Not all of us can afford to buy the most expensive socks in a pinch!
To help you buy a pair of affordable cheap socks, that are still high quality, read further for more information on the different kinds of socks we cover here and some of the best features of these cheap socks.
1. Best Cheap Compression Socks
If you suffer from daily foot pain, cramping, fatigue or swelling in the feet, you could consider purchasing a pair of compression socks.
To help you buy a pair of cheap compression socks, read further for more information on how compression socks work, different kinds of compression and some of the best features of compression socks.
How Does A Compression Sock Work To Ease Foot Pain And More?
Compression socks are well known intermediate solutions to foot pain, cramping in the legs, fatigue, improved blood circulation and heightened energy levels. They are specially designed to impart a pressure on various points of the foot, ankle, and calf. The pressure compresses the blood vessels in these areas and forces these parts to rely on microcirculation. This promotes blood flow away from the feet, promoting a healthy heart rate when using the best compression socks.
Compression socks have been known to increase athletic performance also, due to increased circulation. Nurses, doctors, chefs, air hostesses, business men, and many others who are on their feet for extended hours of time will benefit from wearing compression socks. The compression around the feet can help to alleviate pressure points on the feet, preventing fatigue and foot aches. Improved circulation also allows glands to be drained quicker and reduces swelling.
Different Kinds of Compression Socks
Compression stockings have been graded according to the kind of compression they give. There are three main types of compression. Many compression socks use all of them and stagger the different types of compression to give the best pressure relief results.
- Low Compression – low compression socks are typically in the range of 10mmHg or less. They will not show a great improvement of blood flow but will feel comfortable and help eliminate foot fatigue.
- Medium Compression – medium compression socks fall into the range of 10-20mmHg. These will help office workers, travelers and those who have mild swelling around their ankles or foot fatigue.
- High Compression – high compression socks are between 20-30mmHg. These are orthopedic quality usually being integrated with other medium and low compression zones to break up the compression. Ideal for diabetics, edema, swelling, and nurses.
Please make sure to consult with your local health practitioner before deciding to purchase a pair of compression socks for medical treatment.
Best Compression Sock Features
Compression socks can come included with some other great features that make them even better! Knowing these features will help you understand what sets aside a compression sock from the rest, even with at a low price.
- Seamless – Many compression socks are seamless to prevent excessive rubbing and blisters. It’s a good idea to opt for a seamless compression sock, especially if you want a very tight fitting one!
- Moisture Wicking – When our feet are pressed, it can produce more perspiration in them. Moisture wicking compression socks allow for all sweat to dry away in a matter of minutes, keeping your feet dry all day.
- Elastic Free – Some compression socks have an elastic to hold them up. This is entirely not necessary for the best compression socks and adds too much pressure as well as leaves marks on your legs. The best compression socks are elastic free.
- Foot Support – some compression socks are reinforced to provide your arches with a decent degree of foot support. This helps to alleviate foot tiredness even more and adds extra comfort to the compression socks.
- Odor Elimination – keep your eyes peeled for antimicrobial fibers or odor elimination in your compression socks. Often antimicrobial fibers reduce the amount of bacterial growth inside your sock which keeps it free from most unwanted smells.
Reviews: Cheap Compression Sock
Here’s a list of great cheap compression socks that will help you keep on top of your game!
- For those who mostly suffer from foot pain or arch fatigue, here is a great pair of mild compression socks that should do the trick!
- More compression is placed just before the toes as these socks are toeless as well as seamless.
- Reduce swelling in the ankles or heels of your feet and stay comfortable all day long.
- While the compression is mild in this sock, it is also graduated to provide the best possible compression to your feet.
- These thin tight fitting compression socks are affordable and also control for any odors in your shoes.
- If you need a pair of very cost effective ladies compression stockings, this pair of basic medium compression socks will work wonders on your feet.
- Prevent deep vein thrombosis, swelling, mild edema and more by wearing these all day long!
- Experience enhanced energy with improved blood circulation, allowing you to be on your feet for longer periods of time without pain.
- One size fits most, with the majority of the sock being made from hyper stretchable cotton.
- Ideal for nurses, patients, doctors, flight attendants, secretaries, PA’s, athletes and more.
- Here are a pair of cheap athletic medical-grade compression socks for both men and women with poor blood circulation.
- Step up your game with the medium graduated compression zones the sock has to offer, massaging any aches or pains from your feet.
- Fight foot fatigue, plantar fasciitis and keep your feet protected from shock with the underfoot padding.
- These are perfect compression socks for athletes to help them recover quickly from injury or protect them from future ones.
- The fabric used is moisture wicking and gets rid of odors and sweat very quickly, keeping your feet fresher for longer.
- These are a pair of cheaper medical grade compression socks that will help ease severe swelling and diabetics.
- The kinesiology taping in the design of the socks gives graduated compression a stylish new look and comfortable feel.
- The sock is knitted in a spiraling circular formation which provides extra pressure relief, flexibility, and durability.
- These compression socks are great for all ages, patients, nurses, doctors, deep vein thrombosis, serious athletes and more.
- 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with your compression socks – you’ve got nothing to lose!
- Physix gear sport meant business when they made these luxurious high graduated socks, using a higher compression to produce the best quality.
- If you’re willing to pay just a little bit more for the best compression sock available online, you won’t be disappointed.
- Relieves swelling up to 50% or more with edema, diabetes, pregnancy, and standing or sitting for long.
- The graduated compression has all three medium, high and low compression zones present throughout the sock.
- Get your blood pumping at optimum efficiency with this top notch orthopedic performance sock!
2. Best Cheap Wool Socks
Nowadays many of us are looking to cut down costs and save a few pennies here and there.
One of the best ways in which to save a few bucks is to invest in high quality, cheap wool socks!
This buyer’s guide is here to fill you in on all you need to know about purchasing cheap wool socks.
What Makes Wool the Best Cheap Sock Material?
Wool has been used for thousands of years in the making of clothing due to its many amazing natural properties. The organic fiber is 100% breathable for our skin and does not encourage as much sweating or odor as some synthetic fibers do. On the same note, wool is hypoallergenic and ideal for those who are sensitive to synthetic fibers. Wool has one of the best insulating capacities of all fibers known around the globe. It also regulates the body temperature surrounding your feet, keeping them at a constant temperature.
Wool’s best property is that it is highly absorbent while simultaneously it can wick moisture away very fast. While thicker wool socks are advised for colder climates, wools moisture wicking ability makes wool socks ideal for any time of the year. Another interesting point to note is that wool is entirely flame resistant, making it an excellent choice of natural socks for firefighters too!
How to Tell If the Cheap Wool Sock is Good Quality
Wool fibers come in different shapes and sizes. Some of the very thick wools can be of lesser quality and may itch. Blending tougher wool with softer fibers will remove the itching. Here is an idea of what blending different fibers with wool will do to the finished product.
- Merino Wool – Merino wool comes from the merino sheep, which is what gives it it’s name. Merino wool fibers are the finest wool fibers known to man, averaging a thickness of 1/8th that of a human hair. Merino wool socks are usually outstanding quality, used for professional athlete gear and more. If your socks have merino wool blended into them, they will be softer, moisture wicking, itch-free and more comfortable.
- Spandex – spandex is the fiber that allows our socks to stretch as well as fit so well on our feet. Ordinarily, as little as 1-2% spandex will make for a more comfortable wool sock. If you have swollen feet, you may want a sock with a higher spandex percentage to help you put them on.
- Acrylic – acrylic is a synthetic wool substitute and softens the texture of wool quite considerably. Wool itchiness will also be reduced in an acrylic wool sock blend.
- Cotton – cotton is a luxurious fiber which will enhance comfort, remove itchiness, as well as aid the wool in regards to being machine washed.
- Nylon – nylon is used to reinforce the socks for additional durability, and is also often used to make foot padding underneath the foot for increased comfort.
Extraordinary Cheap Wool Sock Qualities
If your cheap wool socks have any of the following qualities, they are a step above the rest!
Reviews: Cheap Wool Socks
Make sure to have a look at our premium selection of affordable wool socks and their features below.
- These Fit Spirit outdoor activity wool socks are ideal for hiking, working and all outdoors activities.
- These crew socks are suitable for wearing in hot or cool weather climate, although they are not thick enough to stand up to icy weather or snow.
- These socks are seamless and can stretch perfectly to fit your foot size.
- Other fibers have been blended with this wool sock, giving you a very comfortable, quick drying outdoor sock.
- The moisture wicking properties of the sock encourage odor removal and increase odor resistance.
- Fit spirit’s motto is “Lowering Prices. Raising Standards” and they intend to do just that!
- These unisex wool socks are made from 75% of the softest finest merino wool, cushioning your feet in any weather condition.
- Entirely itch-free, these socks are also blister resistant, seamless and will pad your feet with great arch support!
- Merino wool is the finest wool fiber which makes it excellent at wicking the moisture off your feet very quickly.
- These socks are odor resistant, containing a special blend of fibers that work hand in hand with the wool to keep your feet fresh and dry.
- Enjoy wearing these socks all year round for running, cycling, jogging, hiking, and many other outdoors activities.
- Fun toes merino wool socks are itch free and blended with high-quality fibers for the best arch support and comfort.
- 50% Merino Wool combined with 40% nylon gives these socks their incredibly soft and supportive design.
- These wool socks are lightweight and still provide a substantial barrier between you and the cold.
- Designed to keep your feet feeling fresh and itch-free, without causing excessive perspiration, odors or blistering.
- The ribbed design gives these socks excellent ventilation over and above the superior qualities of merino wool.
- Stock up big time for Winter with this 6 pair merino wool sock bargain!
- If you are looking for a good pair of thermal socks but only have a minimal budget, these are a cheap pair that covers all bases!
- 6% Spandex and 80% Merino Wool ensure a great fit with an unmatchable softness that conforms perfectly to the shape of your foot.
- These socks are entirely moisture wicking, keeping your feet dry even in wet conditions.
- When wearing these antimicrobial socks, your feet stand a much less chance of picking up Athlete’s Foot and other foot infections.
- Perfect for casual use, hiking, walking, trekking, running, playing sport in, or pampering your feet while at work.
- Made from 71% premium Australian Merino Wool, these socks are ideal for keeping your feet as comfortable as they can possibly be.
- Four pairs of the softest socks that let your feet breathe, wicking away moisture in minutes.
- These non-binding wool socks have a ribbed design around the ankle along with some spandex, accommodating most foot sizes with ease.
- The reinforced stitch at the heels and the toes ensure for a longer lasting sock.
- Note that these socks need to be hand washed in cold water to be kept in optimal condition.
- These are a cheap pair of cotton wool socks under $2 that are ideal for those looking for a cheap pair of socks in a warmer climate.
- Highly breathable and soft with comfort, these socks are brilliant for outdoors activities such as hiking, running, cycling and more.
- Ideal for wearing to the office or casually to keep your feet warm at home.
- It’s recommended to wash them by hand to help them last as long as possible.
- The top of the sock comes with a breathable mesh vent for more air flow and faster moisture wicking.
3. Best Cheap Dress Socks
Buying cheap dress socks that don’t fall apart can be challenging unless you know what to look for. This cheap dress sock buyer’s guide will show you all you need to know about different types of dress socks, what the best cheap dress sock materials are, as well as a look at the top cost-effective dress sock features.
Different Types of Dress Socks
Dress socks are often distinguished by their length or by their most prominent characteristics.
Types of Dress Socks by Length:
- No Show Socks – These are dress socks that sit below the ankle and are often preferred by women, but athletic men like to use them too to enhance their running performance.
- Ankle Socks – Ankle socks sit at the ankle, only just covering it. These are great for those that get too hot on summer days but enjoy wearing a pair of long pants with sneakers.
- Quarter Length Socks – Quarter length socks rest about an inch above the ankle, at the quarter mark of the calf.
- Mid Calf Length Socks – As the name suggests, mid-calf length socks rest halfway between the ankle and the knee. These are the preferred dress socks of choice by professionals, as they tend to stay up the best.
- Knee High Socks – Knee high socks rest comfortably under the knee and feel very secure. When combined with compression (see below) they can become very effective at enhancing your daily energy levels.
Types of Dress Socks by Characteristic:
- Compression Socks – Compression socks gently compress around various areas of the feet and sometimes the leg, causing these areas to rely on microcirculation. This enhances blood flow, increases energy levels, reduces foot pains and prevents pooling in the feet.
- Toeless Socks – Toeless socks end in a band around the forefoot and do not cover the toes. These are good if you experience pain in your feet but not if your toes get cold on a frequent basis!
- Hoisery – Hosiery socks are essentially stockings that are at the length of socks. Many women find they prefer to wear these to work instead of wearing full leg stockings.
- Diabetic Socks – Diabetic socks are not restrictive and allow for toes to wiggle without binding them. They are also softer and often have padding on the underside of the feet to protect from diabetic neuropathy.
- Toe Socks – Toe socks are the opposite to toeless socks, having a separate compartment for each toe. These are like gloves for your feet where most ordinary socks are like mittens for them.
Best Dress Sock Materials
The best materials that cheap dress socks are made from will be a combination of quality natural fibers blended with synthetic ones.
Best Natural Fibers:
- Cotton – Cotton is a great all natural fiber, being soft, lightweight, breathable and moisture wicking. Cotton is one of the most popular sock materials and has been since socks started being made.
- Wool – Wool is perfect for living in a cold climate. It will keep your feet warm, regulate temperature, wick moisture away and allows your skin to breath. An added benefit of wool that is little known is that is is antimicrobial too!
- Rayon – Rayon is a natural fiber that is made from bamboo, which has many of the same properties as cotton. Bamboo is believed to be more eco-friendly as it does not need as much water to grow and harvest as cotton.
Best Synthetic Fibers:
- Polyester – Polyester refers to a blend of synthetic fibers and is usually very soft and durable.
- Nylon – Nylon was the first synthetic material to have been invented and it is still one of the most durable. Nylon can be spun incredibly fine and made into very smooth materials like the sheer material that hosiery stockings are made from.
- Spandex – Spandex is a synthetic fiber that gives all our clothing items their stretchy properties. Spandex can also be called Elastane or Lycra.
- Acrylic – Acrylic is a synthetic version of wool fibers and is used in combination with wool to enhance durability, fix in colours better and to allow the wool to last longer without shrinking in the wash.
Top Cheap Dress Sock Features
Here are some of the best features found in budget friendly dress socks.
- Seamless – Seamless socks feel incredibly comfortable! These are socks that do not have a seam, which is the number one cause of blisters and friction inside shoes.
- Ribbed – A ribbed stitch design (not a printed on pattern) will help to regulate your temperature inside the socks and allow for better breathability.
- Non Binding – Non binding socks do not have elastic bands to hold them up and are suitable for diabetics to use.
- Breathable – Breathable socks are very important, particularly if you are looking at the lower price ranges of dress socks. A breathable sock will allow for moisture to be wicked away faster and prevent excessive perspiration which can cause blisters or foot infections.
- Stretchy – The more stretchy the sock is, the better it will fit and the more comfortable it will be. Look for higher percentages of spandex in the socks composition.
Cheap Dress Sock Reviews
In this section we have reviewed some fabulous cost effective dress socks that are available in cheap bulk orders.
- These cotton dress socks will feel super comfortable and can be used everyday, whether at the office or at home.
- Made from 80% cotton, the socks are light and breezy, keeping feet feeling fresh, comfortable and happy.
- Buy these in a pack of 12 and save with a bulk purchase!
- Includes 5% spandex for a loose fit that doesn’t bind the feet, yet keeps them snug all day.
- Ideal for business professionals who like to match their socks with their ties when suiting up for the office.
- These socks are made from 90% of the softest, purest cotton available, which translates into maximum comfort for you and your feet.
- The ribbed design enables your feet to remain at a stable temperature throughout the day, wicking away any moisture.
- These socks are a mid-calf length and will remain comfortably on your leg without falling down.
- Available in many colors as well as plain neutral colors for you to choose from.
- You can wash these in the washing machine with similar colors on warm and tumble dry them on medium.
- Comes in a pack of 12.
- Indulge in Swiss style and comfort with these cotton dress socks at only a fraction of the cost!
- Made from 73% cotton and 26% polyester, the socks will feel comfortable and last you a longer time than most others in this price range.
- The mid-calf length reaches up to 10 inches, making them ideal for shorter length trousers or keeping your legs warmer.
- The socks are breathable and moisture wicking, keeping your feet fresh and dry while you get along with your day.
- Available in many styles, colours and patterns.
- These below-the-ankle socks are very cute, comfortable and budget friendly, allowing you to wear socks you love without breaking the bank.
- Made from 97% polyester and 3% spandex, the socks will fit perfectly and are resistant to wear and tear.
- Great for wearing in the summertime to keep your feet comfortable while still showing off your legs.
- Wear these no-show dress socks with almost any shoes without anyone knowing that you are.
- Choose from many different colors and funky patterns or go with plain black – the choice is yours!
- These cheap dress socks are made to last, crafted from some of silkiest hosiery materials that will feel comfortable all day!
- Combining silky polyamide with 20% spandex, these socks will fit most foot shapes and sizes without any hassles.
- Choose from trendy black, grey or a light beige to match your work uniform or just to make your wardrobe a bit more classy.
- The socks are comfortable and breathable, also able to be washed conveniently in the washing machine.
- A non-binding elastic keeps them up above your ankles, ensuring that they won’t fall down.
Index Table: All Best Cheap Socks
Table of Contents
- 1. Best Cheap Compression Socks
- How Does A Compression Sock Work To Ease Foot Pain And More?
- Different Kinds of Compression Socks
- Best Compression Sock Features
- Reviews: Cheap Compression Sock
- Bestpriceam Unisex Short Low Compression Socks Cheap Short Anti-Fatigue Compression Socks
- SOOVERKI Unisex Inexpensive Compression Socks Stylish Knee High Compression Socks
- Wishfly Unisex Med Graduated Compression Socks Affordable Medium Compression Socks
- Blitzu Unisex Affordable Pro Compressions Socks Swelling Relief Orthotic Compression Socks
- Physix Gear Support Unisex Compression Socks Professional Orthopedic Graduated Compression Socks
- 2. Best Cheap Wool Socks
- What Makes Wool the Best Cheap Sock Material?
- How to Tell If the Cheap Wool Sock is Good Quality
- Extraordinary Cheap Wool Sock Qualities
- Reviews: Cheap Wool Socks
- Fit Spirit Unisex Outdoor Wool Socks Cheap Itch-Free Wool Blend Socks for Hiking
- Meriwool Unisex Merino Wool Blend Socks Cheap Merino Wool Crew Socks
- Fun Toes Men's Lightweight Winter Wool Socks Cheap Wool Socks for Winter
- DG Hill Unisex Top Quality Thermal Socks Cheap Thermal Merino Wool Socks
- People Socks Unisex Cheap Merino Sock Pack Premium Inexpensive Merino Wool Ankle Socks
- Cikrilan Unisex Ultra Cheap Wool Socks Comfortable Cotton Wool Sock Blend
- 3. Best Cheap Dress Socks
- Different Types of Dress Socks
- Best Dress Sock Materials
- Top Cheap Dress Sock Features
- Cheap Dress Sock Reviews
- Fine Fit Unisex Dress Socks Cheap Everyday Cotton Dress Socks
- USBingoshop Men's Cotton Socks Bulk Pack of Ribbed Cotton Dress Socks
- Alpine Swiss Men's Dress Socks Stylish Patterened Cheap Cotton Dress Socks
- TeeHee Women's Secret Socks Cheap Comfortable No Show Dress Socks
- HBY Women's Ankle Socks Cheap Ultra Stretchy Silky Dress Socks
- Index Table: All Best Cheap Socks