Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Elderly people need particular socks as they suffer from multiple health issues.
We have the best socks for the elderly with multiple benefits like relieving Swelling, Achilles heels, Diabetic-friendly, tired feet, etc. And they deliver comfort at their best.
Besides, you will know about the best fabrics and styles while purchasing socks for the elderly. Have a look!
Table of Contents
- Benefits Of Socks for The Elderly
- Features of a Good Socks for Elderly
- Types Of Fabrics for Elderly Socks
- How We Test and Score Loose Socks for Seniors
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Regarding Socks for Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Socks for Seniors
- Well Knitting® Men's Coolmax Medical Circulation Elderly Socks
- Yomandamor® Women's Bamboo Diabetic Socks For Elderly
- ZenToes® Unisex Compression Elderly Padded Socks
- Debra Weitzner® Unisex Anti Skid Hospital Socks for Elderly
- JOURNOW® Unisex Combed Cotton Cushion Socks For Elderly
- Dr. Foot® Unisex Arch Support Elderly Sleeve Socks
- StopSocks® Unisex Hospital Non-Slip Socks
- Dr. Scholl's® Women's Low-Cut Soothing Socks
- Copper Fit® Unisex 2.0 Compression Socks
- MediPeds® Unisex Diabetic Crew Socks
- Index Table: Top-Rated Socks For Elderly
Benefits Of Socks for The Elderly
Older age brings several health ailments that impact different parts of a person’s body. The feet are no exception. The feet have to undergo stress from diabetes to frequent pain in the heel and toes from daily activity.
Naturally, comfortable socks and alleviating their pain will come as a blessing. Most of these socks provide relief from:
- Prevention From Diabetic Infections – Qualities like a Non-binding cuff and seamless toe enhance the comfort level for seniors with diabetes since they have sensitive skin.
- Relieves Stress and Fatigue – Socks with gel pads reduce fatigue of the feet and heels. Scientifically, heated socks can also relieve stress and fatigue.
- Relief from Medical Ailments – Many socks provide relief from Achilles foot, nerve damage, sweatiness, etc.
- Reduce Swelling – In older age, due to body weight and lost efficiency of muscles, feet generally swell, and at times with pain. Stretchable and breathable fabrics soothe the nerves.
Features of a Good Socks for Elderly
As mentioned above, senior citizens need socks that reduce the pain and discomfort on their feet. Therefore, here are the top features to consider while buying socks for the elderly.
- Level Of Comfort – Comfort is the principal characteristic to look for in any pair of socks. Thus, it would be best to choose seamless designs that do not leave any skin marks.
- Compression Therapy – Compression Therapy provides gentle pressure to the legs and feet to enhance blood circulation. But the rate of compression is also to be considered. Those who have diabetes need socks that are soft and mildly compressive. In comparison, a person suffering from excruciating tendonitis pain needs higher compression socks. So choose accordingly!
- Type Of Fabric – Go for fabrics with effective moisture wicking. Keeping their feet dry and odor-free is necessary, apart from being comfy.
- Size – The socks’ size must fit well to not cramp the toes. Besides, the toe and heel must be in place, or it may lead to itching or distress.
- Length – The cuff’s height must be as per the wearer’s preference, whether they prefer knee, ankle, or crew length.
- Non-Slip – Seniors are prone to slip, therefore many socks manufacturers offer rubber buds on the bottom of the socks, these are the Best Non-Slip Socks for the Elderly.
Types Of Fabrics for Elderly Socks
Socks for the Elderly come in many fabrics. The choice of fabrics is important to deliver optimal results. Here are the top types:
- Bamboo – Bamboo Fiber is an all-weather fabric, as in winters they keep the feet warm, while in summers they keep the feet cool.
- Cotton – Cotton is an ideal fabric for summers. It allows sufficient air circulation to keep the feet free from excess moisture and possible infection.
- Spandex – This fabric is usually blended in a small percentage to add elasticity to the socks. With a higher percentage, the sweat retention of the fabric increases.
- Nylon – Though durable, and highly elastic, Nylon retains a lot of sweat. So its presence in a small percentage is good, but anything more means sweaty feet.
- Olefin – a synthetic fabric, also known as Coolmax, it is mostly used for sports socks. However, for the elderly, this fabric can be beneficial to repel water to the exterior.
How We Test and Score Loose Socks for Seniors
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 38 hours trying, testing, and scoring these loose socks for the elderly for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Reduce Swelling – We researched how effectively teh socks reduced swelling on the feet.
- Diabetic Friendly – We checked if teh socks are safe and beneficial for people with Diabetes.
- Soft Fabric – We compared the level of softness of different pairs of socks.
- Breathability – We checked if the fabric of the sock is breathable or whether it causes any sweating.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Regarding Socks for Seniors
- Are compression socks good for elderly?
Compression socks provide gentle pressure to the legs and feet to improve blood circulation. It helps seniors to stay active and prevent health problems such as leg swelling and blood clots.
- Why do old people wear socks?
It is because compression socks give so much comfort that will help your legs from feeling tired and to ease swelling in the ankle and feet. Compression socks are made to be snug-fitting and stretchy which are ideal for seniors.
- Can everyone benefit from compression socks?
Yes, Compression socks benefit people who work standing up, distance runners, and other kinds of workouts. They’re designed to help blood circulation, prevent swelling, and alleviate discomfort from high impact.
- How many hours a day should you wear compression socks?
It depends on your need, you are free to wear them all day or just a few hours at a time. Compression socks can be helpful for many ways especially on seniors.
Reviews: The Best Socks for Seniors
Here are the best socks for the elderly, to relieve their delicate feet.
We hope you love the socks for seniors we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- These socks enhance the blood circulation in the feet, keeping them cool and maximum comfortable.
- The Congenially Designed, non-binding top fit and seamless ankle provides minimal compression.
- It offers extra comfort that reduces tingles, muscle twitches, and cramps, perfect for seniors.
- Made with premium Coolmax fibers, well knitting socks keep the feet sweat-free and warm.
- Various Colors Available.
- Limited Size Only.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Yomandamor® Women's Bamboo Diabetic Socks For Elderly
- Bamboo fiber is known to keep your feet warm in winter and cool in summer.
- The bamboo fibers have excellent air circulation to keep your feet dry and protect against Fungal infections.
- It is very effective for those suffering from Swelling, mycosis, varicose veins, etc.
- These socks help the blood vessels perform better by helping arteries relax and allowing blood circulation.
- Boost Circulation.
- Soft Fabric.
- A Bit Thinner.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
ZenToes® Unisex Compression Elderly Padded Socks
- Suffering from general foot aches or excruciating tendonitis pain, ZenToes socks cushion your heels for quick relief.
- It has comfortable padding, protecting seniors from slipping.
- Cushioned gel Achilles tendon reduces odors and sweatiness on your feet.
- It is made from medical-grade materials; the fabric is quite stretchable that offers minimal compression, normalizing your natural blood flow.
- Improve Blood Flow.
- One Color Available.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Debra Weitzner® Unisex Anti Skid Hospital Socks for Elderly
- Equipped with tread grippers on the bottom reduces the risk of falling and getting injured without compromising comfort.
- The socks are mushy, lightweight, and stretchable as well.
- Debra Weitzner socks come in three different and elegant colors suitable for both males and females.
- The elderly can wear them with or without slippers, in the hospital, during yoga, etc.
JOURNOW® Unisex Combed Cotton Cushion Socks For Elderly
- The unisex combed cotton socks by Journow are designed to deliver warmth and comfort to the elderly.
- The 85% combed cotton, a softer version of regular cotton, keeps your feet from sweating or infections.
- These socks are ideal for everyday wear. But if the elderly are into active walking and outdoor activity, it is best.
- The toes are hand sewn to ensure that the socks are suitable for the elderly with sensitive feet.
Dr. Foot® Unisex Arch Support Elderly Sleeve Socks
- Its effective compression is an instant soother from the pain generated from tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, etc.
- These socks feature medical-grade TPE gel support below the heel. This gel absorbs shock and distributes pressure evenly.
- The elderly can wear these socks indoors and outdoors to save their feet from fatigue and excess moisture.
StopSocks® Unisex Hospital Non-Slip Socks
- These socks come with Compression technology for added grip and comfort.
- It improves blood circulation to reduce lactic acid build-up in the feet and aids muscle recovery in the calves, ankles, feet, and legs.
- The socks come with an anti-slip sole that prevents slipping and promote balance, making them ideal for elderly people.
- It is made with a blend of Polyester and Spandex and is ventilated, durable, and comfortable.
Dr. Scholl's® Women's Low-Cut Soothing Socks
- These socks are made with 99% Polyester and only 1% spandex for added flexibility and comfort.
- It comes with a pull-on closure for convenience, especially needed by the elderly.
- The soothing spa socks are infused with Silicone threads and infused Lavender and Vitamin E to promote a sense of soothing and relaxation.
- It is designed to minimize irritation, prevent bunching, and provide the ultimate protection for sensitive feet.
Copper Fit® Unisex 2.0 Compression Socks
- These socks are made with Nylon, Spandex, and Polyester blend.
- It comes with a pull-on closure and is suitable for machine wash.
- These compression socks are knee-high and easy to put on and off, making them ideal for the elderly.
- It is designed to reduce pain, swelling, and discomfort and increase comfort.
MediPeds® Unisex Diabetic Crew Socks
- The material used for these socks includes Polyester, Spandex, and a unique Coolmax polyester.
- It comes with a non-binding top and is suitable for machine washing.
- The Coolmax keeps the feet dry and comfortable.
- It also includes a cushioned sole designed to protect the feet and make walking easier, whereas the Lycra spandex provides the ultimate fit and reduces slippage.
Index Table: Top-Rated Socks For Elderly
|1||Well Knitting Men's Coolmax - Medical Circulation Elderly Socks||Well Knitting||95.5|
|2||Yomandamor Women's Bamboo - Diabetic Socks For Elderly||Yomandamor||94.25|
|3||ZenToes Unisex Compression - Elderly Padded Socks||ZenToes||92.75|
|4||Debra Weitzner Unisex Anti Skid - Hospital Socks for Elderly||Debra Weitzner||96|
|5||JOURNOW Unisex Combed Cotton - Cushion Socks For Elderly||JOURNOW||99|
|6||Dr. Foot Unisex Arch Support - Elderly Sleeve Socks||Dr. Foot||97|
|7||StopSocks Unisex Hospital - Non-Slip Socks||StopSocks||96.6|
|8||Dr. Scholl's Women's Low-Cut - Soothing Socks||Dr. Scholl's||96.2|
|9||Copper Fit Unisex 2.0 - Compression Socks||Copper Fit||95.7|
|10||MediPeds Unisex Diabetic - Crew Socks||MediPeds||95.3|