Buying cheap dress socks that don’t fall apart can be challenging unless you know what to look for. This cheap dress sock buyer’s guide will show you all you need to know about different types of dress socks, what the best cheap dress sock materials are, as well as a look at the top cost-effective dress sock features.
Index Table for the Best Cheap Dress Socks
|1||Fine Fit Unisex Dress Socks - Cheap Everyday Cotton Dress Socks||Fine Fit||97|
|2||USBingoshop Men's Cotton Socks - Bulk Pack of Ribbed Cotton Dress Socks||USBingoshop||98|
|3||Alpine Swiss Men's Dress Socks - Stylish Patterened Cheap Cotton Dress Socks||Alpine Swiss||95|
|4||TeeHee Women's Secret Socks - Cheap Comfortable No Show Dress Socks||TeeHee||97|
|5||HBY Women's Ankle Socks - Cheap Ultra Stretchy Silky Dress Socks||HBY||97|
Different Types of Dress Socks
Dress socks are often distinguished by their length or by their most prominent characteristics.
Types of Dress Socks by Length:
- No Show Socks – These are dress socks that sit below the ankle and are often preferred by women, but athletic men like to use them too to enhance their running performance.
- Ankle Socks – Ankle socks sit at the ankle, only just covering it. These are great for those that get too hot on summer days but enjoy wearing a pair of long pants with sneakers.
- Quarter Length Socks – Quarter length socks rest about an inch above the ankle, at the quarter mark of the calf.
- Mid Calf Length Socks – As the name suggests, mid-calf length socks rest halfway between the ankle and the knee. These are the preferred dress socks of choice by professionals, as they tend to stay up the best.
- Knee High Socks – Knee high socks rest comfortably under the knee and feel very secure. When combined with compression (see below) they can become very effective at enhancing your daily energy levels.
Types of Dress Socks by Characteristic:
- Compression Socks – Compression socks gently compress around various areas of the feet and sometimes the leg, causing these areas to rely on microcirculation. This enhances blood flow, increases energy levels, reduces foot pains and prevents pooling in the feet.
- Toeless Socks – Toeless socks end in a band around the forefoot and do not cover the toes. These are good if you experience pain in your feet but not if your toes get cold on a frequent basis!
- Hoisery – Hosiery socks are essentially stockings that are at the length of socks. Many women find they prefer to wear these to work instead of wearing full leg stockings.
- Diabetic Socks – Diabetic socks are not restrictive and allow for toes to wiggle without binding them. They are also softer and often have padding on the underside of the feet to protect from diabetic neuropathy.
- Toe Socks – Toe socks are the opposite to toeless socks, having a separate compartment for each toe. These are like gloves for your feet where most ordinary socks are like mittens for them.
Best Dress Sock Materials
The best materials that cheap dress socks are made from will be a combination of quality natural fibers blended with synthetic ones.
Best Natural Fibers:
- Cotton – Cotton is a great all natural fiber, being soft, lightweight, breathable and moisture wicking. Cotton is one of the most popular sock materials and has been since socks started being made.
- Wool – Wool is perfect for living in a cold climate. It will keep your feet warm, regulate temperature, wick moisture away and allows your skin to breath. An added benefit of wool that is little known is that is is antimicrobial too!
- Rayon – Rayon is a natural fiber that is made from bamboo, which has many of the same properties as cotton. Bamboo is believed to be more eco-friendly as it does not need as much water to grow and harvest as cotton.
Best Synthetic Fibers:
- Polyester – Polyester refers to a blend of synthetic fibers and is usually very soft and durable.
- Nylon – Nylon was the first synthetic material to have been invented and it is still one of the most durable. Nylon can be spun incredibly fine and made into very smooth materials like the sheer material that hosiery stockings are made from.
- Spandex – Spandex is a synthetic fiber that gives all our clothing items their stretchy properties. Spandex can also be called Elastane or Lycra.
- Acrylic – Acrylic is a synthetic version of wool fibers and is used in combination with wool to enhance durability, fix in colours better and to allow the wool to last longer without shrinking in the wash.
Top Cheap Dress Sock Features
Here are some of the best features found in budget friendly dress socks.
- Seamless – Seamless socks feel incredibly comfortable! These are socks that do not have a seam, which is the number one cause of blisters and friction inside shoes.
- Ribbed – A ribbed stitch design (not a printed on pattern) will help to regulate your temperature inside the socks and allow for better breathability.
- Non Binding – Non binding socks do not have elastic bands to hold them up and are suitable for diabetics to use.
- Breathable – Breathable socks are very important, particularly if you are looking at the lower price ranges of dress socks. A breathable sock will allow for moisture to be wicked away faster and prevent excessive perspiration which can cause blisters or foot infections.
- Stretchy – The more stretchy the sock is, the better it will fit and the more comfortable it will be. Look for higher percentages of spandex in the socks composition.
Cheap Dress Sock Reviews
In this section we have reviewed some fabulous cost effective dress socks that are available in cheap bulk orders.
- These cotton dress socks will feel super comfortable and can be used everyday, whether at the office or at home.
- Made from 80% cotton, the socks are light and breezy, keeping feet feeling fresh, comfortable and happy.
- Buy these in a pack of 12 and save with a bulk purchase!
- Includes 5% spandex for a loose fit that doesn’t bind the feet, yet keeps them snug all day.
- Ideal for business professionals who like to match their socks with their ties when suiting up for the office.
- These socks are made from 90% of the softest, purest cotton available, which translates into maximum comfort for you and your feet.
- The ribbed design enables your feet to remain at a stable temperature throughout the day, wicking away any moisture.
- These socks are a mid-calf length and will remain comfortably on your leg without falling down.
- Available in many colors as well as plain neutral colors for you to choose from.
- You can wash these in the washing machine with similar colors on warm and tumble dry them on medium.
- Comes in a pack of 12.
- Indulge in Swiss style and comfort with these cotton dress socks at only a fraction of the cost!
- Made from 73% cotton and 26% polyester, the socks will feel comfortable and last you a longer time than most others in this price range.
- The mid-calf length reaches up to 10 inches, making them ideal for shorter length trousers or keeping your legs warmer.
- The socks are breathable and moisture wicking, keeping your feet fresh and dry while you get along with your day.
- Available in many styles, colours and patterns.
- These below-the-ankle socks are very cute, comfortable and budget friendly, allowing you to wear socks you love without breaking the bank.
- Made from 97% polyester and 3% spandex, the socks will fit perfectly and are resistant to wear and tear.
- Great for wearing in the summertime to keep your feet comfortable while still showing off your legs.
- Wear these no-show dress socks with almost any shoes without anyone knowing that you are.
- Choose from many different colors and funky patterns or go with plain black – the choice is yours!
- These cheap dress socks are made to last, crafted from some of silkiest hosiery materials that will feel comfortable all day!
- Combining silky polyamide with 20% spandex, these socks will fit most foot shapes and sizes without any hassles.
- Choose from trendy black, grey or a light beige to match your work uniform or just to make your wardrobe a bit more classy.
- The socks are comfortable and breathable, also able to be washed conveniently in the washing machine.
- A non-binding elastic keeps them up above your ankles, ensuring that they won’t fall down.
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the Best Cheap Dress Socks
- Different Types of Dress Socks
- Best Dress Sock Materials
- Top Cheap Dress Sock Features
- Cheap Dress Sock Reviews
- Fine Fit Unisex Dress Socks Cheap Everyday Cotton Dress Socks
- USBingoshop Men's Cotton Socks Bulk Pack of Ribbed Cotton Dress Socks
- Alpine Swiss Men's Dress Socks Stylish Patterened Cheap Cotton Dress Socks
- TeeHee Women's Secret Socks Cheap Comfortable No Show Dress Socks
- HBY Women's Ankle Socks Cheap Ultra Stretchy Silky Dress Socks