Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Nothing keeps the cold out better than knee-high wool socks!
Read more to find out the best Wool knee-high socks for you, how they can benefit you, and some of the best knee-high sock features.
Table of Contents
- Benefits & Properties of Wool Socks
- Related Articles on Wool Socks
- Different Types of Wool Knee High Socks
- Features of a Good Wool Knee High Sock
- How We Test and Score Wool Knee High Socks
- Reviews: Best Wool Knee High Sock
- BoardroomSocks® Unisex Merino Wool Ribbed Reinforced Wool Knee High Socks
- Fox River® Women's Wool Knee High Socks Reinforced Wool Knee High Boot Socks
- Smart Wool® Unisex Wool Knee High Lifestyle Socks Arch Supportive Knee-High Fine Wool Socks
- Weierya® Unisex Winter Knee High Wool Socks
- Darn Tough® Men's Knee High Hiking Socks Wool Knee High Socks for Hiking
- Outdoormaster® Unisex Merino Wool Compression Socks Wool Knee High Medium Compression Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Outdoor Knee High Wool Socks
- Carhartt® Women's Outdoor Scene Wool Thigh High Socks
- Sumona® Unisex Cable Knit Thigh High Wool Socks
- Smartwool® Unisex PhD Outdoor Wool Knee Socks
- Wanderlust® Unisex Merino Knee High Wool Compression Socks
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Knee High Wool Socks
Benefits & Properties of Wool Socks
Wool as a fiber has been used for thousands of years in hot and cold climates worldwide. Wool has unique properties that benefit us in the following ways:
- Wool is one of the best insulation fibers. It can keep any part of your body at a constant temperature, which is ideal for all climates.
- Wool wicks moisture away quickly. Wool fibers are quick-drying and allow perspiration or accidental water in your shoes to dry very quickly.
- Wool is flame resistant. Wool has been used as an effective flame barrier in mattresses and other products, including socks and clothing.
- Wool is very comfortable. The soft feel of wool, particularly merino wool, will pamper your feet. Chunky wool will offer you mild arch support too.
- Wool lasts a long time. Wool is durable if you look after it properly. Traditionally wool shrinks if washed at a high temperature. Make sure to cold-wash wool in a gentle setting, and your wool socks will last for many years.
- Wool is hypoallergenic. Wool is an all-natural material that undergoes barely any synthetic refinement, making it entirely hypoallergenic and natural.
Related Articles on Wool Socks
- Wool Running Socks
- Merino Wool No Show Socks
- Best Cashmere Socks
- Wool Compression Socks
- Best Wool Knee High Socks
Different Types of Wool Knee High Socks
Wool knee-high socks are purchased for different purposes, depending on what type you need:
- Compression Socks – wool compression socks are orthopedic socks that confer a mild constriction of blood vessels in select areas on the calf, ankles, and foot. This compression gives pressure point relief as well as increases circulation. Bedridden patients, people with diabetes, nurses, travelers, athletes, and anyone on their feet all day, every day will benefit the most from wool compression socks.
- Boot Socks – wool boot socks don’t only look great, they are made to prevent blistering up the leg, and they keep you nice and warm.
- Crew Socks – knee-high wool crew socks are ideal for those out at sea or who work in very wet or cold conditions. Wool crew socks dry off quickly, keep your feet warm, and help you feel comfortable all day long while doing your job. Ideal for sailors, trawlers, or those who work at the harbor or on a ship.
- Running/Hiking Socks – Wool running or hiking socks are specialized to deal with excessive perspiration and heightened performance. Often these socks come with foot support, additional moisture-wicking properties, and a very lightweight design.
Features of a Good Wool Knee High Sock
If your knee-high wool socks have the below characteristics, consider them better than average wool socks!
- Dual Layer – more than one layer of fabric is a fantastic feature that enhances moisture elimination. The outer layer is often made of olefin (a rapid drying fiber), while the inner layer is insulating, quick-drying Wool. As soon as your feet sweat, the outer layer absorbs the moisture from the inner layer, keeping your feet dry while the outer layer wicks the moisture away quickly.
- Spandex – Spandex is an essential fiber that imparts a stretch quality to socks. If you have swollen legs or feet or are a larger individual, make sure your wool socks have a portion of spandex (also known as lycra) for the best fit results. Spandex also increases the comfort the sock imparts, and just as little as 1-10% can make a big difference!
- Arch Support – Foot support is vital for those who experience foot pain or plantar fasciitis daily. Having Wool knee-high socks and merino wool no-show socks will help the muscles from tiring out and allow for longer stretches of comfortable standing, walking, or running.
- Padding – some socks have soft padding under the sock, which contributes to redirecting shock away from the foot. This all in all makes for lighter stepping, less foot pain as well as a bounce to your step.
- Antibacterial – one of the main reasons we like to keep our feet dry is to avoid fungal and bacterial infections (e.g., Athlete’s Foot). Antibacterial fibers have been blended into socks to remove this problem. Those who wear their socks for longer than an 8-hour workday would do good to look into antibacterial or antimicrobial socks.
How We Test and Score Wool Knee High Socks
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 31 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Wool Knee High Socks, for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Thickness – We took note of the thickness of the fabric of all socks.
- Dual Layer – We checked if the fabric is double-layered, which can prevent blisters by reducing friction and wicking away moisture.
- Durability – We researched how long users are able to use these socks without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Anti-Bacterial – We analyzed how effectively the socks work to fight or resist bacteria.
- Moisture Wicking – We observed how dry or sweaty the socks left our feet after continuously wearing them for 12 hours.
Reviews: Best Wool Knee High Sock
Below is our selection of premium wool knee-high socks and their features! Look and see if you can find one that works for you.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- A soft and silky Merino Wool knee-high sock with a ribbed knit design.
- It is available in a few bold and neutral colors to choose from and comes in sets of three similar or different colors.
- A timeless and classic ribbed style is ideal for formal and casual occasions and situations.
- Very comfortable fit that will not slip off or bunch up in your shoes.
- It is designed and manufactured in the USA with excellent quality Merino wool.
- The Heel and toe are reinforced for better long-lasting durability.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Fox River® Women's Wool Knee High Socks Reinforced Wool Knee High Boot Socks
- This silky soft merino wool knee-high sock is made of a luxurious 62% merino wool combined with spandex for optimal comfort, fit, and durability.
- Ideal for those with moderately aching calves or feet, these wool socks confer a mild compression that alleviates pressure and keeps the socks in place all day.
- While wearing these socks, your heels and toes are securely padded, making it a breeze to walk through your day!
- One can wear these socks in Summer or in Winter (provided it does not make snow) due to the excellent moisture-wicking properties of merino wool.
- Memory knit construction keeps the sock in perfect shape, regardless of how you wash it.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Smart Wool® Unisex Wool Knee High Lifestyle Socks Arch Supportive Knee-High Fine Wool Socks
- These are a must-have pair of socks for those of us who are keen on an active lifestyle!
- The sock’s underside is arch-supportive, cushioning the feet’ arches and keeping them safe from direct impacts.
- Superior merino wool, nylon, and spandex blend ensures that these socks stay up all day without shifting on or chafing your legs.
- The seam of these socks is hidden so well that they are regarded as seamless socks.
- It is a perfect gift for anyone who enjoys hiking, bike rides, walking, running, or those who need to be on their feet most of the time. That’s why this is a must-purchase product.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Weierya® Unisex Winter Knee High Wool Socks
The KleeTrend Sock is perfect for icy weather conditions and outdoor activities.
- There are a few color selections available in these lovely knee-high socks.
- The socks comprise Wool and elastic material for warmth and comfort.
- These socks are designed specifically for icy weather conditions and outdoor sports like skiing and Hiking.
Darn Tough® Men's Knee High Hiking Socks Wool Knee High Socks for Hiking
- These knee-high socks are made of the best quality of merino wool globally, specially selected for hiking the most extreme trails!
- Worry not about over sweating in your hiking boot again – these socks have some of the best moisture-wicking qualities on the market.
- The fine gauge merino wool is inherently antimicrobial and antibacterial, making it an excellent choice for those who suffer from wet feet.
- The seamless design, as well as the stabilizing nylon fibers, allow you to step without fearing blisters.
- Underfoot cushioning redirects force away from the feet’ heels and arches, keeping you moving for longer without tiring out.
Outdoormaster® Unisex Merino Wool Compression Socks Wool Knee High Medium Compression Socks
- This cost-effective compression sock is a good middle-of-the-range compression sock, suitable to improve circulation and energy while on your feet.
- Structurally enhanced compression zones around the arches of the feet, the ankles, heels, and up the calf give the stimulation your blood vessels need.
- Reduce cramps and improve your performance as a nurse, doctor, traveler, athlete, bodybuilder, gymnast, runner, hiker, chef, diabetic, and more.
- These wool knee-high compression socks come with padding under the feet for added protection.
- Seamless and breathable, the socks will wick all the moisture off your feet, keeping them dry and blister-free.
- Ideal for those who have varicose veins or swellings need slightly less intense compression than standard medical compression socks.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Outdoor Knee High Wool Socks
- Durable knee-high socks made from Pure Merino wool Nylon and acrylic fibers for strength and warmth.
- Ideal for outdoor activities and designed for optimal performance.
- Available in neutral design options.
- Recommended by many mountaineers.
Carhartt® Women's Outdoor Scene Wool Thigh High Socks
- A soft and comfortable wool and acrylic sock that is machine washable.
- Wool lined for insulation and fas dry technology to move sweat away and keep you dry.
- Antimicrobial technology that fights odors.
- Reinforced toe and Heel and a cushioned sole for all-day comfort.
Sumona® Unisex Cable Knit Thigh High Wool Socks
- A comfortable thigh-high wool sock that is warm and cozy.
- Available in many bright and neutral colors to choose from as preferred.
- It offers a 9-11 men’s fit and 5-10 women’s healthy option.
- Warm and cozy with a comfortable fit.
Smartwool® Unisex PhD Outdoor Wool Knee Socks
The Smartwool Knee High Socks are Comfortable and ideal for heavy-duty and outdoor use.
- These socks comprise mostly Merino Wool and some Nylon and Elastane for Stretchabilitya and durability.
- The toe of the sock is virtually seamless for less irritation.
- The fit is over the calf and simple design.
- There is, unfortunately, only a black color option available.
Wanderlust® Unisex Merino Knee High Wool Compression Socks
The Wanderlust Knee High Wool Compression Socks are infused with Charcoal for odor resistance.
- Comprising Merino Wool and Elastic materials, these are super soft and durable.
- The Wool acts as insulation for colder weather.
- The infused Charcoal absorbs moisture and eliminates the door.s
- The socks are meticulously designed for optimal comfort with light compression.