Elderly people need particular socks as they suffer from multiple health issues.
We have the best socks for the elderly with multiple benefits like relieving Swelling, Achilles heels, Diabetic-friendly, tired feet, etc. And they deliver comfort at their best.
Besides, you will know about the best fabrics and styles while purchasing socks for the elderly. Have a look!
Reviews: The Best Socks for Seniors
Here are the best socks for the elderly, to relieve their delicate feet.
We hope you love the socks for seniors we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Benefits Of Socks for The Elderly
Older age brings several health ailments that impact different parts of a person’s body. The feet are no exception. The feet have to undergo stress from diabetes to frequent pain in the heel and toes from daily activity.
Naturally, comfortable socks and alleviating their pain will come as a blessing. Most of these socks provide relief from:
- Prevention From Diabetic Infections – Qualities like a Non-binding cuff and seamless toe enhance the comfort level for seniors with diabetes since they have sensitive skin.
- Relieves Stress and Fatigue – Socks with gel pads reduce fatigue of the feet and heels. Scientifically, heated socks can also relieve stress and fatigue.
- Relief from Medical Ailments – Many socks provide relief from Achilles foot, nerve damage, sweatiness, etc.
- Reduce Swelling – In older age, due to body weight and lost efficiency of muscles, feet generally swell, and at times with pain. Stretchable and breathable fabrics soothe the nerves.
Features of a Good Socks for Elderly
As mentioned above, senior citizens need socks that reduce the pain and discomfort on their feet. Therefore, here are the top features to consider while buying socks for the elderly.
- Level Of Comfort – Comfort is the principal characteristic to look for in any pair of socks. Thus, it would be best to choose seamless designs that do not leave any skin marks.
- Compression Therapy – Compression Therapy provides gentle pressure to the legs and feet to enhance blood circulation. But the rate of compression is also to be considered. Those who have diabetes need socks that are soft and mildly compressive. In comparison, a person suffering from excruciating tendonitis pain needs higher compression socks. So choose accordingly!
- Type Of Fabric – Go for fabrics with effective moisture wicking. Keeping their feet dry and odor-free is necessary, apart from being comfy.
- Size – The socks’ size must fit well to not cramp the toes. Besides, the toe and heel must be in place, or it may lead to itching or distress.
- Length – The cuff’s height must be as per the wearer’s preference, whether they prefer knee, ankle, or crew length.
- Non-Slip – Seniors are prone to slip, therefore many socks manufacturers offer rubber buds on the bottom of the socks, these are the Best Non-Slip Socks for the Elderly.
Types Of Fabrics for Elderly Socks
Socks for the Elderly come in many fabrics. The choice of fabrics is important to deliver optimal results. Here are the top types:
- Bamboo – Bamboo Fiber is an all-weather fabric, as in winters they keep the feet warm, while in summers they keep the feet cool.
- Cotton – Cotton is an ideal fabric for summers. It allows sufficient air circulation to keep the feet free from excess moisture and possible infection.
- Spandex – This fabric is usually blended in a small percentage to add elasticity to the socks. With a higher percentage, the sweat retention of the fabric increases.
- Nylon – Though durable, and highly elastic, Nylon retains a lot of sweat. So its presence in a small percentage is good, but anything more means sweaty feet.
- Olefin – a synthetic fabric, also known as Coolmax, it is mostly used for sports socks. However, for the elderly, this fabric can be beneficial to repel water to the exterior.
How We Test and Score Loose Socks for Seniors
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 38 hours trying, testing, and scoring these loose socks for the elderly for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Reduce Swelling – We researched how effectively teh socks reduced swelling on the feet.
- Diabetic Friendly – We checked if teh socks are safe and beneficial for people with Diabetes.
- Soft Fabric – We compared the level of softness of different pairs of socks.
- Breathability – We checked if the fabric of the sock is breathable or whether it causes any sweating.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Regarding Socks for Seniors
- Are compression socks good for elderly?
Compression socks provide gentle pressure to the legs and feet to improve blood circulation. It helps seniors to stay active and prevent health problems such as leg swelling and blood clots.
- Why do old people wear socks?
It is because compression socks give so much comfort that will help your legs from feeling tired and to ease swelling in the ankle and feet. Compression socks are made to be snug-fitting and stretchy which are ideal for seniors.
- Can everyone benefit from compression socks?
Yes, Compression socks benefit people who work standing up, distance runners, and other kinds of workouts. They’re designed to help blood circulation, prevent swelling, and alleviate discomfort from high impact.
- How many hours a day should you wear compression socks?
It depends on your need, you are free to wear them all day or just a few hours at a time. Compression socks can be helpful for many ways especially on seniors.
Index Table: Top-Rated Socks For Elderly
Table of Contents