Trail running is not as carefree as one might like to think! You need the right gear to frequently run in the wild, particularly the best pair of trail running socks.
Read further to learn more about the importance of maximum protection trail running socks, the best Trail running sock features, buying considerations, and our premium selection of the best Trail running socks for marathon runners.
Why Does One Need Special Socks for Trail Running?
Trail running is one of the best forms of training for marathon runners because they can run long distances without being impeded by traffic or people.
One needs to invest in the best possible pair of Trail running socks because Trail running usually involves wetting your shoes more often, sweating more, and enduring more on the feet.
Running outdoors in nature is different from running in the rain on a city street. Your shoes and socks absorb more impact, dirt, and moisture than usual.
Trail running socks are made to last long, enduring all the elements’ forms.
They are also necessary if you run in a cold environment to get rid of trapped moisture and maintain your temperature.
Excess moisture in your shoes degenerates your socks faster and can give you foot infections. Trail running socks are also necessary to avoid blistering yourself!
Related Articles on Running Socks
- Best Compression Socks for Running
- Knee High Running Socks
- Thin Running Socks
- Wool Running Socks
- The Best ASICS® Running Socks
- The Best Trail Running Socks
- Cold Weather Winter Running Socks
- Toe Socks for Running
Materials of a Trail Running Sock
The best buying consideration when you purchase Trail running socks is to look at the materials used to make the sock. Understanding a few different materials, what they achieve, and working together to form the best combinations will help you make your buying choice.
- Nylon – Nylon fibers in your Trail running socks will allow them to be more elastic, heat-resistant, melt as opposed to combust, and last for a very much longer time. Nylon can also hold its shape depending on the fibers woven together. Too much Nylon, however, can chafe or cause reactions.
- Olefin – Olefin allows your Trail running socks to dry out faster, as well as keeps your temperature constant. Putting anything with Olefin fibers into the dryer is not recommended, as the fibers will swell and become brittle. However, the olefin is very durable under Trail running conditions.
- Spandex – Spandex was named as such as an anagram of the word ‘expand.’ It is one of the most stretchy fabric fibers invented and imparts an elastic quality to our socks. Other names for spandex include Lycra and Elastane (commonly misinterpreted as separate materials but just called different names depending on what part of the world you’re in).
- Polyester – Polyester could be any of the above materials, as it refers to the group of synthetic fabrics made from polyurethane derivatives. All polyester fibers are antimicrobial; however, good ventilation is required for these socks, just like toe socks for running, as the moisture can accumulate and form infections.
Features of a Good Trail Running Sock
Here are 8 of the greatest Trail running sock features you need to know about!
- Padding – trail running is a high impact activity, which requires the right kind of foot support. Extra padding for your foot’s arches will help reduce injury and impact and act as a shock absorber.
- Compression – some trail hiking socks have the fancy extra feature of foot compression. Compression is when the sock is bound tighter at specific points to provide pressure relief.
- Seamless Socks – if your socks have seams, they should certainly not be used for running! Seams can easily cause friction and rub your feet raw until you form blisters. True Trail running socks will be seamless.
- Pressure Point Relief – some trail running socks are designed to alleviate pressure points with raised bumps, padded portions, or compression.
- Moisture Wicking – Trail running socks need to be able to wick away moisture because one cannot escape having sweaty feet on Trail runs!
- Anti-Slip Socks – running socks are specially designed to stay on your feet as best as possible, minimizing the chance that you will slip inside your shoes.
- Tight Fit – Make sure the sock you are getting fits your foot right, as well as your shoe. Usually, Trail running socks are not very thick, but you may want thicker socks if you are running in a cold climate.
- Comfort & Thread Count – the higher the thread count, the better the quality, and usually the more comfortable. The thread count is also a direct indication of the fibers’ thinness and ventilation in the sock.
Reviews: The Best Trail Running Socks
Please have a look at our premium selection of trail running socks below!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This Trail running sock is designed to fit tight and dry fast, ideal for running in the rain or mud.
- These socks can make all the difference to your game, with the added protection of the medium-sized footbed cushion to help absorb shock.
- The socks are designed for compression, taking added pressure off your feet.
- The mostly 50-50 nylon olefin fiber combination makes these socks lightweight, durable, moisture-wicking, and antimicrobial.
- This product will leave your feet blister-free, drier than usual, and feeling good.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Drymax® Unisex Quarter Running Socks Dry Fast Trail Running Socks for Runners
- These socks are designed to keep your feet odor-free, thanks to the MicroZap fibers woven into the fabric.
- 65% olefin means these socks will dry out at a rate comparable to swimwear!
- The dual moisture elimination system allows your feet to remain dry on the inner layer while the outer layer collects excess sweat.
- These Trail running socks offer medium-density footbed padding and are very comfortable.
- Skin fast tightness ensures a lightweight run without slipping in your shoes.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
MudGear® Unisex Compression Trail Socks Running Socks For Trail Runners
- This soft Trail running pair of socks is well equipped for running through muddy terrain or rainy weather.
- The top layer is ultra-ventilated and allows most sweat to evaporate.
- Designed to create a superior tight fit, these Trail running socks provide medium ankle compression and keep out all dirt or debris.
- You can run wearing these socks for miles without contracting blisters.
- These socks are 100% seamless and incredibly comfortable to wear.
- The lightweight polyester blend ensures you can run at the speeds you desire.
- Made in the USA.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
DryMax® Unisex Cool Weather Running Socks Four Fiber Cold Day Trail Running Socks
- These socks were designed to keep your feet dry in devastatingly cold weather.
- Protect your feet in seamless comfort from frostbite and blisters.
- These socks are made from 42% Olefin for optimal drying-out ability.
- The dual-layer moisture elimination technology allows the foot to stay dry inside while all the moisture escapes to the outer coating.
- Made in the USA and available in an assortment of colors.
- Lightweight and breathable, these socks are the best running companion for cold-weather trail runs.
PureAthlete® Unisex Secret Trail Socks Hidden Trail Running Ankle Socks
- These Trail running socks are made from select lightweight wool, perfect for comfort and durability.
- This Merino wool keeps your feet insulated to the perfect temperature, while a mesh layer on the top of the sock helps excess moisture escape.
- The materials used in this sock are guaranteed not to itch or cause blisters.
- These secret socks or ankle socks provide minor compression to ease pressure and keep the sock in place, preventing any slipping inside your shoes.
- Buy your trendy hidden ankle socks today and improve your trail running game!
Saucony® Women's River Quarter Trail Running Socks
Sturdy and comfortable Trail running socks from Saucony, a top sports brand.
- It is made from durable and breathable Polyester and spandex.
- Polyester is rapidly drying and wicks away moisture.
- Breathable mesh inserts and a comfortable seamless toe.
- Comes with contrasting patterns in a neutral color option.
Balega® Unisex Enduro Moisture Managing Trail Running Socks
The Balega Trail running Sock is a high endurance and moisture-managing tough sock.
- Medium volume construction.
- Made with Drymax moisture-wicking fibers.
- A non-constricting compression band.
- Sensitive rib top and an extra deep heel pocket for better support.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Trail Running Socks
A durable and robust Trail Running sock from Danish Endurance, the Merino Wool is made from excellent quality and insulating Merino Wool.
- It consists of Merino Wool, Acrylic, Nylon, and Elastane fibers.
- Insulating and warm for colder weather conditions.
- Very durable and soft with moisture-wicking capabilities.
- Ideal for the great outdoors.
- Offers mid-level cushioning.
Saucony® Women's Performance Thin Runners Socks
- Polyester and spandex durable running sock.
- RunDry moisture management and temperature control.
- Targeted Zone cushioning for cushioning in high-impact areas.
- Mesh ventilation enhances breathability.
- Excellent arch support and durability are ideal for outdoor and Trail running.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Outdoor Knee High Trail Running Socks
- A comfy and warm Merino wool sports sock for outdoor and Trail running.
- Knee-high protection and warmth are made from Merino Wool.
- Available in many bold and dark color selections.
- Recommended by mountaineers as an excellent outdoor, hiking, and Trail running sock.
Hanes® Unisex Fresh IQ Thick Knee High Trail Running Socks
- A comfortable and breathable knee-high Trail running sock.
- Available in a black or white color selection.
- Reinforced toe and heel area, a stay-up top design, and a comfortable toe seam.
- Fresh IQ advanced odor control technology and is fully machine-washable.
Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Light Wool Trail Running Socks
The Danish Endurance ankle-length sock is durable and light for running in cooler weather and outdoor trails.
- The lightweight socks comprise warm and insulating Merino wool and elastic fabrics.
- The Merino Wool offers excellent insulator properties for cold weather and wicking away moisture.
- There are a few color options that you can select from as you need.
- The design is a lower-cut ankle sock that will fit well with athletic shoes.
Thorlos® Unisex KX Breathable Trail Running Socks
The Thorlos Hiking and Trail running sock is tough and padded for your comfort.
- The ankle-length sock comprises Acrylic wool, Nylon, and Elastic materials for stretchability and breathability.
- The Acrylic fibers offer excellent comfort and durability and help wick away moisture.
- There are a few color options from which you can select available.
- The ankle length is ideal for all weather conditions and athletic shoe types.
HUSO® Unisex Athletic Fun Print Trail Running Socks
From Huso, we also have an excellent choice in Trail running socks.
- These socks are perfect for running, Trail running, and even hiking.
- The construction is durable and offers a comfortable Premium fit with a seamless design.
- The Sorbtek fiber technology wicks away moisture, keeping you dry and cool.
- The sock also has support features such as light compression in the arch for arch support and a padded underfoot for shock absorbency.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Trail Running Socks
Table of Contents
- Why Does One Need Special Socks for Trail Running?
- Related Articles on Running Socks
- Materials of a Trail Running Sock
- Features of a Good Trail Running Sock
- Reviews: The Best Trail Running Socks
- Swiftwick® Unisex Trail Running Socks Olefin-Nylon Compression Trail Running Socks
- Drymax® Unisex Quarter Running Socks Dry Fast Trail Running Socks for Runners
- MudGear® Unisex Compression Trail Socks Running Socks For Trail Runners
- DryMax® Unisex Cool Weather Running Socks Four Fiber Cold Day Trail Running Socks
- PureAthlete® Unisex Secret Trail Socks Hidden Trail Running Ankle Socks
- Saucony® Women's River Quarter Trail Running Socks
- Balega® Unisex Enduro Moisture Managing Trail Running Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Trail Running Socks
- Saucony® Women's Performance Thin Runners Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Outdoor Knee High Trail Running Socks
- Hanes® Unisex Fresh IQ Thick Knee High Trail Running Socks
- Danish Endurance® Unisex Merino Wool Light Wool Trail Running Socks
- Thorlos® Unisex KX Breathable Trail Running Socks
- HUSO® Unisex Athletic Fun Print Trail Running Socks
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Trail Running Socks