Sweaty Feet can be quite embarrassing, not to mention highly uncomfortable, and causing bad odors and fungus.
For the most part, the most likely cause of your smelly and sweaty feet may come down to one thing, and that is a poor choice in socks.
Even for many other reasons causing your feet to become sweaty, a good pair of socks can still make a huge difference.
Materials in Socks to Avoid When You Have Sweaty Feet
When it comes down to choosing socks to combat those sweaty and smelly feet, the main issue that you need to address is the materials that your socks are made of.
Some sock materials can cause and aggravate sweaty feet, causing them to overheat and even absorb moisture and odors, which increase the moisture in your shoes and cause bad odors.
Needless to say that you also need to get the best shoes for sweaty feet to cover all of the issues with your sweaty feet
So here are a few materials in socks that you should most definitely avoid at all times;
- Cotton – Who would have thought that this natural material could be a likely culprit, and like most individuals, your socks drawer likely consists of manly cotton socks, as they are the most desirable and available option. Well, Cotton is one of the main reasons behind sweaty and smelly feet. Cotton is a light and comfortable, even said to be breathable material yet, cotton fibers absorb moisture and do not allow the moisture to be evaporated back into the air outside the sock. Cotton retains heat instead of insulating like wool, and heat results in sweat, odor, and bacteria, which in turn gets absorbed by the Cotton and kept there until you wash your socks.
- Synthtic Fibers – Old-school synthetic fibers such as POLYESTER, PLASTIC, and NYLON are also used in most socks as a cheaper alternative. These three fibers do not breathe at all, which causes very hot and humid feet and, in turn, sweat. They also do not absorb the sweat, which can be even more uncomfortable. Luckily, these fibers are more technical and can be greatly blended with other fibers to improve their sweat and odor resistance. Yet, I would still stay clear of these fibers’ old-fashioned forms.
Materials to Opt for in Socks for Sweaty Feet
So what are the materials that you should look for in a good sock for sweaty feet?
Mainly, as we have mentioned, stay clear of materials that only absorb moisture and go for materials that WICK AWAY moisture instead. This means that the material absorbs the moisture and draws it away from the surface of your skin, releasing it into the air.
Many natural and synthetic fibers have the ability to do this, here are only a few;
- DryMax – This is a special brand of socks for smelly feet that made from specially engineered and infused Olefin fibers, which are also treated with antimicrobial treatments at a molecular level. The treatment and infusions are completely non-toxic and very long-lasting. DryMax fibers wick away moisture and vents for airflow and keep a comfortable springiness without becoming stiff.
- Olefin – The fiber described to create DryMax socks, which won the Noble prize in 1963 for being extremely strong, lightweight and quick-drying, as well as stain and soil-resistant. Olefin fibers are comfortable to wear. They repel water and wick away moisture from your feet. This material is also HYDROPHOBIC, meaning moving sweat away from your feet faster than any other synthetic material on the planet.
- CoolMax – CoolMax is a polyester-based Technical fabric that is developed specifically for its moisture-wicking capabilities. And yes, we did say that you should avoid polyester, but it has been enhanced and blended to be more breathable and moisture-wicking in this case. Blended with spandex and Cotton, this material is also shrinking resistant and helps create warmth, better suited for colder conditions. Coolmax was created to improve breathability while still keeping you cozy and comfortable greatly.
- Polyester – Modern enhanced Polyester fibers are extremely durable, soft, and quick-drying as well as wrinkle-resistant, though they are on the no-go list, some new innovative technologies have recreated this fiber to be super breathable and absorbent.
- Merino Wool – Last on the list, and your best option when ;looking for a natural fiber. Merino wool can absorb up to 30% of moisture in its own weight without actually feeling wet, and it also wicks away moisture absorbed into the air fast and effectively. Merino wool likewise has the unique ability to INSULATE while not trapping heat; thus, it keeps your feet cool when it’s hot and warm when it is cold. Because it is a thick fiber, it is highly absorbent and durable, though still extremely breathable and moisture-wicking. Merino Wool also dries very quickly, and it is naturally antibacterial, so it will not cause any odors.
Features of a Good Socks for Sweaty Feet
- It consists of enhanced Polyester fibers, merino Wool, or other fibers.
- DryMax or Coolmax technologies for moisture-wicking.
- Ventilation holes.
- Seam-free and anti-chafing and blister technologies.
- Cushioned or arch support.
- Color and length options.
Reviews: The Best Socks for Sweaty Feet
We have chosen some of the top brands and models that are the most sought after for saweaty Feet;
The DryMax R-Gear Crew sock is a medium cushioned, super moisture-wicking, and breathable sock ideal for sweaty feet.
- The Dry-Max technology consists of dual layers of moisture-wicking knit finers that move moisture away from your feet.
- There are no other materials or Cotton in the fibers that can cause a blister, and the socks are seam-free, so no chafing or irritation.
- It offers a very comfortable fit that will not slip.
- It is cushioned with medium underfoot cushioning for support and comfort.
- Available in Black with a red logo.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Darn Tough Coolmax technology sock comes in two colorful color options in a crew sock design with superb moisture-wicking and cooling capabilities.
- A perfect performance fit will not slip or bunch and will not cause blisters or chafing, which is perfect for everyday use.
- There are undetectable seams for an ultra-smooth and invisible feel.
- The Fine Guage knitting improves durability, and the is fast-acting moisture-wicking technology to keep your feet dry.
- Naturally antibacterial and repels odors.
- The Coolmax technology is designed to move moisture away from your skin and dry quickly in warmer conditions.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
A stunning and lightweight Merino Wool Crew sock for the ladies is available in many colors in a lovely striped pattern.
- It consists of a blend of Mainly Merino wool and some Nylon and Elastane for elasticity.
- Incredibly durable and lightweight sicks that are built for performance.
- It offers a women’s specific comfortable fit that s slightly trimmer.
- Very light cushioning for comfort and highly moisture-wicking.
- It aids in regulating temperatures, and merino wool is naturally antibacterial.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- It is made with a blend of Cotton, Spandex and Polyester, and Nylon with technologies designed to wick away moisture and keep your feet dry.
- Machine washable and quick-drying, as well as very durable fibers.
- There is additional Arch compression support and stability.
- Ventilation channels enhance airflow, and there is a reinforced toe and heel.
Another superb addition from DryMax is their sports edition ankle sock, which is ideal for wearing all athletic shoes and even casual sneakers for everyday wear.
- A short, low-profile no-show design sock ideal for wearing athletic shoes and sneakers.
- Dual layers of moisture-wicking fabric closely knit and move moisture away from your feet.
- Highly durable and will not cause blisters at all.
- Seam and chafe-free with a comfortable fit and slight underfoot cushioning.
- Available in black or tan color variations for men and women.
The People Socks Premium Merino Wool Socks come with added arch support in a set of four socks.
- It is made from 7!% Merino wool, 21% Nylon, 7% Polyester, and 1% Spandex for elasticity.
- Easily machine washable and shrink in the dryer, so rather opt for air drying.
- Different sizes and color options are available to choose from.
- The Wool and Nylon blend is itch and irritation-free and will retain durability.
- There is shaped cushioning in the footbed for arch support.
- These socks are constructed with a blend of 70% Combed Cotton, 27% Polypropylene 3% Spandex.
- They are suitable for machine washing in cold water.
- The socks come with elastic arch support, a back heel tab, as well as a ventilation mesh at the top.
- They are lightweight, breathable, moisture-absorbing, and anti-odor.
- These socks are made with a blend of 52% Cotton, 45% Polyester, and 3% Spandex.
- The premium quality socks bind soft Cotton and high-tech Polyester to result in soft socks that retain their shape for a long time.
- They are breathable, flexible, and form-fitting.
- The special fiber transports away swear to keep the feet dry and reduce and control odor.
- These socks come in a quarter-high crew size for both men and women.
- The soft socks are designed with a cushioned sole to keep the feet comfortable throughout the day.
- These Bamboo socks are naturally antimicrobial and antibacterial and keep the feet odor-free.
- They are moisture-wicking, breathable, lightweight, and eco-friendly.
- These socks are constructed with a blend of Combed Cotton, Polypropylene with Titanium, along with 3% Spandex for extra flexibility.
- The titanium infused in the yarn releases ions to remove foot odor.
- These socks are breathable, stretchable, soft, and moisture-wicking.
- The Polypropylene in these socks conducts sweat and moisture away from the feet to keep them fresh and dry throughout.
Index Table: Top Rated Socks for Sweaty Feet
|1||DryMax Unisex R-gear - Crew Socks for Sweaty Feet||DryMax||97.25|
|2||Darn Tough Unisex Coolmax - Socks for Sweaty Feet||Darn Tough||97|
|3||Smartwool Women's Margarita - Wool Socks for Sweaty Feet||Smartwool||94.75|
|4||Dickies Unisex Dri-Tech - Socks for Sweaty Feet||Dickies||96|
|5||DryMax Unisex Sport - Socks for Sweaty Feet||DryMax||98|
|6||People Socks Unisex Premium - Merino Wool Socks for Sweaty Feet||People Socks||98|
|7||Toes&Feet Men's Deodorant - Quick-Dry Socks||Toes&Feet||97.6|
|8||GKX Men's Heavy Duty - Moisture Control Socks||GKX||97.2|
|9||BAMBOO SPORTS Unisex Soft - Anti-Sweat Socks||BAMBOO SPORTS||95.7|
|10||TISOKS Unisex Titanium - Anti Odor Socks||TISOKS||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Materials in Socks to Avoid When You Have Sweaty Feet
- Materials to Opt for in Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Features of a Good Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Reviews: The Best Socks for Sweaty Feet
- DryMax® Unisex R-gear Crew Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Darn Tough® Unisex Coolmax Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Smartwool® Women's Margarita Wool Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Dickies® Unisex Dri-Tech Socks for Sweaty Feet
- DryMax® Unisex Sport Socks for Sweaty Feet
- People Socks® Unisex Premium Merino Wool Socks for Sweaty Feet
- Toes&Feet® Men's Deodorant Quick-Dry Socks
- GKX® Men's Heavy Duty Moisture Control Socks
- BAMBOO SPORTS® Unisex Soft Anti-Sweat Socks
- TISOKS® Unisex Titanium Anti Odor Socks
- Index Table: Top Rated Socks for Sweaty Feet