Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Generally, the last thing you will think to wear in those hot summer months is socks. Socks for summer may not be an option when it’s sandal weather, but there may be some instances where you will need to wear socks in summer.
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Wear Socks in Summer
- Benefits of Socks for Summer
- Related Articles on Health Socks
- Features of Good Summer Socks
- Reviews: The Best Summer Socks
- Index Table: Top Rated Summer Socks
Why Should You Wear Socks in Summer
It is never a good idea to wear closed-style shoes such as sneakers or athletic shoes without socks, not even in summer. So if you are not wearing a pair of open sandals, you should rather be wearing socks.
It may seem that socks will make your feet sweat and make them hot, but on the contrary, they will keep your feet cool and dry in your shoes.
Here are a few reasons why wearing socks with your shoes in the summer is ideal;
- Prevents Sweaty Feet – Summer socks keep your feet dry and cool. They breathe to allow fresh air to circulate and keep your feet well-ventilated. Moisture-wicking technology and materials absorb moisture and draw it away from your feet.
- Protects Your Feet – Socks protect your feet inside your shoes from friction that can cause blisters and hot spots. They also keep your feet dry, whereas the materials in shoes could cause overheating and sweating.
- Wicks Away Moisture – Most summer socks are designed with technology to wick away moisture and prevent bacteria growth, which in turn can cause bad odors.
- Smoother Skin – When wearing socks, your skin is protected from many elements. Everything from sunburn to scrapes, pollution dirt, and becoming dry. You have most likely noticed how cracked your helps become when wearing flip flops.
- Mental Health – Some people show off their personality and love wearing fun sock prints. It is a fashion statement and something unique to their personality.
Benefits of Socks for Summer
So besides these reasons, what other benefits do wearing socks in the summer bring?
You may think that the sole reason for wearing socks is to keep your feet warm during colder weather in closed shoes. However, this could not be farther from the truth, yes they are a warm option for winter, but summer socks also have their benefits and can be worn with closed style summer shoes and sandals in some cases.
The summer design socks are also less warm in design and keep your feet from sweating and becoming overheated.
- Summer socks can protect your feet against the sun and prevent them from tanning and becoming sunburnt.
- Your feet will stay much cleaner.
- You can keep up with fashion trends with any outfit and shoes wearing the right socks.
- Summer socks are designed to cool your feet and ventilate them.
- Summer socks absorb moisture and wick it away to keep your feet dry.
- They also prevent foot odor.
- They are ideal for running and exercise to prevent friction and keep your feet dry.
- They protect your shoes from sweat rubbing off on them.
Related Articles on Health Socks
- Best Socks for Sleeping
- Best Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Best Socks for Dry Cracked Feet
- Best Socks for Bunions to Provide Quick Relief
- Bamboo Diabetic Socks
- Best Summer Socks
- Reflexology Socks
Features of Good Summer Socks
These are the features of good summer socks according to their materials;
- Cotton Socks – Cotton is usually of the if the most popular choices for socks. It offers average breathability and moisture-wicking capability. Cotton is soft, natural, and hypoallergenic.
- Wool Socks – Wool socks are one of the best options for absorbency and wicking away moisture. They are quite breathable and very durable. A natural material that will have to be treated not to feel scratchy against the skin.
- Bamboo Socks – Bamboo is very absorbent, antibacterial, and natural. They are hypoallergenic and very soft. Bamboo also has a very high breathability and moisture-wicking rating.
- Flax/Linen Socks – Flax and Linen’s socks are the most breathable. However, they do not wick away and absorb moisture much. They can be very strong and soft and ideal for sensitive skin.
- Olefin/Drymax Socks – Olefin socks are much softer and more durable than polyester. They wick away moisture and breathable well, and they are also hypoallergenic.
- Nylon Socks – Nylon is generally breathable and moisture-wicking. They are quite soft and durable and also ideal for sensitive skin.
- Polyester Socks – Polyester is a synthetic material that breathes well, wicks away moisture, and is incredibly soft and durable, as well as affordable.
Reviews: The Best Summer Socks
We hope you love the cushioned socks we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The Adidas Climacool is a low-cut sock that is ideal for summer.
- They have moisture-wicking yarn to keep your feet cool and dry.
- The socks have acrylic, polyester, and nylon fibers with spandex for stretch.
- There are also rubber Traxion grips on the footbed for enhanced grip and stability,
- The socks have arch compression for a more secure fit.
Thorlos® Unisex LRMXM Thin Cushioned Socks
- For Thorlos, we have the perfect men’s summer socks.
- These are polyester and nylon socks that are cushioned.
- They gave Thorlo light padding for underfoot cushioning and a cushioned arch.
- The socks consist of breathable and moisture-wicking materials to keep you cool and dry.
Nike® Unisex Performance Summer Socks
- The Nike Performance socks are crew length socks for summer,
- They are cotton, nylon, and spandex with moisture-wicking technology.
- The light cushioning is ideal for comfort and support,
- The Dri-Fit technology helps your feet to stay dry and comfortable.
Gold Toe® Unisex Cotton Summer Socks
- The Gold Toe socks have cooling technology for summer.
- They are cotton and nylon crew socks with a cushioned foot for comfort,
- The AquaFX moisture control technology jeeps your feet dry and cool.
- The socks are available in more colors and multi-pairs.
Hanes® Unisex FreshIQ Summer Socks
- The Hanes sock for men is also ideal for summer.
- They have FreshIQ technology that prevents odor and moisture build-up.
- The socks ate light and cool with polyester and nylon.
- There are also more sizes available, from which you can choose.
Thorlos® Unisex KX Summer Hiking Socks
- From Thorlos, we have the KX max summer socks.
- These socks are ideal for summer hikes and walking.
- They have Thor-Lon fibers that wick away moisture to keep your feet dry and cool.
- They are also cushioned for comfort and support to reduce impact and strain on your feet when running or walking.
Index Table: Top Rated Summer Socks
|1||Adidas Unisex Climacool - Summer Socks||Adidas||98.2|
|2||Thorlos Unisex LRMXM - Thin Cushioned Socks||Thorlos||98|
|3||Nike Unisex Performance - Summer Socks||Nike||97|
|4||Gold Toe Unisex Cotton - Summer Socks||Gold Toe||97|
|5||Hanes Unisex FreshIQ - Summer Socks||Hanes||97.5|
|6||Thorlos Unisex KX - Summer Hiking Socks||Thorlos||97.5|