With Winter on your doorstep, you may want to consider a pair of knitted thigh high socks to keep yourself warm in style!
For ways to dress knit thigh high socks, info on different kinds of sock knit stitches as well as their best features, scroll down below.
3 Ways To Wear Knit Thigh High Socks in Winter
Just because it’s Winter doesn’t mean you have to forfeit your sense of style! Try wearing any of the below socks in one of the following ways:
- Over Tights – If you love wearing thigh highs in Summer with a dress, skirt, or a pair of shorts, you can still style it the same way in Winter. All you need to do is wear your thigh high socks over a pair of tights, and voila! A Summer style in a Winter setting.
- Rolled Down – Another very zoot way to dress your socks is to roll them down over your boots. This will give your boots more emphasis while also insulating them better and making your knees warmer.
- Scrunched Up – If you have small calves and big thighs, a good way to even things out a bit is to scrunch up your thigh high socks like a pair of leg warmers. Push them down until just under or over the knee (depending on their length) and scrunch up the rest below. This will also make your calves extra warm and slim your thighs by contrast.
Different Types of Sock Knit Stitches
The following two socks knitches are the most commonly used to make beautiful knitted socks.
- Cable Stitch – Cable stitch is formed by vertically straight lines that cross at various intersections, making it appear as if the socks have gorgeous twisted ropes moving along their length. Variations on cable stitch include shortening or elongating the lengths between the rope-like design crosses over itself.
- Ribbed Stitch – Ribbed stitch is basic but beautiful, forming solid lines that run vertically down the socks. A very tight rib stitch is often used to make a non-binding band that keeps the socks up. Variations include making the lines very thick or very thin. Ribbed stitch is often the warmest type of stitching for Winter.
These two types of stitches and their variations give knit socks a divine textured pattern that should be taken advantage of in an outfit. It’s best not to wear a busy top piece if you want to place more emphasis on your socks.
Features of a Good Knitted Thigh High Sock
These features will make your socks look and feel a step above the rest.
- Non-binding – Look out for socks that don’t use a binding elastic band at the top, particularly if you have large thighs. A non-binding elastic or knitted tie will not leave marks or cut off the circulation to your feet.
- Stays Up – The best thigh high knit socks will stay up on your legs until you decide to take them off.
- Extra Long – Extra-long socks are usually a good thing because it allows you to decide where on your legs you want them to stop and to play around with different styles. Measure your legs before looking at different thigh high socks to get the best out of this feature.
- Acrylic or Wool – To stay warm in exceptionally cold climates, opt for a pair of either wool or acrylic socks. Both wool and it’s synthetic counterpart are highly thermodynamic, meaning that they will regulate your temperature and keep you warm.
- Breathable – One universal perk of knit thigh high socks is that they are breathable. The stitches themselves have tiny gaps that allow air to pass through and allowing the skin to breathe.
Reviews: Best Knit Thigh High Sock
The below thigh high knit socks will all make excellent additions to your Winter wardrobe!
- These super-soft socks by luxury divas will fit most and tend to make thighs look more shapely.
- Ideal for dressing up or down just about any of your favorite outfits, you can wear these socks year-round.
- Made with a blend of spandex and other soft materials, the socks are bound to stay up on your leg without falling.
- A non-binding finely ribbed band at the top helps keep them up without cutting off blood flow.
- These socks are sexy yet comfortable and allow you to walk the streets in full style and confidence.
- If you love wearing crocheted clothing items, then these are the knitted thigh high socks for you!
- Made from a beautiful cable knit stitch, these socks are textured in an elaborate vintage style that will liven up your wardrobe.
- Made from 100% Acrylic, the socks are cozy and suitable to wear all year round (except in extreme climates).
- Wear these all the way up to add length to your legs, or roll them down for additional warmth.
- Available in a few trendy neutral colors to choose from and bound to match most of your wardrobe.
- These gorgeous over the knee knit socks are made using a highly durable blend of stretch cotton and nylon.
- A combination of cable and ribbed stitching was used to produce the gorgeous diamond lace lattice pattern.
- If you stand between 5’1″ and 5’7″, these socks will sit comfortably on your thighs and give you extra height.
- It comes in a pack of 2, with one pair being black and the other grey to match any outfit in your closet.
- The non-binding hem is made using a plain ribbed stitch, which does a great job keeping the sock up in its place.
- These beautiful cable knit thigh socks are made from 100% acrylic, meaning that they will keep your legs warm this Winter.
- The side form patterns form a traditional zig-zag cable stitch, which will bring most Winter outfits to life.
- Ultra-thick and highly durable, these socks will last a long time and are capable of keeping you warm for years.
- There are 8 different colors to choose from, making them ideal as gifts as there should be something for everyone!
- Ideal for those in the height range of 5′ and 5’8″, adding length to your appearance and sass to your Winter wardrobe.
- Here is a pair of very long thigh high socks bound to suit women of every shape and size.
- A classic ribbed stitch was used, which allows for clean vertical lines to run down your legs, giving your shape height and slimming your appearance down.
- Suitable for wearing during Winter in any style you feel like, as the extra length gives these socks more room for play.
- Keep your legs warm and insulated while still allowing your skin to breathe better throughout the colder months.
- Ideal for wearing boots or heels or casually around the house to keep your legs nice and warm!
A very soft and elegant Crochet knit high thigh sock from SherryDC.
- Acrylic crochet sock that is warm and soft.
- High elastic for a non-slip fit.
- Available in many color options.
- Ideal for wearing with longer boot styles.
- A warm and stylish knit sock for all occasions.
- Made from cotton and stretch yarn.
- Coton is breathable and very lightweight.
- Stretchable design that will stay up.
Comfortable and durable over the knee socks from Meso in four pairs.
- Acrylic Cotton and polyester knit with an elastic top.
- Breathable and durable.
- A feminine style for ladies.
- Available in many color options in the four pair sets.
- It is made from 100% durable and soft polyester knit with a fun scrunch design for everyday fashionability.
- It pairs wonderfully with a pair of boots,
- Available in three neutral color selections to choose from as you prefer.
- Classic and fashionable fall appeal.
- A soft and breathable knit sock made from cotton and stretchy yarn.
- Thigh-high and comfortable design available in two darker color selections.
- One size fits most size options and machine washable materials.
- Wear them in different ays with a variety of outfits.
- Cotton and Acrylic knit socks available in many neutral, earthy, and pastel color selections.
- Thigh-high design is knit for warmth and comfort.
- Fashionable and long-lasting durability.
- Highly breathable and moisture-wicking materials.
The Thigh High Knit socks from Stylegaga are a fashion hit.
- These socks consist of Acrylic Wool, Polyester, genuine Wool, and a Nylon blend.
- They are knitted socks for extra thick warmth and comfort.
- The Cable Knit design is more durable and thicker in appearance.
- There are likewise some size options available from which you can select.
The MSG Knit Socks have a medium consistency and thigh-high length for warmth and comfort.
- These Knit construction socks make perfect boot-wearing socks and are just right for cool winters.
- They consist of Wool, Cotton, and Spandex.
- There are likewise size and color options available from which you can choose.
- The Blended materials give a soft texture and long-lasting durability.
From Tipi Toe, we have some lovely winter warming Knit Wool and Cotton Blended socks.
- The Tipi Toe sock consists of pure cotton, Polyester, Acrylic wool, and spandex, warm and comfortable.
- The medium weight thickness offers excellent insulation in cold weather.
- There are also a few color options from which you can choose.
- The package comes with three pairs of socks in different colors.
Comparison Table: Knit Thigh High Socks
Table of Contents
- 3 Ways To Wear Knit Thigh High Socks in Winter
- Different Types of Sock Knit Stitches
- Features of a Good Knitted Thigh High Sock
- Reviews: Best Knit Thigh High Sock
- Luxury Divas® Women's Thigh High Socks Knit Ribbed Stitch Thigh High Socks
- Muk Luks® Women's Thigh High Socks Acrylic Knit Thigh High Socks
- Kayhoma® Women's Thigh High Socks Rib Cable-Knit Cotton Thigh High Socks
- AStorePlus® Women's Thigh High Bohemian Socks Crochet Knit Thigh High Boot Socks
- Foot Traffic® Women's Thigh Socks Thigh High Knit Socks for Winter
- SherryDC® Women's Cable Knit Crochet Knit Socks
- Moon Wood® Women's Knit Over Knit Socks Thigh High
- Meso® Women's 4 Pairs Knit Thigh High Sock Pairs
- Leg Avenue® Unisex Pointelle Scrunch Knit Socks
- Moon Wood® Women's Extra Long Knit Thigh High Socks
- Lian Lifestyle® Unisex Cable Knit Thigh High Knit Socks
- Stylegaga® Unisex Winter Thigh High Wool Blend Knit Socks
- MSG® Unisex Warm Thigh High Knitted Socks
- Tipi Toe® Women's Winter Warm Thick Knit Socks
- Comparison Table: Knit Thigh High Socks