You make a habit of washing your feet regularly; you take your shoes off as often as possible; you have used almost every brand and type of foot powder and deodorizer on the market; to no avail, your feet still smell pretty bad.
Well, if this is how you feel, have you ever considered SOCKS to combat your smelly feet?
With so many wonderful materials and technologies out there today, you are bound to find the perfect sock to combat those foot-odors as well, and here is how;
Socks To Avoid and to Get
Since most footwear and sock types tend to trap heat and moisture, which is the ideal playground for bacteria as well, not to mention, no wonder your feet have that awful cheesy smell at the end of the day.
After all of this, the solution is so practical, wear the Right Shoes and Socks!!
Changing the type of socks you wear day in day out can help cure sweaty feet.
So what Should and Should you not wear when it comes to SOCKS for stinky feet?;
- Tight Socks – If your socks are tight-fitting they most definitely sweat much more than a looser fit.
- Synthtic Materails – Most synthetic fabrics such as Polyester, Nylon, and Plastic do not allow sweat to evaporate or be absorbed, thus causing bad odors.
- Cotton – Though not the best, cotton socks breathe much better and absorb sweat, unlike synthetic materials. The only issue with cotton is that it absorbs moisture rather than repelling it.
- Wool – Wool, particularly Merino wool, is ideal as it breathes and actually repels moisture away from your feet.
What To Look for in The Perfect Anti Odor Socks
Like today, you are in luck, as today there is a broad range of sock types and makes available, which all reduce odor and sweat effectively.
There are likewise different materials and technologies used in odor-controlling Sock brands and models that have proven extremely valuable;
- Moisture Wicking Socks – The difference here is that the materials in the sock do not absorb sweat and moisture but rather lets it evaporate and draws it away from your feet. As we all know, sweat and moisture are the number one cause of foot odor because of bacterial growth.
- Merino Wool Socks – Merino Wool socks have the unique ability to keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. They can likewise absorb a lot of moisture and draw it away from your feet, so they still feel dry. Merino wool also dries quickly and is naturally antibacterial and odor resistant.
- CoolMax Socks – This is a technology used in socks that is available in a few different brand names. Coolmax is designed for socks for standing all day to draw moisture away from your feet and keep them cool and dry for long hours of standing. This is done by designing Polyester fibers to have an enlarged surface channel to draw moisture away from the feet.
- DryMax Socks – DryMax material is made out of Olefin polyester, and elastane, and Nylon, all those synthetic fibers we just warned you about but wait, the technology here also draw moisture away from the feet, keeping them fresh and dry.
- Copper Infused Socks – The copper infused into the rest of your socks’ fibers has a natural ability to kill the bacteria that causes odor in the first place.
- Bamboo Fiber Socks – Although Bamboo fibers do not wick away moisture, bamboo is so absorbent that moisture will not affect your feet, Bamboo also has thermal regulating properties keeping you cool in summer in warm in winter, which reduces the risk of bacterial growth.
- Silver Ion Socks – Silver Nano Particles are woven into the threads of the socks, which has anti-bacterial and refreshing properties because it kills all bacterias and microbes and reduces and absorbing odors.
Features of a Good Anti Stink Socks for Smelly Feet
- Infused with Copper, Silver, or anti-microbial agents.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- It is made from natural cotton, wool, or improved technology synthetic fibers.
- Color and size option availability.
- Bamboo options are also an excellent choice.
Reviews: The Best Socks for Smelly Feet
Here is listed some of the top options in socks that prevent and reduce odor in sweaty feet;
Bamboo is a naturally odor-resistant, moisture absorbing, and anti-bacterial material ideal for sweaty and smelly feet socks.
- Available in pastel and neutral color selections for ladies.
- It is made with 80% bamboo fiber and elastic materials.
- Bamboo is more durable than cotton, more comfortable, and more odor-resistant than polyester.
- Machine washable and quick drying.
- A soft and comfortable sock for everyday wear that will control odors.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Comfortable compression fit athletic sock with Silver Technology that protects you against odors and bacteria.
- It is available in many neutral and bright, and bold color selections for both men and women.
- Compression fit with no show design, ideal for sports and running.
- Anti-Microbial and silver treated to prevent odors and bacteria from developing.
- A seamless comfort toe design and minimal chafing.
- It also offers medium volume underfoot cushioning for comfort and shock absorbency.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
This is a comfortable cushioned Odor-Resistant and deodorized sock for men.
- Made from 85% combed cotton with 10% silver infused and 5 % Nylon and spandex for elasticity.
- Easily machine washable in cold water and quick drying.
- It comes in a pack of five pairs with some color availability.
- It is blended with antimicrobial and odor-controlling silver technology fibers.
- Excellent stretchability and breathability.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Darn Tough Hiker sock is a sturdy and durable sock ideal for hiking or outdoor activities and will drastically minimize sweat and odors.
- Merino Wool is naturally absorbing and eliminates odor.
- Made from 61% merino wool, 36% Nylon and 3% Lycra spandex for elasticity.
- Very durable and sturdy as well as breathable and cooling.
- It allows for proper ventilation and keeps feet dry and odor-free.
- Available in a few color selections for you to choose from.
From Pure Atletic, we have the ideal sock for those who enjoy running and walking, with the issue of smelly and sweaty feet.
- Made from premium Merino wool and spandex.
- Merino Wool is very durable and will not scratch or cause itching.
- Merino wool also has hydrophobic properties meaning that it helps to repel moisture away from the feet, keeping them dry and odor-free.
- A cushioned and anti-blister structure and technology with moisture-wicking capabilities.
- Available in some color selections to choose from.
A cooling and moisture-wicking sock will also keep those nasty odors at bay.
- Made from 57% Coolmax fibers, 20% Nylon and 19%Endourofil, along with 4% Lycra for flexibility.
- The Coolmax fibers are combined with Endurofill for a softer and more delicate feel against the skin.
- Four-channel construction draws moisture away from the skin, which prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
- Endurofil is a thermal yarn that is combined with Eduro-Wool and Merino Wool for durability and moisture-wicking capabilities,
- The Lycra fibers ensure elasticity for a better fit.
- Some color options are available for your perusal.
An extremely lightweight Merino Wool fiber sock with excellent moisture-wicking and odor-controlling properties is natural.
- A highly breathable and durable Crew Length sock has been handcrafted from the finest Merino wool for everyday wear.
- The top is seamless, so there is no friction or irritation; there is no cushioning.
- Machine washable and quick-drying fabric.
- Crew length protects and comforts the legs and feet.
- Ultra Lightweight and moisture-wicking to prevent the growth of odor-causing bacterias.
- These socks are made with a blend of 98% Polyester, 2% Spandex.
- They provide dynamic arch support to help reduce foot fatigue.
- The socks employ a unique Anti-odor technology to keep your feet from smelling bad after a long day.
- It is also moisture-wicking and cushioned for added comfort.
- These socks are made with the softest Bamboo for a comfortable experience.
- Bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-microbial and is designed to keep your feet odor-free.
- They are moisture-wicking, with a bamboo mesh top for optimum ventilation.
- These socks are lightweight, breathable, and perfect for athletes.
- These socks are made with a premium blend of 70% Combed Cotton, 27% Polypropylene with titanium, and 3% spandex for extra stretchability.
- They are infused with Titanium, which releases ions to prevent and erase foot odors.
- The socks are also designed to keep the feet dry and warm throughout the day.
- It is breathable, moisture-wicking, and ultra-smooth.
Index Table: Top Rated Socks for Smelly Feet
|1||Serisimple Women's Casual - Bamboo Smelly Feet Socks||Serisimple||98|
|2||Balega Unisex Silver - Silver Technology Socks for Smelly Feet||Balega||97.25|
|3||Toes&Feet Men's Deoderant - Stinky Feet Socks||Toes&Feet||96|
|4||Darn Tough Unisex - Odor Control Socks||Darn Tough||98|
|5||Pure Athlete Unisex Merino - Smelly Feet Socks||Pure Athlete||97|
|6||Bridgedale Unisex Ultra Light - Smelly Feet Coolmax Liner Socks||Bridgedale||97|
|7||Wigwam Unisex Airlite - Merino Wool Odor Control Socks||Wigwam||98|
|8||Under Armour Unisex Resistor 3.0 - Anti-Odor Socks||Under Armour||97.6|
|9||BAMBOO SPORTS B Unisex No Show - Bamboo Socks||BAMBOO SPORTS B||97.2|
|10||Tisoks Unisex Titanium - Anti Odor Socks||Tisoks||96.7|
Table of Contents
- Socks To Avoid and to Get
- What To Look for in The Perfect Anti Odor Socks
- Features of a Good Anti Stink Socks for Smelly Feet
- Reviews: The Best Socks for Smelly Feet
- Serisimple® Women's Casual Bamboo Smelly Feet Socks
- Balega® Unisex Silver Silver Technology Socks for Smelly Feet
- Toes&Feet® Men's Deoderant Stinky Feet Socks
- Darn Tough® Unisex Odor Control Socks
- Pure Athlete® Unisex Merino Smelly Feet Socks
- Bridgedale® Unisex Ultra Light Smelly Feet Coolmax Liner Socks
- Wigwam® Unisex Airlite Merino Wool Odor Control Socks
- Under Armour® Unisex Resistor 3.0 Anti-Odor Socks
- BAMBOO SPORTS B® Unisex No Show Bamboo Socks
- Tisoks® Unisex Titanium Anti Odor Socks
- Index Table: Top Rated Socks for Smelly Feet