Whether you or your relative has diabetes type 1 or 2, you will want to know why it’s crucial to source the right socks for diabetes to avoid unfavorable complications.
Read further below to find out more about diabetic dress socks, their best features, and where you can find some of the best diabetic socks available online.
Why Do Diabetics Need Diabetic Socks?
Diabetes is quite a complicated condition and can express in a multitude of ways depending on one’s biology. Diabetics all have a few symptoms in common; however, that diabetic socks aim to help alleviate. The three most important reasons diabetics wear diabetic socks are as follows:
- Excess Pressure Build-up – diabetics need specialized socks to prevent pressure build-up or blood flow restriction in the leg and foot. Diabetics usually have estranged blood circulation due to fluctuations in blood pressure and problems with nerve endings in some cases. Having a blocked blood flow can lead to losing limbs and other complications which are not favorable, such as not registering when your foot knocks something accidentally.
- Blisters – diabetic socks will ensure that the feet do not get blisters, which can be a problem especially for overweight diabetics.
- Moisture – Diabetics tend to sweat a lot and have a need to control excessive moisture in their feet. Diabetic socks make sure that the feet are kept as dry as possible at all times.
Materials Diabetics Socks Are Made From
Diabetic socks are usually made up of a few different fiber blends to achieve maximum comfort, foot support, moisture-wicking, and more! Here is a short breakdown of various material fibers that are used to create diabetic socks and what they do to enhance the sock.
- Nylon – Nylon adds extra stability to a sock and allows for padding and a little bit of support to occur in the foot.
- Lycra/Spandex – also known as elastane, this is a fiber that adds a lot of stretch to fabrics, allowing for the diabetic sock to be non-restrictive and comfortable.
- Olefin – olefin is a brilliant water or moisture-wicking fiber that will keep your feet dry. This is the main ingredient in quick-drying swimwear.
- Merino Wool – Merino wool is the most superior quality wool money can buy and is often used to soften up diabetic socks, but also to make them more padded, thicker, warmer and more breathable.
- Bamboo – Bamboo is a natural fiber that has antimicrobial properties, making sure your feet stay free from fungus or infections.
- Charcoal – purified charcoal has been used for centuries to keep things clean, and now technology even found a way to plant it into our socks to make them keep our feet fresher and cleaner! Charcoal makes socks antimicrobial too.
- Acrylic – Acrylic softens up the sock and can be blended to soften up any wool in the mix.
- Pure Cotton – Cotton is a naturally breathable fiber in materials and will add softness and breathability to fabrics combined with it.
Features of a Good Diabetic Sock
These are diabetic sock features that you do not want to be caught without!
- Padding & Foot Support – diabetic socks with foot padding and arch support are great for a diabetic’s feet, which often can not feel properly or walks out of alignment due to inflammation.
- No Tight Binding – Diabetic socks should fit wonderfully tight but not be constrictive whatsoever. Socks with larger amounts of spandex in them usually do this quite nicely.
- Seamless Socks – a sock with a seam will only rub against your feet and toes, increasing the chance of incurring blisters! Seamless socks are made in a different way and do not present your foot with a seam of any kind, reducing all friction inside your shoes.
- Multiple Layers – multiple layers of fabric allow the sock to relay moisture from the inner layer to the outer layer, eliminating moisture completely. This is essential for diabetic socks to prevent pruning skin or infections.
- Open Mesh Top Layer – an open-top layer allows more breathability and prevents heat building up inside the sock. This will help to keep your feet feeling fresh and dry, especially if you get hot more than cold regularly.
Reviews: Best Diabetic Dress Socks
Here below is our quality selection of diabetic socks, making it easier for you to decide on what you want to buy.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These men’s diabetic socks are a fantastic addition to any diabetic’s wardrobe, pairing especially well with leather dress shoes.
- 80% Cotton with spandex and polyester make this sock an amazing stretch fit that supports the arches of the feet while keeping them feeling pampered all day long!
- Never worry about receiving blisters in these reduced friction socks.
- This pair of socks is antibacterial and antifungal, keeping your feet at a constant temperature without restricting your blood flow.
- This product can be conveniently washed in the washing machine.
- This medium length dress sock is ideal for ladies who need a little bit of foot pampering.
- A stretch knit cotton blend covers the foot snugly, keeping it warm and providing a little bit of arch support.
- You can lose your fear of blisters while in these socks as they are entirely seamless and work to reduce friction on your feet.
- These socks will also keep your feet dry as cotton is a highly breathable substance.
- This product has ventilations around the ankles, further helping moisture to wick away
- This pair of socks can be used in the washing machine.
- Available in three different colors and a pack of three.
- This is one of the softest dress socks you will find on the market being made from 60% merino wool.
- Keep your feet warm throughout the winter and at a constant temperature during summer with these dress socks.
- The merino wool is excellent at wicking away moisture and keeping your feet nice and dry, no matter what the season.
- These socks hold no elastic bands or materials that can restrict circulation, being ideal for diabetics.
- Keep your toes safe without any seams in this sock.
- Available as a three-quarter length sock.
- These socks are a superior choice for those who suffer from diabetes, offering foot support and more.
- Bamboo fibers help to make this sock antimicrobial, meaning that the risk of contracting a fungal infection is significantly reduced wearing these socks.
- Diabetics will love how these socks support the arches of the feet without restricting them.
- Completely environmentally friendly and free from any toxic additives or chemicals.
- These socks were designed with a meshed top layer for extra ventilation and moisture-wicking.
- Bamboo is a naturally moisture-wicking fiber, allowing these socks to be thermo-regulating.
- Enjoy smell-free feet in these snazzy odors resistant diabetic dress socks!
- These diabetic-friendly dress socks are made with a luxurious 87% cotton blend to give your feet a soft feel all day long.
- Doctors have approved of these socks for skinny diabetics and pre-diabetics who are in need of them.
- The ankles of the sock have a mild compression, which may make them unsuitable for obese diabetics.
- Cotton is naturally hypoallergenic and wicks moisture away from the feet, keeping them dry and at a constant temperature.
- Enjoy having blister-less feet in these seamless socks.
- Appropriate for shoes size 7 to 11.
- Great for swelling and wider width feet and legs.
- Super stretchable and non-binding.
- Comes in different color and size options.
- Made with blended cotton, nylon, and spandex.
- Non-binding top design that conforms to your feet and legs.
- Moisture-wicking materials that absorb sweat and odor.
- Seamless comfort construction.
- It is made with combed cotton, nylon, and spandex.
- Few color options are avialble.
- Made with cotton, polyamide, and elastane.
- Non-Binding design for men and women.
- It is recommended for circulatory issues, swelling, and pain.
- A unique loos and a flexible design that is comfortable and adaptable.
- A polyester and Spandex stretchy compression type sock that is ideal for diabetes.
- Machine washable design and pull on closure.
- Free Flow moisture-managing technology to keep your feet dry.
- Non-Binding and flexible fit with cushioning under the feet.
- A cotton and polyester sock that is comfortable and flexible.
- Machine washable and quick-drying, as well as available in many colors and prints.
- honeycomb top design that molds to the natural contours of your legs.
- Non-Binding and offers excellent comfort and moisture control with the Soft Touch Cotton design.
- A cotton and polyester blended sock that is soft and comfortable with a non-Binding stay up design.
- Machine washable and fast today.
- Ideal weight for wearing with dress shoes.
- Excellent quality and fit.
Comparison Table: Top Diabetic Dress Socks
Table of Contents
- Why Do Diabetics Need Diabetic Socks?
- Materials Diabetics Socks Are Made From
- Features of a Good Diabetic Sock
- Reviews: Best Diabetic Dress Socks
- Truform® Men's Diabetic Dress Socks Non-Binding Cotton Dress Socks
- Classic Accessories® Women's Diabetic Socks Pure Cotton Slim Fit Dress Socks
- Sox Shop® Unisex Merino Wool Dress Socks The Softest Wool Diabetic Dress Socks
- Ecosox® Unisex Bamboo Diabetic Socks Eco-Friendly Dress Socks for Diabetics
- 7dayOtter® Unisex Cotton Dress Socks Soft Cotton Diabetic-friendly Dress Socks
- Extra-Wide Sock Company® Unisex Wide Width Wider Diabetes Dress Sock
- Silky Toes® Unisex Diabetes Sock Dress Sock for Diabetes
- Rainbow Socks® Unisex Diabetic Diabetic Dress Socks
- Dr. Scholl’s® Men's 4 Pack Diabetic Dress Socks
- IOMI® Men's Thin Diabetic Dress Socks
- Dockers® Unisex Non-Binding Diabetic Dress Socks
- Comparison Table: Top Diabetic Dress Socks