If your feet ache on a constant basis, it’s entirely possible that you are suffering from plantar fasciitis. Fortunately for you, you’ve landed on the right page that can help you with the best compression socks for plantar fasciitis! Read further for info on causes and symptoms, what types of compression socks can help you with this condition and what features of compression socks will feel the best for fatigued feet.
Index Table: Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
|1||Physix Gear Sport Unisex Ankle Compression Socks - Toeless Compression Socks for Plantar Faciitis||Physix Gear Sport||98|
|2||Treat My Feet Unisex Superior Support Socks - Plantar Fascia Support Compression Socks||Treat My Feet||97|
|3||BeVisible Sports Unisex Compression Socks - Ankle Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis||BeVisible Sports||95|
|4||CompressionZ Unisex High Ankle Compression Socks - Graduated Compression Socks for Foot Pain||CompressionZ||97|
|5||RiptGear Unisex Plantar Fascia Support Socks - Non-Restrictive Pressure Relief Compression Socks||RiptGear||94|
Causes & Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
What is plantar fasciitis? It is described as a swelling of the arches in the feet that is usually the result of a tear in the ligament that runs from the heel to the forefoot (the plantar fascia). Plantar fasciitis can be caused by any of the following:
- Foot Strain – Those who work jobs where they are on their feet 24/7 tend to put a lot of pressure on their feet. This can result in plantar fasciitis over time, particularly if your shoes do not offer the right support.
- Injury – Those who work in the construction industry or who are athletically inclined can incur foot injuries fairly easily if they’re not careful. Sports injuries commonly cause plantar fasciitis.
- Infection – Sometimes one can get an infection in the bottom of the feet, which can create excess swelling and stiffness. If you walk on this too much, it can lead to plantar fasciitis (and more often than not does).
Plantar fasciitis is not a silent condition that will go unnoticed. The symptoms are obvious and rather painful! If you have any of the following symptoms, it’s likely you are suffering from plantar fasciitis:
- Swelling or Inflammation – If the bottom of your feet are swollen, anywhere from the heel to just before the forefoot, it is an indication of plantar fasciitis.
- Aching or Burning Feet – If your feet are very sore to the point walking is made uncomfortable, there is a good chance you have plantar fasciitis.
- Tightness and Stiffness – If flexing your feet is painful or they feel stiff in combination with any of the other symptoms, then you likely have this condition.
Compression socks are useful in combating the short term effects of plantar fasciitis, helping the condition from worsening and allowing you to walk more freely on your feet while in recovery.
Different Types of Compression Socks
Compression socks can be divided into two categories, depending on the type of compression they offer, as well as the shape of the sock.
These are compression sock types divided by levels of compression:
- Low Compression – These are compression socks that provide a compression of 10 mmHg or less. Ideal for those who would like to prevent plantar fasciitis by offering mild compression support.
- Medium Compression – Medium compression socks sit in the range of 10-20 mmHg and are perfect for those with mild plantar fasciitis.
- High Compression – High compression is usually used in top grade medical orthotics for those with severely restricted blood flow, such as in the case of varicose veins, edema or diabetes. These compression socks will prevent plantar fasciitis pain but may not be indicated in your case. They sit in the range of 20-30 mmHg.
- Graduated Compression – Graduated compression socks offer the best form of compression for those suffering from plantar fasciitis. They include a full range of all three types of compression, applying pressure exactly where the foot demands it for pain relief.
These are compression sock types divided by the shape of the socks:
- Knee High Compression Socks – If you need compression for more than just your feet, there are specialized knee high compression socks aimed at enhancing circulation and alleviating pressure all the way up one’s legs. This is not necessary for those who only have plantar fasciitis pains.
- Toeless Compression Socks – Toeless socks add an extra band of acupressure along the forefoot, which is beneficial for reducing the pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
Features of Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sock
Below is a list detailing some of the best features for compression socks aimed at dealing with plantar fasciitis and foot fatigue.
- Moisture Elimination – Socks that are made from a stretch fabric that dries quickly are ideal! Moisture wicking socks help to prevent excessive perspiration, which breeds bacteria as well as blisters.
- Underfoot Padding – If it’s painful to walk on your feet, you may want to consider getting a pair of compression socks that have some underfoot padding. This padding helps absorb shock and also provides arch support which will make walking lighter and easier for you.
- Non-Binding – While this seems counter intuitive for compression socks, they should not have a binding elastic band in them. Compression socks apply force to encourage the feet to use micro-circulation via the capillaries of the feet. A binding elastic band will not have the same effect and will block blood flow, which may increase your foot pain.
- Seamless – Seamless socks produce less friction which helps to ensure that you don’t get blisters. They also feel much more comfortable without an annoying seam there to rub against your toes.
- Anti-Odor – Many compression socks are treated with some form of odor protection to save both your shoes and socks from becoming overbearing. Antimicrobial socks or moisture wicking socks also help to keep the odor down by removing sweat and odor-causing bacteria.
Reviews: Best Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
Here below is our best selection of short compression socks for plantar fasciitis sufferers, guaranteed to ease your pain!
- These compression socks keep your feet suspended at just the right angle to help alleviate any pain from the plantar fascia.
- A blend of 80% nylon and 20% spandex ensures the best possible stretch and foot support, ideal for most foot sizes.
- A gentle graduated compression has been incorporated into these socks, providing the best plantar fascia as well as heel pain relief.
- These compression socks have been recommended by podiatrists and foot doctors for their patients who have sore, fatigued feet.
- The lightweight, minimal design allows these socks to be used in all footwear, including professional running shoes.
- These socks are both breathable and highly durable, allowing you to wear them for long stretches without worrying that they will feel uncomfortable or fall apart.
- These compression socks were specially designed with an interlock stitch, which provides compression to the plantar fascia, forefoot and ankles.
- The non-binding edges of these toeless compression socks do not contain an elastic band and will therefore not restrict your blood flow.
- Ideal for those who have too much blood pooling in their feet and need a circulation boost in the morning.
- Ideal for athletes or runners who need a lightweight sock to keep them on their feet during injury or recovery periods!
- Say goodbye to aching or tired feet with these game changing compression socks, designed to aid in quick recovery and to boost energy levels with enhanced blood flow.
- These compression socks are great for those who suffer from plantar fasciitis as well as a host of other conditions like edema or achilles tendonitis.
- Deep heel compression ensures those with swollen heels or ankles get the compression and pressure relief they deserve.
- These socks include non-binding cuffs and are toe-less for maximum compression and plantar fascia support.
- Multiple compression zones help to enhance blood flow, reducing blood pooling on the feet as well as foot pain.
- These are graduated compression socks, effectively using different levels of compression to soothe aching feet and fight against fatigue!
- Comes included with a 90-day money back guarantee so you can truly test the product to your satisfaction.
- These compression socks use multiple compression zones to achieve total plantar fasciitis relief and reduced foot fatigue.
- Graduated compression zones work together to streamline the blood flow of your feet, reducing swelling and foot pain.
- These socks are perfect for everyday use, being very comfortable and highly durable.
- Unlike other brands, these socks provide no static when you put them on or take them off.
- Made with anti odorous materials, these compression socks will ensure that your shoes do not smell at the end of a long day.
- The increased blood flow will allow for swifter recovery of plantar fasciitis and other conditions, as well as a reduction in lactic acid buildup.
- These compression socks have been recommended by doctors and athletes alike to enhance performance and reduce foot pain.
- The multiple compression zones help to reduce inflammation by enhancing blood circulation.
- Made from a moisture wicking material, your feet will remain dry and fresh all day long without friction or foot fungus.
- Relieves plantar fasciitis in those with sore feet and also prevents it from happening in the future.
- Ideal for travelers, nurses, medical concerns or athletes that find blood pooling in their feet or who have foot fatigue.
- The open toe design adds forefoot comfort and even more plantar support.