At Authority Socks, we take our product testing and rating seriously.
We put each product through its paces so that you can make an informed decision before making your purchase.
But how do we test and rate products? Let’s take a closer look.
A Little Bit About Us
It’s a little-known fact that not all socks are created equal.
Some have toes, some have heels, and others might even have stripes or polka dots.
We at Authority Socks believe in giving you the best of the best when it comes to fashion and comfort – we review socks from top brands and even those who are new in the market but have efficient products.
You can read more about us or just keep reading here to know more about how we accomplish this.
The Review Process: How We Shortlist the Products
The process of shortlisting socks and related products is a challenging task. There are so many choices, brands, styles, prices that it can be overwhelming to find the right one.
But, we’ve done the hard work for you!
Our experts take the time to research the best suppliers, find any potential issues with quality or price and then hand-pick what we think are the highest quality items available at that time. They will help guide your purchase as you decide on which socks are right for you!
Here’s a sneak peek of the process the products have to go through in order to get a spot in our lists of best ones.
- Tried and Tested: We get the products, we try them on, we test them in suitable environments, and we share the results with you. Sometimes, we get the products for free from the sellers or brands, and sometimes we purchase them to check if they stand true to their claims.
- Window Shopping: We also go to stores and check out the fabric and feel of the socks to observe and compare what they claim to deliver without actually buying them.
- Third-Party Reviews: Sometimes, the brand owners share the products with third-party reviewers who can test the products in much better environments, like testing hiking socks by going on a real hike or pregnant women testing out maternity socks. This simply helps us to test products to their limits.
- Online Digging: Whenever we are unable to get the products in our hands, we dig through the internet, from the brand websites to e-commerce stores and even online reviewing platforms, to fetch genuine reviews from real people to bring you the most honest feedback of the products.
Moreover, all general information, including feet-related advice and precautions, is thoroughly sourced from credible websites and certified practitioners.
Socks Features that We Test
All products that appear in our lists go through the scrutinization of a strict process.
- Seamless Construction – We tested the quality and strength of the seamless construction.
- Padding – We measured the thickness of the padding on the socks.
- Loose Fit – We ensured that the socks are not too tight on your feet.
- Breathability – We checked if the fabric of the sock is breathable or whether it causes any sweating.
- Lightweight – We observed if the socks feel light on the feet or cause any foot fatigue.
- Moisture Wicking – We observed how dry or sweaty the socks left our feet after continuously wearing them for 12 hours.
- Quality – We tested the fabric’s comfort level and sock design to check the overall quality.
- Anti-Fatigue – We took note of the level of tiredness our feet felt with the different socks we tested.
- Reduce Blister – We observed whether the socks had any positive or negative impact on foot blisters.
- Anti-Bacterial – We analyzed how effectively the socks work to fight or resist bacteria.
- Stretchable – We test the fabric’s stretchability by hand stretching and putting them on.
- Anti-Odor – We noticed if the socks produced any odor after wearing them for long.
- Silicon Grip – We noted the strength of these socks’ Silicon grips by walking on slippery floors.
- Durability – We researched how long users are able to use these socks without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Thickness – We took note of the thickness of the fabric of all socks.
- Cushioning – We compared the cushioning provided by the socks.
- Quick-Drying – We observed how quickly the socks dry after getting wet.
- Reduce Swelling – We researched how effectively the socks reduce swelling on the feet.
- Diabetic Friendly – We checked if the socks are safe and beneficial for people with Diabetes.
- Soft Fabric – We compared the level of softness of different pairs of socks.
- Non-Binding – We assessed how the socks blend distributing its tightness around the leg.
- Arch Support – We checked how good the socks provide support for the arch of the foot.
- Hypoallergenic – We observed how the socks are likely to trigger an allergic reaction.
- Temperature Regulation – We researched how the socks increase blood flow to the feet and how much heat is lost through the skin.
- Boost Circulation – We analyzed how effectively these socks promote improved blood flow in the legs.
- Reduce Cramps – We observed how the socks help maintain blood flow to the feet and keep the muscle warm, preventing muscle cramps.
- Dual Layer – We checked if the fabric is double-layered, which can prevent blisters by reducing friction and wicking away moisture.
- Non-Slip – We assessed how the socks could prevent the feet from slipping on smooth surfaces.
- Snug-Fit – We checked how the socks were comfortable and perfectly fit the feet.
- Style – We analyzed the style of the socks to see if it is comfortable to wear.
- Eliminates Friction – We checked the socks’ quality on how it can reduce friction to avoid blisters.
- Price – We checked the socks’ affordability having good quality.
- Compression – We assessed how the socks effectively maintain blood flow to the feet, reduce discomfort and swelling.
- Calves Support – We tested how well the socks hug and support the calves of the leg.
- Versatility – We tested the socks’ versatility to be used in different activities.
- Quality – We analyzed how the quality of socks should feel smooth and soft against the feet.
- Handcrafting – We checked how the socks were delicately made.
- Easy Pull-Up – We tested how easy the socks can pull up in the feet without trying hard.
- Antimicrobial – We analyzed how successfully the socks work to resist microbes.
- Reduce Pain – We checked how extremely effective the socks are at solving an extent of foot problems, including plantar fasciitis.
Why Should You Trust Us?
We provide the most honest reviews
We bring you the best products in the market
We share information that’s true to the best of our knowledge
At Authority Socks, we try and test all kinds of brands and types of socks to confidently say that we know which ones are worth your time (and money).
Trust us – when it comes to finding the best socks out there, we know what we’re talking about! Whether you’re looking for crew socks, dress socks, or running socks, we’ve got you covered.