Finding the right pair of men’s knee-high socks can be a challenging task, especially when going about it online.
That’s why this buyer’s guide is here to aid you in your search and make it much easier! Read further for more on the best knee-high sock materials, buying precautions, and some of the best features of knee-high socks for men.
Best Knee High Sock Fibers and Materials
The five below fabric fibers are the most comfortable and practical for every type of sock on the market.
- Merino Wool – Merino wool is finer than ordinary wool, and in a sock, you can honestly feel the difference! Merino wool is highly absorbent, as well as quick-drying, allowing your feet to keep dry. Merino wool is also naturally breathable and will do an excellent job of regulating your temperature, keeping your feet perfectly.
- Cotton – Cotton has been used for many decades for its softness, comfort and ease of use. Cotton socks are still today one of the most popular choices around the globe for all the same reasons. This fiber is also naturally breathable like wool and tends to encourage less perspiration. However, cotton is not as quick-drying as wool or olefin.
- Spandex – Spandex (also known as lycra) will give your socks a convenient stretch, allowing them to accommodate your feet, ankles and calves more easily. Most socks nowadays have at least 1-3% spandex as a part of their construction.
- Nylon – Nylon is often used to created sturdier parts of the sock, such as mesh ventilation or underfoot supportive padding. Nylon also increases the lifespan of a sock.
- Olefin – Olefin is the main fiber used in waterproof outdoor gear, such as camping chairs or swimwear. Olefin dries very fast and is one of the most absorbent materials to-date. Having olefin in your socks will allow them to dry off very quickly, keeping your feet dry and feeling fresh.
Men’s Knee High Sock Buying Precautions
People enjoy buying socks and other items online because it’s often a lot cheaper than going to the store. By skipping the middle man, you can save quite decently over time. However, there are a few precautions you should consider first:
- Manufacturers – Make sure you are buying from a tried and trusted manufacturer. Reviews help immensely in this department! It pays to read what others have said about the product you are considering to purchase. Be careful of products with very few reviews said about them, as some manufacturers can pay writers to falsify reviews. Socks that have tens of views or more with good ratings are likely to please the majority, within reason (you would not purchase a sock that’s two sizes smaller than your own, just because somebody else like it!)
- Acrylic or Polyester – Both acrylic and polyester fibers are used to lessen the cost of socks on the market, but they each tend to either shrink or fall to pieces in the wash. Make sure your socks are not only made of these materials to avoid minimal durability. If you can’t afford better socks, try to opt for buying a six-pack or more to compensate.
- Medical Foot Conditions – If you have a medical foot condition, you may way specialized knee-high socks that provide pain alleviation related to your condition. Talk to your local physician on what type of socks you should purchase before you get a pair of heavy-duty orthotic pain relief socks, as the result could be more painful instead!
Features of a Good Knee High Socks for Men
Here are some of the best features of knee-high socks for men that will maximize your comfort throughout the day and night!
- Compression – Some knee-high socks offer fantastic medical-grade compression for those who need enhanced blood flow in their feet and legs. Mild compression socks can help you move through your day with enhanced energy levels, and they can make your feet feel great by alleviating pain and fatigue.
- Seamless Socks – Seamless socks are the best for those who suffer from blistering inside their shoes. The seam of the sock is one of the number causes of blisters, aside from excessive perspiration. A seamless sock does not have a seam and therefore effectively removes this problem.
- Non-Binding – Many people get their circulation cut off due to a binding elastic band at the top of their socks. Non-binding socks are knitted in a specialized way, often with the use of spandex, to create a non-binding sock that stays up.
- Breathability – If your sock is not breathable enough, it will encourage your feet to sweat, prune and possibly blister. Sock technologists are continuously bringing out socks that wick moisture away more effectively with each passing year, and the very best ones still work off of the simple concept of enhancing skin breathability.
- Padding – Socks these days often come with padding on the underside of the sock for optimal comfort. The padding is not ultra-thick usually, but just thin enough to make a difference. Sock padding promotes comfort and also gives minimal arch support, warding off foot fatigue.
Reviews: Knee High Men’s Sock
Here below we have reviewed some of the best knee high socks for men, selected for all occasions.
- Knee-high Pima cotton socks available in a few color selections to choose from.
- It also comes in sets of three pairs in similar or mixed color selections.
- Premium quality Vertical rib-knit design with long-staple Pima cotton fibers that are luxuriously soft and durable.
- The toe and heel are reinforced for even more long-lasting durability.
- It is designed with 3% spandex, which keeps the socks up and prevents slipping and bunching.
- Made in the USA from the finest quality cotton in the world.
- These knee-high wool socks are made with a unique blend of fibers, including 65% Merino Wool for the finest, softest pair of socks.
- 32% Nylon adds a reinforced cushioned sole for great foot support and mild pressure alleviation.
- The top of the socks is nonbinding, staying up without causing deep marks, and contributing to promoting healthy blood flow.
- These socks are excellent at moisture-wicking, keeping your legs, ankles, and feet feeling fresh all day (or night) long!
- Merino wool provides excellent temperature regulation, leaving your feet pleasantly cool in warm weather and warm in colder weather.
- These 52% cotton knee high socks are made using a quality blend of breathable fibers, designed for superior comfort.
- The reinforced heel and toe will keep your feet feeling pampered, whether you’re at work, at home, or a formal event.
- The fibers have been enhanced with antibacterial technology, which reduces the risk of blisters, profuse sweating, and infections (such as Athlete’s Foot).
- These knee-high cotton socks include ‘Fresh IQ’ odor eliminating protection to prevent your feet from smelling bad at the end of a long day.
- Hanes has designed these socks with a smooth toe seam in mind to improve comfort and decrease the chance of blistering.
- Available in a pack of 6.
- These sophisticated synthetic cotton alternative socks have been designed to include graduated medical compression for ultimate pressure alleviation.
- The Coolmax fiber technology that primarily makes up the knee-high sock is soft and wicks away moisture fast, leaving any feet free from perspiration.
- These socks are thicker than your average nylon/spandex blended socks, making them excellent at temperature regulation.
- 10% spandex ensures a comfortable fit for most calves, ankles, and foot sizes – no need to worry about the sock that cuts off circulation again!
- Perfect for travelers, diabetics, businessmen, athletes, nurses, doctors, and more.
- These socks are suitable for all occasions, whether casual or formal.
- Fruit of the Loom is a brand that specializes in bringing you cost-effective quality socks that pamper your feet.
- These socks are a blend of polyester, spandex and other fibers that enhance their durability, softness and wear & tear resistance.
- The reinforced toe helps for walking stability, added comfort, as well as warding off ripping or tearing.
- These socks are cushioned underfoot so that your feet don’t get too tired out during the day.
- Ideal for those who need durable and affordable socks for working in that doesn’t cause excessive perspiration.
- These knee-high socks for men are odor resistant, eliminating any pungent smells from your shoes or socks while you wear them.
- Comes in a pack of 6.
- These knee high graduated compression socks are great from those who suffer from aching feet, varicose veins or swellings in the ankle and legs.
- Enhance your performance with these compression socks, which are guaranteed to promote better blood circulation and higher energy levels!
- The seamless design aids blister prevention, making them perfect for diabetics or those with sensitive skin.
- The antibacterial material helps to fend off foot infections, such as Athlete’s Foot.
- Made from a quick-drying blend of materials, the moisture will wick away from your feet in seconds, keeping them consistently dry and happy.
- Includes a free eBook on compression socks with more information.
A comfortable cotton sock in a knee-high length for gents.
- Available in either black or white color options.
- It is made from durable and comfortable cotton and polyester with Lycra spandex that is thin and flexible.
- A pull-on closure system.
- Extra reinforcements in all the high impact areas such as the toe and heels.
- A great option as a sock for work and heavy-duty wear.
From FuelmeFoot, we have the copper-infused compression knee high socks for men.
- Infused with copper, which improves blood circulation and keeps you fresh all day.
- Mild compression to alleviate pain and pressure.
- Reduces injuries and stimulates cells and blood flow.
- It is made with unique moisture and temperature controlling materials.
A Knee High sock for wearing with your Western Styled boots from Wrangler.
- Made from soft and comfortable Polyester and Stretchy Spandex.
- Moisture-wicking and smooth against the skin.
- Offers good Arch Support and cushioning under the foot.
- Stay up design that will not slip down the legs.
Comparison Table: Best Knee High Socks for Men
Table of Contents
- Best Knee High Sock Fibers and Materials
- Men’s Knee High Sock Buying Precautions
- Features of a Good Knee High Socks for Men
- Reviews: Knee High Men’s Sock
- BoardroomSocks® Men's Knee High Socks Knee High Pima Cotton Socks for Men
- Sox Shop® Men's Knee High Socks Knee High Merino Wool Socks for Men
- Hanes® Men's Over The Knee Ultra Fresh Men’s Cotton Knee High Socks
- Ames Walker® Unisex Knee High Socks Comfort Stretch Knee High Compression Socks
- Fruit of the Loom® Men's Knee High Socks Cost-Effective Knee High Socks for Men
- Physix Gear Sport® Unisex Compression Socks Knee High Graduated Compression Socks
- Fruit Of The Loom® Men's Work Gear Knee High Cotton Socks
- FuelMeFoot® Men's Copper Compression Knee High Socks
- Wrangler® Men's Western Knee High Socks for Western Boots
- Comparison Table: Best Knee High Socks for Men