Elderly people need particular kinds of socks as they suffer from multiple health issues.
So we have got the best socks for the elderly with multiple benefits like relieving swelling, Achilles heels, Diabetic-friendly, tired feet, etc. And they deliver comfort at its best.
Besides, you will know about the best fabrics and styles while purchasing socks for the elderly. Have a look!
Benefits Of Socks For The Elderly
Older age brings along several health ailments that impact different parts of a person’s body. The feet being no exception. From diabetes to frequent pain in the heel and toes from daily activity, the feet have to undergo a lot of stress.
So naturally, socks that are comfortable and alleviate their pain will come as a blessing. Most of these socks provide relief from:
- Prevention From Diabetic Infections – Qualities like Non-binding cuff and seamless toe enhance the level of comfort for seniors with diabetes since they have sensitive skin.
- Relieves Stress and Fatigue – Socks with gel pads reduce fatigue of the feet and heels.
- Relief from Medical Ailments – Many socks provide relief from Achilles foot, nerve damage, sweatiness, etc.
- Reduce Swelling – In older age, due to body weight and lost efficiency of muscles, feet generally swell, and at times with pain. Stretchable and breathable fabrics soothe the nerves.
What To Look For In Socks For Elderly?
As mentioned above, senior citizens need socks that help in reducing their pain and discomfort on their feet. Therefore, here are the top things to consider while buying socks for the elderly.
- Level Of Comfort – Comfort is the top character that is to look for in any pair of socks. Thus, it would be best if you chose seamless designs that do not leave behind any marks on the skin.
- Compression Therapy – Compression Therapy provides gentle pressure to the legs and feet to enhance the blood circulation. But the rate of compression is also to be considered. Those who have diabetes need socks that are soft and mildly compressive. Whereas, the person suffering from excruciating tendonitis pain needs higher compression socks. So choose accordingly!
- Type Of Fabric – Go for fabrics with effective moisture wicking. It is necessary to keep their feet dry and odor-free, apart from being comfy.
- Size – The size of the socks must fit well to not cramp the toes. Besides, toe and heel must be in place, or it may lead to itching or distress.
- Length – The height of the cuff must be as per the preference of the wearer. Whether they prefer knee, ankle, or crew length.
Types Of Fabrics For Elderly Socks
Socks for the Elderly come in many fabrics. The choice of fabrics is important to deliver optimal results. Here are the top types:
- Bamboo – Bamboo Fiber is an all-weather fabric, as in winters they keep the feet warm, while in summers they keep the feet cool.
- Cotton – Cotton is an ideal fabric for summers. It allows for sufficient air circulation to keep the feet free from excess moisture and possible infection.
- Spandex – This fabric is usually blended in a small percentage to add elasticity to the socks. With higher the percentage, the sweat retention of the fabric increases.
- Nylon – Though durable, and highly elastic, Nylon retains a lot of sweat. So its presence in a small percent is good, but anything more means sweaty feet.
- Olefin – a synthetic fabric, also known as Coolmax, it is mostly used for sports socks. However, for the elderly, this fabric can be beneficial to repel water to the exterior.
Reviews: The Best Socks For Elderly
Here are the best socks for the elderly, to relieve their delicate feet,
Though we’ll love it if our list is helpful to you, we would like to inform you that we may earn a part of the sales from the links on this page.
- These socks enhance the blood circulation in the feet and keep the comfort box checked.
- The Congenially Designed, non-binding top fit, and seamless ankle provides minimal compression and maximum comfort.
- Older men suffering from swollen feet or nerve damage can make the most of these elegant socks.
- Made with premium Coolmax fibers, Well Knitting socks keep the feet sweat-free and warm.
- The Bamboo fiber is known to keep your feet warm in winters and cool in summers.
- A boon for elderly and diabetic, seamless toe socks means extra comfort and ease of wearing.
- The bamboo fibers, the fabric has excellent air circulation and keep your feet dry and protects against Fungal infections.
- Also helpful in relieving circulatory disorders of feet, swelling, mycosis, varicose veins, etc.
- Suffering from general foot aches, or excruciating tendonitis pain, ZenToes socks cushion your heels for quick relief.
- Cushioned gel Achilles tendon sleeve reduces odors and sweatiness on your feet.
- It is made from medical-grade materials, the fabric is quite stretchable, offers minimal compression, and reduces pain like a pro.
- Equipped with tread grippers on the bottom reduces the risk of falling and getting injured, but without compromising on comfort.
- The socks are mushy, lightweight, and stretchable as well.
- Debra Weitzner socks come in three different and elegant colors that are suitable for both males and females.
- The elderly can wear them with or without slippers, in the hospital, during yoga, etc.
- The unisex combed cotton socks by Journow are designed to deliver warmth comfort for the elderly.
- The 85% combed cotton, that is, softer version of regular cotton, keeps your feet from sweating or infections.
- These socks are ideal for everyday wear. But if the elderly are into active walking and outdoor activity, it is best.
- The toes are hand sewn to ensure that the socks are suitable for the elderly with sensitive feet.
- Its effective compression is an instant soother from the pain generated from tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, etc.
- These socks feature medical-grade TPE gel support below the heel. This gel absorbs shock and distributes pressure evenly.
- The elderly can wear these socks indoors and outdoors to save their feet from fatigue and excess moisture.
- These socks come with a Compression technology for added grip and comfort.
- It improves blood circulation to reduce lactic acid build-up in the feet and also aids muscle recovery in the calves, ankles, feet, and legs.
- The socks come with an anti-slip sole that prevents slipping and promote balance, making it ideal for elderly people.
- It is made with a blend of Polyester and Spandex and is ventilated, durable, and comfortable.
- These socks are made with 99% Polyester, and only 1% spandex for added flexibility and comfort.
- It comes with a pull-on closure for convenience, especially needed by the elderly.
- The soothing spa socks are infused with Silicone threads and infused with Lavender and Vitamin E to promote a sense of soothing and relaxation.
- It is designed to minimize irritation, prevent bunching, and provide the ultimate protection for sensitive feet.
- These socks are made with a blend of Nylon, Spandex, and Polyester.
- It comes with a pull-on closure and is suitable for machine wash.
- These compression socks are knee-high and easy to put on and off, making them ideal for the elderly.
- It is designed to reduce pain, swelling, and discomfort, as well as increase comfort.
- The material used for these socks includes Polyester, Spandex, and a unique Coolmax polyester.
- It comes with a non-binding top and is suitable for machine washing.
- The Coolmax keeps the feet dry and comfortable.
- It also includes a cushioned sole, designed to protect the feet and make it easier to walk, whereas, the Lycra spandex provides the ultimate fit and reduces slippage.
Index Table: Top-Rated Socks For Elderly
|1||Well Knitting Men's Coolmax - Medical Circulation Elderly Socks||Well Knitting||98|
|2||Yomandamor Women's Bamboo - Diabetic Socks For Elderly||Yomandamor||98|
|3||ZenToes Unisex Compression - Elderly Padded Socks||ZenToes||95|
|4||Debra Weitzner Unisex Anti Skid - Hospital Socks for Elderly||Debra Weitzner||96|
|5||JOURNOW Unisex Combed Cotton - Cushion Socks For Elderly||JOURNOW||99|
|6||Dr. Foot Unisex Arch Support - Elderly Sleeve Socks||Dr. Foot||97|
|7||StopSocks Unisex Hospital - Non-Slip Socks||StopSocks||96.6|
|8||Dr. Scholl's Women's Low-Cut - Soothing Socks||Dr. Scholl's||96.2|
|9||Copper Fit Unisex 2.0 - Compression Socks||Copper Fit||95.7|
|10||MediPeds Unisex Diabetic - Crew Socks||MediPeds||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Benefits Of Socks For The Elderly
- What To Look For In Socks For Elderly?
- Types Of Fabrics For Elderly Socks
- Reviews: The Best Socks For Elderly
- Well Knitting® Men's Coolmax Medical Circulation Elderly Socks
- Yomandamor® Women's Bamboo Diabetic Socks For Elderly
- ZenToes® Unisex Compression Elderly Padded Socks
- Debra Weitzner® Unisex Anti Skid Hospital Socks for Elderly
- JOURNOW® Unisex Combed Cotton Cushion Socks For Elderly
- Dr. Foot® Unisex Arch Support Elderly Sleeve Socks
- StopSocks® Unisex Hospital Non-Slip Socks
- Dr. Scholl's® Women's Low-Cut Soothing Socks
- Copper Fit® Unisex 2.0 Compression Socks
- MediPeds® Unisex Diabetic Crew Socks
- Index Table: Top-Rated Socks For Elderly