Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Wearing combat boots can be rough on the feet, leading to pains, aches, and blisters.
Military combat boot socks are designed to help prevent these problems from occurring.
Read further on for more info about buying military boot socks, what materials are best and which features to look out for.
Table of Contents
- What You Need To Know Before Buying A Military Boot Sock
- Materials in a Military Combat Boot Socks
- Related Articles on Boot Socks
- Features of a Good Combat Boot Sock
- How We Test and Score Military Boot Socks
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Military Boot Socks
- Reviews: Best Military Combat Boot Socks
- Jefferies Socks® Men's Military Socks Mid Calf Military Socks for Combat Boots
- Thorlos® Unisex Military Boot Socks Padded Over Calf Socks for Combat Boots
- Fox River® Men's Military Boot Socks Over Calf Military Compression Boot Socks
- Sox Shop® Men's Thermal Military Socks Heavy Wool Army Boot Socks
- Wrangler® Men's Combat Boot Socks Moisture Wicking Combat Boot Socks
- Meriwool® Unisex Wool Military Boot Wool Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Military Boot Socks
- Sock Amazing® Unisex Premium Bamboo Military Boot Socks
- Covert Threads® Unisex Desert Military Boot Socks
- 281Z® Unisex Tactical Military Boot Socks
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Military Combat Boot Socks
What You Need To Know Before Buying A Military Boot Sock
These pointers are useful to note before purchasing a pair of military combat boot socks.
- Length – The length of the sock is important for preventing blisters or rashes. Combat boots are generally over the ankle, so you are looking to get a pair of either knee-high, over-the-calf, or mid-calf length socks.
- Elastic – Do not opt for combat boot socks that are kept up on your leg with a sewn-in elastic band that will cut off your circulation and feels uncomfortable daily. Instead, use a pair of combat boot socks held up from the stitching or a material band.
- Breathability – Breathability in a combat boot sock is essential for the feet to remain comfortable and fresh. Having well-built socks made from the right materials will help ensure that your feet can breathe.
Materials in a Military Combat Boot Socks
These materials are among the best to manufacture military combat boot socks.
Wool – Wool is insulating, fire-resistant, moisture-wicking, antimicrobial and odor resistant. When the right type of wool is selected, the socks are incredibly soft and comfortable. Wool is a favorite for harsh environments such as heat or extreme cold. Thinner wool socks are better for summer, and wool thick boot socks are ideal for Northern winters.
Cotton – Cotton is better for use in moderate temperature zones, but will also help to prevent friction and blistering inside your boots. This material is natural, moisture-wicking, and allows the skin to breathe.
Spandex – Spandex is necessary for stretch, enhancing your socks’ quality tenfold. Stretchy fabric ensures durability and a perfect fit every time you put it on. Spandex allows for mild compression too, which alleviates pressure off the feet.
Related Articles on Boot Socks
- The Best Military Boot Socks
- Winter Boot Socks
- Best Socks for Booties
- Thick Boot Socks
- Best Socks for Work Boots
- Wide Calf Boot Socks
- Best Socks for Steel Toe Boots
Features of a Good Combat Boot Sock
If you want the best combat boot socks, get a pair with one or more of the below features!
- Underfoot Cushioning – If the socks have underfoot cushioning, they will provide an extra layer of both insulation and shock resistance. This effectively removes pressure from your feet and prevents them from tiring out as much.
- Arch Support – Socks that give arch support are usually reinforced by nylon and last longer. The arch support also allows you to be active for longer and reduces foot pain or discomfort.
- Compression – Compression socks work by contracting specific areas of the feet and calves, forcing the body to rely on microcirculation. This improves circulation, alleviates swelling, and reduces fatigue.
- Reinforced Heel & Toe – The toe and the heel of a sock are traditionally the first places to get holes in them. Well, not if the socks have reinforced heels and toes! With this feature, your military socks will last an incredibly long time.
- Odor Resistance – Wool and a few other specialized fibers are resistant to odors, allowing your feet not to smell when removing your combat boots.
How We Test and Score Military Boot Socks
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 21 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Military Boot Socks, for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Underfoot Cushioning – We compared the underfoot cushioning provided by the socks.
- Durability – We researched how long users are able to use these socks without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Anti-Odor – We noticed if the socks produced any odor after wearing them for a long.
- Non-Binding – We assessed how the socks blend, distributing their tightness around the leg.
- Thickness – We took note of the thickness of the fabric of all socks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Military Boot Socks
- What kind of socks do you wear with combat boots?
We recommend thick socks when wearing military boot socks to ensure the protection around the feet. These socks improve circulation, alleviates swelling, and reduces fatigue.
- What are combat socks?
Combat socks offer good temperature control and comfort which are ideal for heavy-duty. These socks will provide your feet with a secure feel and mild compression throughout the day.
- Can you wear compression socks in the military?
Remember that compression socks apply gentle pressure to your legs and ankles which help you from getting tired. It is also incredibly soft, enhances moisture-wicking off your feet and very comfortable.
- Are boot socks in Style 2021?
Sock boots are still very much trending with their high quality and durability. These thick socks help your feet to keep warm and enough to protect you during the day.
Reviews: Best Military Combat Boot Socks
Browse our quality selection of military combat boot socks below and click the ones that best suit your needs.
We hope you love the military combat boot socks we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These military combat boot socks are made from 80% cotton, which means they are comfortable and breathable.
- The other 20% is spandex, which ensures the sock remains in great shape for a long time and will always fit you.
- A ribbed top will hold it in place, being entirely elastic band-free and non-constrictive on the leg.
- It comes up to the mid-calf, suitable for most military combat boots and similar heavy-duty footgear.
- The foot’s underside is padded for additional protection against impact, pressure relief, and comfort.
- Made In USA.
- A Bit Tight Over The Arch.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Thorlos® Unisex Military Boot Socks Padded Over Calf Socks for Combat Boots
- These military socks by Thorlos are held together by 84% acrylic, a synthetic derivative of wool that is more durable.
- There is no need to worry about the length; these socks have you covered with over-the-calf protection.
- 14% nylon gives the sock additional strength, allowing it to survive more washes without wear and tear.
- This sock’s heel and toe areas are reinforced, making them even more durable and comfortable.
- The non-binding vent ribbed topstitching allows your legs to breathe while holding the socks up.
- Available in 3 different colors and packs of 3 pairs.
- Odor Resistant.
- Made In USA.
- A Bit Thicker.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Fox River® Men's Military Boot Socks Over Calf Military Compression Boot Socks
- These socks are based on original military sock designs, made for enduring rugged, heavy-duty combat boots.
- These socks will provide your feet with a secure feel and mild compression made from nylon and spandex.
- A minimal 8-15 mmHg compression throughout the entire sock gives your feet relief from aches or pains.
- The socks have been treated with Scentry, which helps prevent your socks from having an odor permanently.
- Silver or copper filaments have been woven into this sock to confer antimicrobial effects and longevity.
- Knee-high, these military boot socks are ideal for big boots or those who need calf protection.
- Arch Support.
- Compression Is A Bit Tight.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Sox Shop® Men's Thermal Military Socks Heavy Wool Army Boot Socks
- Made to survive the harsh Canadian Winter Time, they modeled these socks off of the very ones used by the Canadian Army.
- 60% Wool in combination with 40% nylon does a fantastic job of keeping your socks in prime condition as well as keeping your feet dry.
- Wool is breathable and will enhance moisture-wicking off your feet, which ought to stay dry in the snow.
- The underside of the socks has pads that offer luxurious cushioning and comfort, helping reduce foot fatigue.
- The length of the socks is more than appropriate for your combat boots, coming up to just under the calf.
Wrangler® Men's Combat Boot Socks Moisture Wicking Combat Boot Socks
- Wrangler’s boot socks are ideal for those who like to venture into rough terrain in their combat boots.
- Made from a durable moisture-wicking material, these socks will keep your feet, and legs dry the whole day.
- The ribbed leg cuffs keep the socks up without breaking circulation or promoting swelling in the feet.
- The bottom of the socks is half cushioned to promote protection and arch support.
- Ideal for those who suffer from tired feet and wear combat boots or hiking shoes.
- Available in 3 different colors.
- It comes in a pack of 3 pairs.
Meriwool® Unisex Wool Military Boot Wool Socks
The Meriwool merino wool sock is soft and warm, ideal for wearing military boots.
- With your package, you will get three sets of Merino Wool socks.
- There are a few neutral colors you can select in this range.
- The socks comprise breathable and insulated Merino wool with a stretchable fit.
- You can machine wash your socks, and they also help prevent odors and wick away moisture.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Military Boot Socks
The Danish Endurance socks are durable and comfortable for wearing with Military Boots.
- These lightweight socks comprise 40% Merino Wool and have ventilated mesh lanes for breathability.
- They are designed in Denmark for Hiking and mountaineering, so they offer excellent durability and lightweight comfort.
- You can likewise choose from a few color selections.
Sock Amazing® Unisex Premium Bamboo Military Boot Socks
The Unisex Design socks from Sock Amazing are ideal for wearing military boots in hotter weather conditions.
- The Rayon Bamboo and Polyester materials breathe well and wick away moisture.
- Spandex is used to improve flexibility for a comfortable fit.
- The Bamboo fibers also act as an antibacterial and sweat absorbing barrier.
- The toe and heel of the sock are reinforced for durability.
Covert Threads® Unisex Desert Military Boot Socks
- These socks are designed especially for military boots and similar use.
- It comes with a silver lining in the heel and toe areas to prevent infection and fights foot fungus.
- The absorbent acrylic material keeps the feet dry all day and provides cushioning.
- It also helps prevent blisters, fights friction, and comes with built-in arch support for long-time wear.
281Z® Unisex Tactical Military Boot Socks
- These socks are made with a natural blend of Organic Cotton, Nylon, and Elastane.
- It comes with reinforced heels and toes, done by a highly durable Polyamide thread.
- The socks come with a band on the foot and cuff for a tighter fit and prevent slipping.
- They are anti-odor, with a high level of breathability and moisture absorption.