Nowadays many of us are looking to cut down costs and save a few pennies here and there. One of the best ways in which to save a few bucks is to invest in high quality, cheap wool socks! This buyer’s guide is here to fill you in on all you need to know about purchasing cheap wool socks.
Comparison Table for the Best Cheap Wool Socks
|1||Fit Spirit Unisex Outdoor Wool Socks - Cheap Itch-Free Wool Blend Socks for Hiking||Fit Spirit||97|
|2||Meriwool Unisex Merino Wool Blend Socks - Cheap Merino Wool Crew Socks||Meriwool||94|
|3||Fun Toes Men's Lightweight Winter Wool Socks - Cheap Wool Socks for Winter||Fun Toes||95|
|4||Cloudline Unisex Top Quality Athletic Socks - Cheap Athletic Quality Merino Wool Socks||Cloudline||96|
|5||People Socks Unisex Cheap Merino Sock Pack - Premium Inexpensive Merino Wool Ankle Socks||People Socks||97|
|6||Cikrilan Unisex Ultra Cheap Wool Socks - Comfortable Cotton Wool Sock Blend||Cikrilan||98|
What Makes Wool the Best Cheap Sock Material?
Wool has been used for thousands of years in the making of clothing due to its many amazing natural properties. The organic fiber is 100% breathable for our skin and does not encourage as much sweating or odor as some synthetic fibers do. On the same note, wool is hypoallergenic and ideal for those who are sensitive to synthetic fibers. Wool has one of the best insulating capacities of all fibers known around the globe. It also regulates the body temperature surrounding your feet, keeping them at a constant temperature.
Wool’s best property is that it is highly absorbent while simultaneously it can wick moisture away very fast. While thicker wool socks are advised for colder climates, wools moisture wicking ability makes wool socks ideal for any time of the year. Another interesting point to note is that wool is entirely flame resistant, making it an excellent choice of natural socks for firefighters too!
How to Tell If the Cheap Wool Sock is Good Quality
Wool fibers come in different shapes and sizes. Some of the very thick wools can be of lesser quality and may itch. Blending tougher wool with softer fibers will remove the itching. Here is an idea of what blending different fibers with wool will do to the finished product.
- Merino Wool – Merino wool comes from the merino sheep, which is what gives it it’s name. Merino wool fibers are the finest wool fibers known to man, averaging a thickness of 1/8th that of a human hair. Merino wool socks are usually outstanding quality, used for professional athlete gear and more. If your socks have merino wool blended into them, they will be softer, moisture wicking, itch-free and more comfortable.
- Spandex – spandex is the fiber that allows our socks to stretch as well as fit so well on our feet. Ordinarily, as little as 1-2% spandex will make for a more comfortable wool sock. If you have swollen feet, you may want a sock with a higher spandex percentage to help you put them on.
- Acrylic – acrylic is a synthetic wool substitute and softens the texture of wool quite considerably. Wool itchiness will also be reduced in an acrylic wool sock blend.
- Cotton – cotton is a luxurious fiber which will enhance comfort, remove itchiness, as well as aid the wool in regards to being machine washed.
- Nylon – nylon is used to reinforce the socks for additional durability, and is also often used to make foot padding underneath the foot for increased comfort.
Extraordinary Cheap Wool Sock Qualities
If your cheap wool socks have any of the following qualities, they are a step above the rest!
Cheap Wool Sock Reviews
Make sure to have a look at our premium selection of affordable wool socks and their features below.
- These Fit Spirit outdoor activity wool socks are ideal for hiking, working and all outdoors activities.
- These crew socks are suitable for wearing in hot or cool weather climate, although they are not thick enough to stand up to icy weather or snow.
- These socks are seamless and can stretch perfectly to fit your foot size.
- Other fibers have been blended with this wool sock, giving you a very comfortable, quick drying outdoor sock.
- The moisture wicking properties of the sock encourage odor removal and increase odor resistance.
- Fit spirit’s motto is “Lowering Prices. Raising Standards” and they intend to do just that!
- These unisex wool socks are made from 75% of the softest finest merino wool, cushioning your feet in any weather condition.
- Entirely itch-free, these socks are also blister resistant, seamless and will pad your feet with great arch support!
- Merino wool is the finest wool fiber which makes it excellent at wicking the moisture off your feet very quickly.
- These socks are odor resistant, containing a special blend of fibers that work hand in hand with the wool to keep your feet fresh and dry.
- Enjoy wearing these socks all year round for running, cycling, jogging, hiking, and many other outdoors activities.
- Fun toes merino wool socks are itch free and blended with high-quality fibers for the best arch support and comfort.
- 50% Merino Wool combined with 40% nylon gives these socks their incredibly soft and supportive design.
- These wool socks are lightweight and still provide a substantial barrier between you and the cold.
- Designed to keep your feet feeling fresh and itch-free, without causing excessive perspiration, odors or blistering.
- The ribbed design gives these socks excellent ventilation over and above the superior qualities of merino wool.
- Stock up big time for Winter with this 6 pair merino wool sock bargain!
- If you are looking for a good pair of athletic or running socks but only have a minimal budget, these are a cheap pair that covers all bases!
- 6% Spandex and 63% Merino Wool ensure a great fit with an unmatchable softness that conforms perfectly to the shape of your foot.
- These socks are entirely moisture wicking, keeping your feet dry even in wet conditions.
- When wearing these antimicrobial socks, your feet stand a much less chance of picking up Athlete’s Foot and other foot infections.
- Cloudline is confident enough that you will enjoy these socks that they have included a lifetime guarantee with every purchase.
- Perfect for casual use, hiking, walking, trekking, running, playing sport in, or pampering your feet while at work.
- Made from 71% premium Australian Merino Wool, these socks are ideal for keeping your feet as comfortable as they can possibly be.
- Four pairs of the softest socks that let your feet breathe, wicking away moisture in minutes.
- These non-binding wool socks have a ribbed design around the ankle along with some spandex, accommodating most foot sizes with ease.
- The reinforced stitch at the heels and the toes ensure for a longer lasting sock.
- Note that these socks need to be hand washed in cold water to be kept in optimal condition.
- These are a cheap pair of cotton wool socks under $2 that are ideal for those looking for a cheap pair of socks in a warmer climate.
- Highly breathable and soft with comfort, these socks are brilliant for outdoors activities such as hiking, running, cycling and more.
- Ideal for wearing to the office or casually to keep your feet warm at home.
- It’s recommended to wash them by hand to help them last as long as possible.
- The top of the sock comes with a breathable mesh vent for more air flow and faster moisture wicking.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Cheap Wool Socks
- What Makes Wool the Best Cheap Sock Material?
- How to Tell If the Cheap Wool Sock is Good Quality
- Extraordinary Cheap Wool Sock Qualities
- Cheap Wool Sock Reviews
- Fit Spirit Unisex Outdoor Wool Socks Cheap Itch-Free Wool Blend Socks for Hiking
- Meriwool Unisex Merino Wool Blend Socks Cheap Merino Wool Crew Socks
- Fun Toes Men's Lightweight Winter Wool Socks Cheap Wool Socks for Winter
- Cloudline Unisex Top Quality Athletic Socks Cheap Athletic Quality Merino Wool Socks
- People Socks Unisex Cheap Merino Sock Pack Premium Inexpensive Merino Wool Ankle Socks
- Cikrilan Unisex Ultra Cheap Wool Socks Comfortable Cotton Wool Sock Blend