As a nurse, you may have heard of how compression socks for nurses are miracle workers during those long hours.
Well, we’re here to tell you that it’s true, why and where you can get yours! Scroll down for more info on when you need a compression sock, their health benefits, and the best features.
When A Compression Sock Is Essential
Since nurses work exceptionally long hours, their legs and feet are often susceptible to many different problems. If any of the below medical conditions sound familiar to you, then a pair of compression socks will be worth every penny!
- Cramps – Do you get frequent cramps in your legs or feet? A compression sock can help by appearing to massage those areas as well as improve blood circulation. Say goodbye to cramping and hello to relief!
- Fatigue – Certainly a nurse works very tasking hours and barely has time to take a break. This is where compression socks are marvelous! Keep constant energy levels and fight fatigue with a pair of award-winning compression socks for nurses.
- Varicose Veins – Spider veins are no joke and they can often cause problems like pins and needles. If you suffer from varicose veins, then a pair of compression socks can help to diminish these side effects if not get rid of the issue entirely!
- Injury – Nurses don’t have the time to endure an injury, even though it is quite a usual occurrence on the job. Compression socks will help to prevent injury by protecting your feet, but if you do happen to get an injury or sprain a muscle, a compression sock is even more useful at speeding recovery.
- Edema – One of the main uses for compression socks is that they can help those with edema. If you have edema, never get a pair of toeless compression socks. All other compression socks will reduce the swelling nearly every time!
3 Health Benefits of Using A Compression Sock
Even if you don’t have a particular medical condition, as a nurse, you can benefit from compression socks in the following ways:
- Improves Circulation – Compression socks improve circulation, which can make all the difference for somebody who stands on their feet nearly all the time! Get the blood moving back up your legs and stop getting cold or numb feet throughout the day.
- Enhances Stamina – Compression socks actually give you more energy and improve your stamina. Forcing blood to rely on your microcirculation, compression socks push it back up your legs, which gets your heart pumping a bit faster. This, in turn, gives you more energy!
- Alleviates Foot Pain – The compression factor of these socks has a rather massaging effect and can alleviate pressure on the feet or calves. Fend off foot pain from plantar fasciitis with compression socks!
Features of a Good Compression Sock for Nurses
The best is yet to come!
- Elastic Free – Compression socks should not contain an elastic band as this would restrict blood flow. The best compression socks do not, of course, allowing for as much blood to pump around your body as possible!
- High Compression – Nurses want a high compression due to the nature of their jobs and the fact that they stand most of the day. A good range of high compression for nurses is between 20 and 30 mmHg.
- Graduated Compression – Graduated compression socks are the best of the best when it comes to compression. This means that instead of having one unit of compression running throughout the entire sock, there are multiple compression zones that each has a different compression in a specific range. These zones are strategically placed to enhance your circulation and allow for optimal pain relief in the feet and calves.
- Moisture Wicking – Since you will likely be wearing your compression socks for 10 hours or more, it is a good idea to get a pair of moisture-wicking ones. This means that the compression socks will dry very quickly and never allow for your feet to stand in moisture. This will keep blisters and Athlete’s Foot to a minimum!
- Antibacterial – For similar reasons to wanting moisture-wicking compression socks, antibacterial compression socks will prevent your feet from picking up foot infections. This is important because you will be wearing them for many hours a day, and that creates a perfect environment for bacteria to grow in unless the socks are antibacterial.
Reviews: Best Compression Socks for Nurses
Get ready to choose between some of the best compression socks for nurses on the market!
- These double stitched compression socks are one of the most popular, staying up all day long and easing all pain in your legs!
- The high compression has been graduated all along with the socks, allowing them to target problem areas and provide maximum relief accurately.
- The toes are seamless, and the material is highly moisture-wicking, keeping your legs and feet feeling fresh and happy.
- Prevent blood clots and improve your circulation rapidly by just putting on your favorite pair of socks in the morning.
- The washable high-quality stretch fabric is made to last a very long time.
- The purchase comes with a free eBook on compression socks.
- Here is another pair of top notch compression socks, guaranteed to help professionals from nurses to athletes throughout the day!
- Kinesiology taping technology helps to guide the graduated compression of the socks more efficiently.
- The socks were specially constructed out of Power+ premium performance fabric, ensuring they last for a long time without wear and tear.
- A high compression allows for full day stamina, particularly for nurses and those who are always on their feet.
- The fabric is also moisture-wicking and antimicrobial for maximum benefit, helping feet to stay free of infections and perspiration.
- These compressions socks look and feel great on your calves and feet, boosting performance and confidence while you wear them.
- Made from the best stretch material and reinforced under the foot, indulge yourself in premium underfoot cushioning for maximum comfort.
- The material is moisture-wicking and anti-odorous, ensuring that your feet stay fresh all day long.
- The graduated compression keeps the feet and legs within a range of 20-30mmHg, which is perfect for those who need an energy boost.
- Say goodbye to varicose veins, pins, and needles or foot fatigue with these performance-enhancing compression socks!
- Made in Italy, these compression socks have been infused with the highest quality of nano-silver to keep bacteria and fungus at bay.
- The socks are unique compared to other compression socks as they allow for a four-way stretch, making them easier to pull on and off.
- Helps tissues regenerate up to 40% faster, ensuring that you can stay on your feet for longer with more stamina.
- The graduated compression is ideal for those who are nurses or who have edema, foot fatigue, varicose veins, or diabetes.
- Get the blood pumping today with a pair of these durable compression socks!
- These compression socks were crafted in a spiral knit pattern to ensure that your feet are comfortable and blister free all the time.
- The graduated compression keeps your blood circulating optimally, preventing the blood from pooling in your feet.
- The use of reinforced stretch fabric will allow the socks to outlast any other socks you’ve ever owned.
- Ideal for those who are on their feet all day, such as nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals.
- Reduce muscle cramping, fatigue, and pain by using a pair of these high-quality compression socks.
- Available in a large range of colors and patterns from bright to neutral.
- It improves blood circulation and prevents injuries.
- The copper keeps you fresh and comfortable all day.
- The Perfect sock for Nurses and hospital workers.
- Many color variations available in a three-pack.
- Provides relief from may health issues, including varicose veins and injuries.
- Knee-high design that will not slip down.
- Soft and comfortable against the skin.
- Ankle length design offering compression.
- Reduces foot and ankle pain and discomfort.
- Very durable and breathable materials.
- Avaialable in a few color variations.
Index Table: Top Rated Compression Socks for Nurses
|1||Physix Gear Sport Unisex Compression Socks - Graduated Compression Socks for Professionals||Physix Gear Sport||98.6|
|2||Blitzu Unisex Compression Socks - Performance Boosting Nurse Compression Socks||Blitzu||98|
|3||SB SOX Unisex Compression Socks - Over The Calf Compression Socks for Nurses||SB SOX||97|
|4||Vitalsox Unisex Compression Socks - Patented Athletic Graduated Compression Socks||Vitalsox||97|
|5||Carrot Unisex Compression Socks - Gradient Compression Socks for Nurses||Carrot||96|
|6||FuelmeFoot Women's Copper - Nurses Compression Socks||FuelmeFoot||97|
|7||Laite Hebe Women's Three Pack - Compression Socks for Nurses||Laite Hebe||97|
|8||Charmking Women's Ankle High - Compression Socks for Nurses and Doctors||Charmking||97|
Table of Contents
- When A Compression Sock Is Essential
- 3 Health Benefits of Using A Compression Sock
- Features of a Good Compression Sock for Nurses
- Reviews: Best Compression Socks for Nurses
- Physix Gear Sport® Unisex Compression Socks Graduated Compression Socks for Professionals
- Blitzu® Unisex Compression Socks Performance Boosting Nurse Compression Socks
- SB SOX® Unisex Compression Socks Over The Calf Compression Socks for Nurses
- Vitalsox® Unisex Compression Socks Patented Athletic Graduated Compression Socks
- Carrot® Unisex Compression Socks Gradient Compression Socks for Nurses
- FuelmeFoot® Women's Copper Nurses Compression Socks
- Laite Hebe® Women's Three Pack Compression Socks for Nurses
- Charmking® Women's Ankle High Compression Socks for Nurses and Doctors
- Index Table: Top Rated Compression Socks for Nurses