The best socks for football are called so because they are loaded with a lot of benefits that allow the wearer to perform better on the field. Besides, socks must also solve the purpose of looking aesthetic as well as reduce friction between the feet and shoes.
But to save your time hunting for the perfect socks for your football game, we have carefully compiled a list here. Also, take time to read through the best fabric and buying considerations for these socks.
Best fabrics for Socks for Football
The fabrics of football socks have quite an impact on sock’s performance. So here is a brief list of the best ones that you must go to for your next match.
- Cotton – Cotton is the most commonly used natural fabric for football socks. This is for the reason that it has excellent moisture absorbing power. However, it is also blended with some synthetic fibers to add elasticity and durability to the socks.
- Polyester – Polyester socks, on the other hand, are one of the most durable fabrics for socks for football. Football socks featuring this fabric are generally engineered to be breathable and moisture-wicking, unlike cotton’s moisture absorbing.
- Nylons – Nylons are the strongest fibers and are usually blended in minor ratios to add durability and strength to the football socks.
- Spandex – Spandex, along with other fabrics like Elastane, are used to add elasticity to the socks so that they stay in place without digging into the skin. Also, the socks do not fit tight or lousy and wrap around the feet snugly.
Buying Consideration for Socks for Football
Check out these aspects of football socks that you must check before buying a pair for yourself or a loved one.
- Size – no one wishes for socks that either make the feet feel choked or that are lousy enough to distract them all through the game. Therefore checking the size must be of utmost importance.
- Color – The color of the socks depends on the kind of game you play or the dress that you wear while playing. The socks must compliment your football dress rather than making it pop out.
- Length – Though most football socks are preferred to be in over the calf lengths to accommodate shin guards. There could still be some options available to you. So check them and then choose an appropriate length.
- Fabric – Depending on whether you are playing in a cold area or the warner one, you must choose a fabric that suits the needs of your feet.
- Arch Support / Compression – Is you face issues like frequent muscle fatigue or foot sores go for socks for football that come with added arch and heel support, or compression around the calf area.
How to take care of Socks for Football
Just purchasing the socks is not enough. Once bought, you must also be able to take good care of the socks that they last long and also continue to perform.
- Wash Regularly – The best way to deal with all the dirty dust, mud, and grime is to wash the socks, preferably after each game. Also, use cold water and do not bleach the sock fabrics.
- Use mild detergents – The socks for football are mostly made of quality fabrics, and feature cushioned footbeds and support around arch and heel. So to avoid being harsh and maintain these benefits of the socks, they must preferably be washed with mild detergents only.
- See that Socks are dry – Never toss wet or humid socks into your drawers. Ensure that they are dry after washing, and when you are about to wear them to a game.
- Check Label – The Label of all the socks will contain instructions for cleaning them. So make it a point to check them in advance, because the pair that you buy might need some special care procedures.
Reviews: Best Socks for Football
Here are the best socks for football that will help you concentrate on the game, and deliver your best. However, please note that for every purchase made via links on this page, we may earn a part of the sales, with no extra charges on you.
- The Matari football socks are made from a fine blend of 72% cotton and 28% nylon. Thus it has an adequate level of moisture absorbing as well as elasticity that keeps it in place.
- This one size fits most sock features Y-direction reinforcement to keep the feet comfy all through the game.
- Besides, air permeability is also high, making it an excellent option for you if you have excessively sweaty feet.
- The natural weaving has been done by unique technology to ensure that the sock fabric doesn’t pill, or slip, in the show.
- It is adequately thickened to keep your legs and feet safe and secure.
- Under Armour, socks are one of the coolest soccer socks to put on. Its classic black color combined with the strategically placed brand logo and arch support that reduces foot fatigue.
- The moisture-wicking materials keep the feet dry for long hours of play and also prevent the formation of blisters. Dry feet means more stamina to perform and less irritation.
- Besides, the kit also kills odor-causing bacteria in the feet so that they won’t stink afterward.
- The strategic cushioning protects the high impact areas of the feet when you will be in action.
- The TCK Sports Elite soccer socks come with additional cross stretch for accommodating shin guards.
- Though it chiefly features Polypropylene fabric, it is also blended with Nylon, Elastic, Lycra, and Spandex for additional elasticity and comfort.
- The fabric of these football socks is also designed to wick moisture from your feet to keep them dry and blister-free.
- It also controls odor formation and prevents the build-up of microbes on the feet.
- The ergonomic cushioning and arch support along with Heel & Toe Construction protects the feet from getting fatigued very soon.
- Also, the Double welt top keeps the socks in place without digging into your skin.
- It is available in multiple color options so that you will have plenty of choices with this brand.
- The Adidas Rivalry Field OTC socks are another great gem for soccer players and are chiefly made of Polyester fabric. For additional support, the socks are blended with Nylon, Spandex and Natural Latex Rubber
- Besides, these are absolutely easy to maintain. You may feel free to wash it in a machine, though with like colors to add to its durability and usage.
- The moisture-wicking polyester fabric keeps the feet free from sweat for long hours, while the Arch and ankle compression, apart from footbed cushioning, saves feet from getting tired on the field.
- These socks for football are available in many color variants.
- If you are looking for socks for football in bright and cheerful colors, here is the best one.
- Apart from the cool looks, the fabric of the socks features 46% nylon and 27% cotton, with elastic and spandex as remainder contents.
- Besides, the fabric is crafted by a multi-layer process to make it breathable and moisture-wicking and soothe muscle fatigue.
- The thickened towel bottom is inserted to make the football socks sweat absorbing, as well as water-resistant.
- Plus, the compression improves blood circulation in the feet and calf area for better performance.
- Nike’s match fit cushioned socks for football are all you need for an all rounder performance.
- The socks feature articulated superior footbeds that retain energy in the feet area.
- Besides, the reinforced heel and toe provide durability to socks in the high impact areas as well as protect the feet from friction with the shoe.
- The best part of these socks is that they are constructed with left-right specific feet designs for a comfortable and secure grip.
Index Table: Top-Rated Socks for Football
|1||Matari Unisex Cotton - Premium Football Socks||Matari||98.8|
|2||Under Armour Unisex Anti Odor - Socks for Soccer||Under Armour||98|
|3||TCK Unisex Polypropylene - Socks for Football||TCK||98|
|4||Adidas Unisex Polyester - Comfortable Soccer Socks||Adidas||97|
|5||Pelisy Men's Performance - Socks for Football||Pelisy||97|
|6||Nike Unisex Medium-density - Cushioned Football Socks||Nike||98|
Table of Contents
- Best fabrics for Socks for Football
- Buying Consideration for Socks for Football
- How to take care of Socks for Football
- Reviews: Best Socks for Football
- Index Table: Top-Rated Socks for Football