If your feet ache constantly, you may be suffering from plantar fasciitis.
Fortunately for you, you’ve landed on the right page that can help you with the best compression socks for plantar fasciitis!
Read further for info on causes and symptoms, what types of compression socks can help you with this condition, and what features of compression socks will feel the best for tired feet.
Table of Contents
- Causes and Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
- Related Articles on Compression Socks
- Different Types of Compression Socks
- Features of a Good Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sock
- Reviews: Best Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
- Physix Gear Sport® Unisex Ankle Compression Socks Toeless Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
- Treat My Feet® Unisex Superior Support Socks Plantar Fascia Support Compression Socks
- BeVisible Sports® Unisex Compression Socks Ankle Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
- CompressionZ® Unisex High Ankle Compression Socks Graduated Compression Socks for Foot Pain
- RiptGear® Unisex Plantar Fascia Support Socks Non-Restrictive Pressure Relief Compression Socks
- SB SOX® Unisex Compression Socks Over The Calf Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
- Zensah® Unisex Running Compression Socks Plantar Fasciitis Sports Compression socks
- Run Forever® Unisex Sport Plantar Fasciitis Running Compression Socks
- Go2Socks® Unisex Athletic Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
- JHM® Unisex Sport Thick Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
- Crucial Compression® Unisex Ankle Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sock
- Index Table: Best Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
Causes and Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
What is plantar fasciitis? It is described as a swelling of the arches in the feet that is usually the result of a tear in the ligament that runs from the heel to the forefoot (the plantar fascia). Any of the following can cause plantar fasciitis:
- Foot Strain – Those who work jobs where they are on their feet 24/7 tend to put a lot of pressure on their feet. This can result in plantar fasciitis over time, particularly if your shoes do not offer the right support.
- Injury – Those who work in the construction industry or who are athletically inclined can incur foot injuries fairly easily if they’re not careful. Sports injuries commonly cause plantar fasciitis.
- Infection – Sometimes one can get an infection in the bottom of the feet, which can create excess swelling and stiffness. If you walk on this too much, it can lead to plantar fasciitis (and more often than not does).
Plantar fasciitis is not a silent condition that will go unnoticed. The symptoms are obvious and rather painful! If you have any of the following symptoms, you are likely suffering from plantar fasciitis:
- Swelling or Inflammation – If the bottom of your feet is swollen, anywhere from the heel to just before the forefoot, it is an indication of gout or plantar fasciitis. Having compression socks for plantar fasciitis and socks for gout will help you with this condition.
- Aching or Burning Feet – If your feet are very sore to the point walking is made uncomfortable, there is a good chance you have plantar fasciitis.
- Tightness and Stiffness – If flexing your feet is painful, or they feel stiff in combination with any of the other symptoms, then you likely have this condition.
Compression socks are useful in combating the short-term effects of plantar fasciitis, helping the condition from worsening and allowing you to walk more freely on your feet while in recovery.
Related Articles on Compression Socks
- Open Toe Compression Socks
- Best Compression Socks for Running
- Best Compression Socks for Edema
- Best Compression Socks For Pregnancy
- Best Compression Socks For Shin Splints
- Bamboo Compression Socks
- Best Socks for CrossFit
Different Types of Compression Socks
Compression socks can be divided into two categories, depending on the compression they offer and the sock’s shape.
These are compression sock types divided by levels of compression:
- Low Compression – These are compression socks that provide a compression of 10 mmHg or less. Ideal for those who would like to prevent plantar fasciitis by offering mild compression support.
- Medium Compression – Medium compression socks sit in the range of 10-20 mmHg and are perfect for those with mild plantar fasciitis.
- High Compression – High compression is usually used in top-grade medical orthotics for those with severely restricted blood flow, such as in the case of varicose veins, edema, or diabetes. These compression socks will prevent plantar fasciitis pain but may not be indicated in your case. They sit in the range of 20-30 mmHg.
- Graduated Compression – Graduated compression socks offer the best form of compression for those suffering from plantar fasciitis. They include a full range of all three types of compression, applying pressure exactly where the foot demands it for pain relief.
These are compression sock types divided by the shape of the socks:
- Knee High Compression Socks – If you need compression for more than just your feet, there are specialized knee-high compression socks aimed at enhancing circulation and alleviating pressure up to your legs. This is not necessary for those who only have plantar fasciitis pains.
- Toeless Compression Socks – Toeless socks add an extra band of acupressure along the forefoot, which is beneficial for reducing the pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
Features of a Good Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sock
Below is a list detailing some of the best features for compression socks dealing with plantar fasciitis and foot fatigue.
- Moisture Elimination – Socks that are made from a stretch fabric that dries quickly are ideal! Moisture-wicking socks help prevent excessive perspiration, which breeds bacteria and blisters.
- Underfoot Padding – If it’s painful to walk on your feet, you may want to consider getting a pair of compression socks that have some underfoot padding. This padding helps absorb shock and also provides arch support, which will make walking lighter and easier for you.
- Non-Binding – While this seems counter-intuitive for compression socks, they should not have a binding elastic band in them. Compression socks apply force to encourage the feet to use micro-circulation via the feet’ capillaries. A binding elastic band will not have the same effect and will block blood flow, which may increase your foot pain.
- Seamless – Seamless socks produce less friction which helps to ensure that you don’t get blisters. They also feel much more comfortable without an annoying seam there to rub against your toes.
- Anti-Odor – Many compression socks are treated with some form of odor protection to save both your shoes and socks from becoming overbearing. Antimicrobial or moisture-wicking socks also help keep the odor down by removing sweat and odor-causing bacteria.
Reviews: Best Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
Here below is our best selection of short compression socks for plantar fasciitis sufferers, guaranteed to ease your pain.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These compression socks keep your feet suspended at just the right angle to alleviate any pain from the plantar fascia.
- A blend of 80% nylon and 20% spandex ensures the best possible stretch and foot support, ideal for most foot sizes.
- A gentle graduated compression has been incorporated into these socks, providing the best plantar fascia as well as heel pain relief.
- Podiatrists and foot doctors have recommended these compression socks for patients with sore, tired feet.
- The lightweight, minimal design allows these socks to be used in all footwear, including professional running shoes.
- These socks are both breathable and highly durable, allowing you to wear them for long stretches without worrying that they will feel uncomfortable or fall apart.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Treat My Feet® Unisex Superior Support Socks Plantar Fascia Support Compression Socks
- These compression socks were specially designed with an interlock stitch, which compression the plantar fascia, forefoot, and ankles.
- The non-binding edges of these toeless compression socks do not contain an elastic band and will, therefore, not restrict your blood flow.
- It is ideal for those who have too much blood pooling in their feet and need a circulation boost in the morning.
- It is ideal for athletes or runners who need a lightweight sock to keep them on their feet during injury or recovery!
- Say goodbye to aching or tired feet with these game-changing compression socks, designed to aid in quick recovery and boost energy levels with enhanced blood flow.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
BeVisible Sports® Unisex Compression Socks Ankle Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
- These compression socks are great for those who suffer from plantar fasciitis and a host of other conditions like edema or Achilles tendonitis.
- Deep heel compression ensures those with swollen heels or ankles get the compression and pressure relief they deserve.
- These socks include non-binding cuffs and are toe-less for maximum compression and plantar fascia support.
- Multiple compression zones help enhance blood flow, and reduce blood pooling on the feet and foot pain.
- These are graduated compression socks, effectively using different compression levels to soothe aching feet and fight against fatigue.
- It comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee so you can truly test the product to your satisfaction.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
CompressionZ® Unisex High Ankle Compression Socks Graduated Compression Socks for Foot Pain
- These compression socks use multiple compression zones to achieve total plantar fasciitis relief and reduced foot fatigue.
- Graduated compression zones work together to streamline your feet’ blood flow, reducing swelling and foot pain.
- These socks are perfect for everyday use, being very comfortable and durable.
- Unlike other brands, these socks provide no static when you put them on or take them off.
- These compression socks are made with anti-odorous materials and will ensure that your shoes do not smell at the end of a long day.
- The increased blood flow will allow for a swifter recovery of plantar fasciitis and other conditions, as well as a reduction in the lactic acid buildup.
RiptGear® Unisex Plantar Fascia Support Socks Non-Restrictive Pressure Relief Compression Socks
- These compression socks have been recommended by doctors and athletes alike to enhance performance and reduce foot pain.
- The multiple compression zones help to reduce inflammation by enhancing blood circulation.
- It is made from moisture-wicking material; your feet will remain dry and fresh all day long without friction or foot fungus.
- It relieves plantar fasciitis in those with sore feet and prevents it from happening in the future.
- It is ideal for travelers, nurses, medical concerns, or athletes who find blood pooling in their feet or have foot fatigue.
- The open-toe design adds forefoot comfort and even more plantar support.
SB SOX® Unisex Compression Socks Over The Calf Compression Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
A supportive and comfortable compression sock effectively relieves pain and conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis.
- Made from stretchable and soft materials with a reinforced underfoot and heel and toe area.
- Guarded compression for better protection and pain relief.
- Moisture-wicking and smooth material that will not irritate your skin.
- Keeps your feet fresh and odors at bay.
Zensah® Unisex Running Compression Socks Plantar Fasciitis Sports Compression socks
A sports compression sock is ideal for treating the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis.
- Elastic and stretchable spandex that is highly durable and breathable.
- It provides practical and targeted pain relief.
- Very breathable and lightweight for all-day wear.
- Ultra absorbing and odor resistant.
Run Forever® Unisex Sport Plantar Fasciitis Running Compression Socks
A Compression sock for running when you have Plantar Fasciitis from Run Forever, a top brand in sports socks.
- Comfortable sleeve design with open toe and heel for breathability and comfort.
- Very effective heel pain relief.
- Medical professionals recommend it for quality and effectiveness.
- Durable and comfortable design.
Go2Socks® Unisex Athletic Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
- Strong 20-30mmHg compression socks that offer comfortable and graduated compression.
- Ideal for sports and everyday wear.
- Breathable materails and tremendous pain and discomfort relief.
- Available in a few color selections to choose from.
JHM® Unisex Sport Thick Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
- Made from breathable and durable cotton and spandex.
- Moisture wicking and breathable Dry Moisture Technology.
- Airmax venting mesh insets.
- Targeted Arch support and light and comfortable compression are ideal for Plantar Fasciitis.
Crucial Compression® Unisex Ankle Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sock
- Instant style and performance boot with comfortable compression.
- Premium ComfortFkex design with ultra-durable double stitching and craftsmanship.
- Offers crucial compression and pain relief.
- Ideal for athletic and outdoor wear.