Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Have you ever wondered where tube socks come from, why they’re called tube socks, and where you can get some good ones?
Please scroll down for more info on the history of tube socks, what materials they should be made from, and some of their best features before selecting your favorite pair!
Table of Contents
- A Brief History of Knee High Tube Socks
- Most Comfortable Tube Sock Materials
- Related Articles on Knee High Socks
- Features of a Good Knee High Tube Socks
- Reviews: Knee High Tube Sock
- AJ® Unisex Retro Tube Socks Knee High Retro Tube Socks
- AM Landen® Women's Cotton Tube Socks Cute Knee High Cotton Tube Socks
- Tom & Mary® Women's Tube Socks Knee High Tube Socks
- Dazcos® Women's Old School Socks Reinforced Retro Knee High Tube Socks
- Dream Field® Men's Cotton Tube Socks Pack of 5 Old School Skater Socks
- Joulli® Unisex Triple Stripes Knee High Tube Sock
- NeoNation® Unisex Tube Knee High Tube Socks
- Angelina® Unisex Referee Neon CoolredTtube Socks
- DreamField® Men's Classic Knee High Tube Socks
- Zando® Women's Casual Knee High Tube Socks with Stripes
- JuDanzy® Kids's Coolrful Knee High Tube Socks for Kids
- Satinior® Unisex Triple Stripes Knee High Tube Socks
- VWU® Unisex Athletic Knee High Tube Socks
- Neon Nation® Unisex Team Tube Knee High Tube Socks
- Comparison Table: Top Knee High Tube Socks
A Brief History of Knee High Tube Socks
Everyone knows about tube socks, these ‘rad’ socks that are incredibly comfortable and seem to be popular amongst skaters and high school jocks alike – but where did they come from, and what makes them so different from any other cotton socks?
Tube socks get their name from their shape. Instead of having a heel, they are merely a simple tube shape stitched up on one end. This makes them easy to manufacture, comfortable, and appropriate for males and females.
Historians date the first appearance of tube socks back to around the 1800s, although many speculate they existed long before due to their simple structure.
Nowadays, most people associate the origin of the tube sock back to the ’60s and ’70s, along with the rise of multiple new sports. Tube socks allowed for easy production and were the first time athletes started to match their socks with their uniforms.
Most Comfortable Tube Sock Materials
Tube socks were initially made purely from cotton. Nowadays, one can find all sorts of tube socks and materials, but cotton has remained the go-to for many. The below materials will also make exceptional tube socks, especially when blended with cotton.
- Spandex – Spandex will add an extra degree of stretch to your tube socks, something the old-school ones didn’t have. This will ensure the sock fits you better without losing its shape.
- Nylon – Nylon is used primarily to reinforce the sock at the points it’s likely to wear first, such as the toes. It also lengthens the lifespan of the socks.
- Acrylic – Acrylic is the synthetic counterpart of wool and can hold colors a lot better than wool can. Having some acrylic in the blend will give your sock better moisture-wicking properties and keep your feet and calves fresher for longer.
Related Articles on Knee High Socks
- Cotton Knee High Socks
- Cat Knee High Socks
- Knee High Socks for Men
- Thick Knee High Socks
- Best Diabetic Over The Calf Socks
- Wide Calf Knee High Socks
- Knee High Tube Socks
Features of a Good Knee High Tube Socks
The best features of knee-high tube socks are:
- Non-Restrictive – Tube socks are usually non-restrictive, which means that they fit around your calves without blocking blood flow. Look for tube socks that do not contain an elastic band for the best results.
- Seamless – Seamless tube socks do not have a seam by the toes, making them entirely blister-proof and reducing the amount of friction on your feet.
- Cost-Effective – Tube socks are usually high-cost when compared to knee-high stockings. You may find them in different styles at a reasonable price.
- Bright – Initially designed to attract people’s attention on the playing field, tube socks come in a bright array of different colors. They also often have stripes, making it easy to match the socks with sports uniforms or make a retro fashion statement.
Reviews: Knee High Tube Sock
Scroll down and get ready to rock a pair of the best knee-high tube socks!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These knee-high retro skater socks will look like something out of the ’70s, especially if you intend to wear them while skating!
- Made from 86% acrylic, their bright, vibrant colors will last and keep your legs and feet feeling cozy year long.
- The tops of the socks are held up by a non-binding elastic and a rib-knit stitch design around the calves to allow for a secure fit.
- These are made like tube socks back in the day, having a tube shape versus a built-in heel.
- It comes with 11 different colors for you to have several options to choose from and sync them with your friends for special events or athletic endeavors.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
AM Landen® Women's Cotton Tube Socks Cute Knee High Cotton Tube Socks
- Choose from over 25 funky and vibrant colors of these adorable knee-high vintage tube socks.
- Ideal for cuddling up at home, wearing it to school, dressing up at events, or pulling off that retro skater look.
- Made from 70% cotton, some spandex, and some polyester fibers to reinforce the socks, these tube socks feel as soft as they look.
- These tube socks are not held up by an elastic band, only from a strip of soft spandSpandexcotton.
- Designed without a heel in the sock, these tube socks are comfortable, functional, and bound to fit most ladies’ foot sizes.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Tom & Mary® Women's Tube Socks Knee High Tube Socks
- If you are looking for an ordinary pair of tube socks for comfort more than anything else, then you have just found your match!
- These are made of 82% cotton with a little acrylic and spandSpandexive its extra softness, moisture-wicking capacity, and stretch.
- 10% nylon in these socks ensures they will last you far longer than an ordinary pair of socks.
- The socks measure up to 25 inches, making them knee-high for adults and thigh-high for kids.
- The no-heel design and multiple color options make them ideal for any use you have in mind.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Dazcos® Women's Old School Socks Reinforced Retro Knee High Tube Socks
- With their bright stripes and old-school basketball player design, these tube socks will bring you back to the 20th century.
- True to traditional tube socks, these are made without heels and go slightly over the knee.
- Consist of a durable and soft Polycotton and stretch blend.
- Choose from over 20 different color combinations to suit your tube sock needs.
Dream Field® Men's Cotton Tube Socks Pack of 5 Old School Skater Socks
- Here is a great pack of cost-effective retro skater socks designed without heels, as is decreed by tradition.
- Perfect for casual use or playing sports, the socks are made from very comfortable and breathable stretch cotton.
- All the pairs in the pack of 5 are white with red, black, blue, yellow, and green stripes.
- The variation of colors makes them easy to match with a sports uniform or events as required.
- These socks are steadfast and will not fall easily, making them useful for athletic activities.
Joulli® Unisex Triple Stripes Knee High Tube Sock
From July, we have a highly breathable and lightweight knee-high tube sock.
- It is made from Cotton, Nylon, and Elastane, which is lightweight and breathable.
- Tube sock with triple stripes that fit over the calf.
- Soft and comfortable against the skin.
- Excellent for many occasions.
NeoNation® Unisex Tube Knee High Tube Socks
The NeoNation Tube sock is a one-of-a-kind treasure available in various sizes and fits.
- Many different white bases and neon-colored stripe options.
- Perfect fit, not too thick or thin.
- Comfort-Fit Stretch design that is highly elastic.
- Lightweight and very breathable materials are used.
Angelina® Unisex Referee Neon CoolredTtube Socks
Neno Colored knee-high Tube Socks from Angelina, the Referee, are available in any bright neon color imaginable.
- Highly flexible design and materials that are quite durable and long-lasting.
- It is made from breathable and lightweight fabrics.
- Acrylic and spandSpandexused to manufacture these socks.
- Easily machine washable and can be tumble dried at low heat.
DreamField® Men's Classic Knee High Tube Socks
- Cotton and polyester Knee High Tube Socks.
- Three-striped pattern designs are available in different colored stripe options in a white sock.
- It comes in a four-pair pack set.
- Cotton is comfortable and breathable, and very lightweight.
Zando® Women's Casual Knee High Tube Socks with Stripes
- Comfortable and soft high-cotton socks are available in a few neutral color selections.
- A classic style that is ideal for all occasions and outfits.
- Breathable and soft and against the skin.
JuDanzy® Kids's Coolrful Knee High Tube Socks for Kids
- Colorful and fun printed knee-high tube socks for all occasions.
- Available in many colors, patterns, and prints to choose from.
- It is made with 100% cotton and polyester with spandSpandexelasticity.
- Ideal for everyday wear, soft and breathable.
Satinior® Unisex Triple Stripes Knee High Tube Socks
The Senior is a triple-striped knee-high tube sock made from pure cotton.
- These socks are super comfortable and stretchy.
- The white-colored socks come with three stripes in all color options.
- The socks comprise cotton and elastic materials that are light and breathable.
- The fit is comfortable and non-binding.
VWU® Unisex Athletic Knee High Tube Socks
From VWU, we have a range of knee-high tube sock designs that you can select from in all color options.
- The Knee High Socks comprise combed cotton, polyester, and SpandSpandex is super soft and plush.
- There are many color options from which you can select.
- The over-the-knee design looks fashionable and worn comfortably.
- The elastic fabric design easily stretches for a perfect fit.
Neon Nation® Unisex Team Tube Knee High Tube Socks
From Neon Nation, we also have some lovely color options in tube socks.
- The sock is designed in white color with contrasting neon-colored stripes from which you can choose.
- The medium thickness is perfect for cooler conditions providing some warmth.
- The design is comfortable and still breathable.
- You can also select from a range of sizes.