 pairs.
The Meriwool merino wool sock is soft and warm with the ideal design for wearing with Military boots.
- With your package, you will get three sets of Merino Wool socks.
- There are a few neutral colors from which you can select in this range.
- The socks comprise of breathable and insulated Merino wool with a stretchable fit.
- You can machine wash your socks, and they also help to prevent odors and wick away moisture.
The Danish Endurance socks are durable and comfortable for wearing with Military Boots.
- These lightweight socks comprise of 40% Merino Wool and have ventilated mesh lanes for breathability.
- They are designed in Denmark for Hiking and mountaineering, so they offer excellent durability and lightweight comfort.
- You can likewise choose from a few color selections.
The Unisex Design socks from Sock Amazing are ideal for wearing with Military Boots in hotter weather conditions.
- The Rayon Bamboo and Polyester materials breathe well and wick away moisture.
- Spandex is used to improve flexibility for a comfortable fit.
- The Bamboo fibers also act as an antibacterial and sweat absorbing barrier.
- The toe and heel of the sock are reinforced for durability.
- These socks are designed especially for military boots and similar use.
- It comes with a silver lining in the heel and toe areas to prevent infection and fights foot fungus.
- The absorbent acrylic material keeps the feet dry all day and provides cushioning to the feet.
- It also helps to prevent blisters, fights friction, and comes with built-in arch support for long time wear.
- These socks are made with a natural blend of Organic Cotton, Nylon, and Elastane.
- It comes with reinforced heel and toes, done by a highly durable Polyamide thread.
- The socks come with a band on the foot and cuff for a tighter fit and prevent slipping.
- They are anti-odor, with a high level of breathability and moisture absorption.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Military Combat Boot Socks
Table of Contents
- What You Need To Know Before Buying A Military Boot Sock
- Materials in a Military Combat Boot Socks
- Features of a Good Combat Boot Sock
- Reviews: Best Military Combat Boot Sock
- Jefferies Socks® Men's Military Socks Mid Calf Military Socks for Combat Boots
- Thorlos® Unisex Military Boot Socks Padded Over Calf Socks for Combat Boots
- Fox River® Men's Military Boot Socks Over Calf Military Compression Boot Socks
- Sox Shop® Men's Thermal Military Socks Heavy Wool Military Combat Boot Socks
- Wrangler® Men's Combat Boot Socks Moisture Wicking Combat Boot Socks
- Meriwool® Unisex Wool Military Boot Wool Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Military Boot Socks
- Sock Amazing® Unisex Premium Bamboo Military Boot Socks
- Covert Threads® Unisex Desert Military Boot Socks
- 281Z® Unisex Tactical Military Boot Socks
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Military Combat Boot Socks