Having a pair of extra-long thigh high socks makes a perfect addition to any woman’s wardrobe. Whether needed for medical purposes or a confidence boost, they tend to make your shape look great!
Find out more below on different kinds of thigh-high socks, how different sock fibers will add benefits to the sock, as well as some fabulous fashion tips on how to dress in thigh-high socks.
Different Types of Thigh High Socks
Here we will look at a few of the most popular thigh high socks and why.
- Toeless Thigh High Socks – Toeless thigh high socks are great for people who need extra wiggle room in their shoes. Many toeless socks can be worn with sandals in the Summertime for those who want to make their legs look more shapely. Another hidden benefit to toeless socks is mild compression, which will alleviate pressure in the forefoot and aid a foot pain ball.
- Gymnast Thigh High Socks – Sheer that doesn’t crumble or fold will give your legs the appearance of a gymnast, especially if you wear a pair of shorts with them. These socks can be worn in most environments, from formal to casual, and will often give you a classy appearance. Be careful not to wear them with extremely short dresses or skirts, however, or you may begin to overdo it and look a little bit trashy (the socks themselves are suggestive by nature and speak for themselves!).
- Baggy Thigh High Socks – The best part is that they can be bagged up or folded down over your legs or boots. This means that you can wear them as knee-high socks if you want to or bag them up when it gets cold or pull them out the full length to wear them as gymnast socks described above.
- Thigh High Compression Socks – Thigh high compression socks are medically designed to slightly constrict around your legs, forcing the blood to move via microcirculation channels. This improves blood flow and increases heart rate, helping those with blood flow problems, fatigue, and more. Those who stand on their feet all day or who do not move around enough will benefit from wearing these thigh high socks. Consult with your medical practitioner first if you feel you could use a pair of these.
Fibers that Makes a Good Thigh High Socks
The below fibers are some of the best materials regarding comfort and socks’ durability.
- Nylon – Nylon improves the durability of your socks and allows them to go through many more washes than usual. This fiber will also reinforce the socks, hold them up better on your legs, and often add some comfortable padding underneath the socks’ sole.
- Wool/Acrylic – Wool is one of the best natural fibers for making socks and has been used for thousands of years in apparel items. Wool is naturally breathable, regulating temperature well, and even has antimicrobial properties. Acrylic is a synthetic alternative to wool, embodying many of the same characteristics.
- Spandex – Spandex is used to give your socks that stretch factor. The more spandex in the sock, the more likely it will fit you! Spandex makes a sock very comfortable, and it also makes the sock more durable by allowing it to handle being stretched out better.
- Cotton/Polyester – Cotton is perhaps the most popular choice of socks to date. Cotton is breathable, soft, and comfortable, adding a timeless sheer appeal to socks. Polyester is a synthetic alternative to cotton and is often more durable and cost-effective than cotton.
Ladies Fashion Tips for Wearing
Sometimes wearing thigh high socks can seem difficult, but if you take the three tips below into consideration, you’ll find that it’s not that hard to make any outfit look amazing!
- Elongation – Remember that thigh high socks will make your legs look longer, a lot longer! As a carpenter will say, it’s much easier to “work with the grain of the wood.” The same logic applies here. If you wear an outfit that accentuates the elongation the socks will provide you with, it will go down better. Horizontal stripes will make your shape look wider, whereas vertical stripes will elongate your shape.
- Working With Your Curves – Some ladies are curvier than others, and some have hardly any curves to work with at all. Whatever your body shape, you have to work with it to pull off these socks! Wearing thigh-high socks tend to make your legs look longer and skinnier than they are. Experiment with different top pieces to see how you can use this to your advantage to compliment your shape.
- Looking in Layers – One of the most successful ways to dress up thigh high socks is to dissect your outfit in different layers. The socks themselves will break your legs up into one layer of the outfit, and that leaves you with two options: wearing a solid top piece (such as a dress) or dividing the top piece in two (shorts and a top). Keeping the layers in your design even will produce the best results. For example, if you are wearing your thigh high socks halfway up your thighs, you may want to wear a medium length waist-high skirt so that the line breaks in your design move in a flowing progression.
Reviews: Extra Long Thigh High Sock
Here are some of the cutest ladies thigh high socks that will bring life and flavor to your wardrobe!
- These sheer thigh high socks are made from 92% pure cotton and 8% spandex, making them breathable, comfortable and stretchy.
- Pick from a variety of 12 colors and add vintage class to your wardrobe by elongating your legs.
- Order the extra-large size to have these socks as extra-long, allowing you to bunch them up or fold them over your boots.
- These socks’ soft feel will keep your legs warm and cozy in Autumn and Spring.
- These socks are durable and will last many washes in the washing machine.
- If you suffer from swelling, blood pooling in your feet, varicose veins, or diabetes, then these are the super long thigh high socks for you!
- These socks include 20-30mmHg of graduated compression, alleviating pressure points along the leg while improving blood circulation.
- Give yourself an energy boost with these extra long socks as they increase your heart rate and improve performance.
- The open toe design compresses the feet, alleviating the foot’s ball and forefoot pains.
- Ideal for aiding nurses, doctors, or those in the hospitality industry to cope with long hours and shifts.
- These socks come at a whopping 39 inches long and are perfect for dressing up any women’s wardrobe!
- Made from bulky breathable acrylic and ideal for cold weather, these socks will regulate your legs’ temperature and keep them perfect.
- Wear them super high up on your legs instead of stockings, bunch them up or double them over for different fashionable effects.
- These thigh high socks are moisture-wicking, keeping your legs dry and fresh throughout the day.
- Highly durable, the socks will last through multiple washes and are constructed with 20% nylon.
- Here is a pair of super long women’s thigh high socks made especially for gymnasts and professional dancers who want to look stylish.
- Made from 100% acrylic, these socks are soft and warm, imbibing wool’s best qualities.
- The toeless and no heel construction allow ballerinas to wear their shoes under these socks or for dancers to keep them up while doing their routines.
- These socks make up 48 inches, long enough to accommodate most leg lengths with extra room.
- Choose from five fantastic colors that work well with most dancer outfits or spruce up your wardrobe with a ballerina appeal.
- These stylish cable knit socks will add a vintage flair to your Winter wardrobe, accompanied by cute ‘pom-pom’ tassels that dangle off the side.
- Compliment your winter boots or wear them to stay warm; these long socks will look fabulous either way!
- The top of these is elastic-free and non-binding, allowing you to wear it all day without getting marks or falling.
- It is made from super soft acrylic fibers that have been crafted in a classic cable knit style to vamp up any outfit.
- These socks are not machine washable and should be washed in lukewarm water to keep them in the best condition.
From Kayhoma, we have the soft and comfortable Thigh High Cotton and Nylon stretchable socks.
- Available in a Grey, White, and Black color option to choose from.
- Soft and thick design for maximum comfort.
- Very durable design.
- Made from Cotton, Nylon and spandex.
A Premium Thigh High Sock from Azure with a Non-Slip Design.
- Non-Slip construction that will stay up and in place.
- It comes in various colors and combos.
- Stretchable and durable materials.
- Comfortable enough for all-day wear.
The Leg Avenue Opaque Stockings are thigh high and gorgeous for wearing under a dress.
- Made from 100% Spandex.
- Easily hand washable and quick drying.
- Available in many color variations of red, black, and white with decorative bow detail at the top.
- An Extra long and cozy thigh-high coral fleece and polyester warm sock.
- High elastic with cartoon details at the top and available in different color and pattern selections.
- Very plush and warm and makes for the ideal gift.
- Machine washable and quick drying.
- Extra-long thigh-high colorful socks with printed stripe and color availability.
- It is made of cotton and polyester.
- Breathable warm, and cozy docks.
- The ideal sock to wear with boots.
- Extra-long black thigh high socks.
- It is constructed from cotton and stretchy yarn for all-natural comfort and durability.
- Breathable and lightweight cotton knit.
- Wear them in different ways, and ideal for wearing with boots.
- One size fits most option.
We have an extra-long thigh-high athletic striped sock for men and women from Leg Avenue.
- Nylon and spandex are used to construct the socks, which are lightweight and stretchable.
- The socks can be hand washed and dry quickly.
- You can choose from a few color options available.
- The sock has a soft and comfortable fit with quality materials.
The Hanes Thigh High Sock comes in larger sizes and widths with a better Calf fit.
- The sock consists of f durable Nylon and flexible Spandex.
- Th fit is more yielding and comfortable.
- There are larger size and calf size options available, as this is a plus-size design.
- The sock also features Run resistant technology.
The Muk Luks Cable knit thigh high sock is ideal for cold winter weather.
- These socks consist of 100% soft and fluffy Acrylic wool.
- The Knit design provides extra warmth and comfort.
- You can choose between three neutral color selections in the Muk Luks Cable Knit Sock.
- The Thigh High Fit is ideal for wearing under Boots.
Index Table: Top-Rated Long Thigh High Socks
Table of Contents
- Different Types of Thigh High Socks
- Fibers that Makes a Good Thigh High Socks
- Ladies Fashion Tips for Wearing
- Reviews: Extra Long Thigh High Sock
- AM Landen® Women's Thigh High Socks Extra Long Cotton Thigh High Socks
- TOFLY® Women's Compression Socks Extra Long Thigh High Compression Socks
- Foot Traffic® Women's Long Socks Super Long Cable Knit Toeless Socks
- Body Wrappers® Women's Leg Warmers Extra Long Toeless Sock Leg Warmers
- Nanxson® Women's Winter Long Socks Very Long Warm Winter Knit Socks
- Kayhoma® Women's Extra Long Cotton Thigh High Socks
- Azue® Women's Non-Slip Thigh High Socks
- Leg Avenue® Women's Opague Thigh High Stockings
- Wander G® Unisex Fuzzy Thigh High Extra Long Socks
- TeeHeeSocks® Unisex Cotton Extra Long Thigh High
- Moon Wood® Women's Extra Long Thigh High Socks
- Leg Avenue® Unisex Thletic Three Stripe Thigh High Socks
- Hanes® Unisex Sheer Thigh High Plus Size Socks
- MUK LUKS® Unisex Cable Knit Thigh High Acrylic Wool Socks
- Index Table: Top-Rated Long Thigh High Socks