Varicose veins can be small and thin visible veins under the skin, or thick and lumpy in more severe cases.
A good pair of Compression Socks can greatly reduce varicose veins’ appearance and painful symptoms.
How Do Compression Socks Help With Varicose Veins?
The main use of a compression sock is to improve blood circulation by placing consistent pressure on the legs, which helps the blood flow back to the heart.
This, in turn, helps to reduce the appearance and improve the condition of varicose veins, and may likewise prevent them from developing in the first place.
Types of Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
You will need to invest in the right type of STOCKINg or SOCK providing the right amount of compression for your Varicose Veins, here are a few to consider;
- Light Compression or Support PantyHose – These are the least tight option for less severe varicose veins. Stockings are also ideal to wear with a skirt, dresses, and summer to keep you cool.
- Full Compression Socks and Stockings – The Compression sock or stocking is available in a range of compression levels from a Low 10 mmHg up to a high 30 MMHG. They provide much better compression and support.
- Prescription Compression Socks – For more severe Varicose Veins I highly recommend seeing a doctor so that he can prescribe the right type of compression sock for your unique condition and severity thereof.
- Lengths – The length of the compression sock or stocking can range from a below knee, above knee or even thigh-high option, footless or complete.
Features of a Good Compression Sock for Varicose Veins
- Compression Pantyhose – The least tight option that is see-through and ideal for wearing by women with a skirt or dress or underneath trousers as a cooler option.
- Compressiosn Socks and Stockings – Usually much thicker material offers compression ranges between a moderate 15-20mmHg or a high 30-40mmHg.
- Materails – materials should be smooth and breathable without causing any irritation or allergies, usually cotton with a blend of Lycra, spandex and polyester.
- Seam Free or Open Toes – Seam Free toes cause less friction and irritation, or an open toe design, called a compression sleeve, allowing better breathability.
- Breathability – Mesh insets or an open toe deign which allows for better ventilation.
- Silicone Grips – Silicone grips at the top to keep the sock from slipping down.
Reviews: The Best Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
Below are some of the best available Compression Socks for Varicose veins;
The Laite Hebe Medical and Athletic design compression socks are ideal for treating varicose veins and reducing swelling and pain.
- Medical grade compression socks help improve blood circulation, reduce swelling, and varicose veins.
- Made from soft and breathable material that offers high compression levels.
- There are 360-degree stretch capabilities and a breathable fit.
- Available in a few color variations to choose from.
The Sb Sox Compression socks offer high compression levels to improve blood circulation and prevent and treat varicose veins effectively.
- A compression sock design for both men and women.
- Improves blood circulation, reduces swelling and provides better varicose vein control.,
- The toe and heel are reinforced and cushioned for comfort and it offers a form-fitting lightweight fit.
- Breathable and soft materials that are highly flexible and durable.
- It offers high levels from 20-30 mmHg of compression.
- Colors are available to choose from.
The Halsy footless compression sock is one of your best options for pregnant women, varicose veins and swelling.
- Made from premium and breathable Nylon with durable spandex fabric for stretchability.
- It offers 360 degrees of flexibility with seamless knitted technology.
- Graduated compression and ultra-durable.
- Max-dr technology and comfort to keep you dry and ventilated.
- Ideal for swelling and varicose veins.
Thes are comfortable compression socks with a zippered closure to safeguard you and provide a better fit that is easy to get on and off.
- Available in nude and black color variations.
- A zippered design makes it much easier to get on and off and secure the fit.
- Reduces leg fatigue and swelling and helps with varicose veins by improving blood circulation.
- Ideal for diabetic use as well and for injuries.
- An open toe design that is more cooling and comfortable.
From Charmking we have the men’s and women’s value 8 pack compression socks which will provide comfort and support for all your needs.
- You can choose between different color options and multi-colored combos in the 8 Pack set for men or women.
- A long term solution for varicose veins can be used frequently and every day.
- Made from comfortable and breathable Nylon and Spandex materials are also highly durable.
- High-performance design that will keep an optimal temperature and offers high compression.
- Open toe lightweight stocking design can be worn with any outfit even a skirt in the ladies’ option.
- Made from Nylon and Spandex that is breathable and stretchable.
- Offer high compression in a lightweight sock.
- Available in nude and neutral color options.
From Double Couple, we have the superior high compression socks for men and women which are ideal in treating varicose veins, injuries, and swelling.
- It comes in a pack of five and different size options.
- Improves blood circulation, reduces swelling and the appearance fo varicose veins.
- An ergonomic fitting design that is close to the skin, yet highly breathable and quick-drying.
- Offers medical-grade compression with Lycra and Nylon materials that are lightweight and durable.
A mid-thigh-high compression sock is ideal for varicose veins and to treat injuries and swelling, from +MD.
- Made from Nylon and Spandex is thick and warm for winter and Autumn use.
- Breathable with an open toe design and anti-slip band at the top.
- Ideal for pronounced varicose veins, swelling, injuries, and many other medical conditions.
- Available in differenb size options.
The Absolute Support Opaque Graduated compression socks are the perfect everyday wear compression socks that will treat and prevent varicose veins.
- Opaque design that gives you more freedom and is cooler in summer.
- Available in a Nude or Black color option.
- It offers graduated and medium compression as well as long-lasting durability.
- Made from breathable and high-quality Nylon and spandex.
- Available in a few size options to choose from.
Copper-infused compression socks that are healthy and ideal for treating Varicose veins, injuries and other medical conditions affecting the legs and feet.
- Copper-infused which naturally improves blood flow and revives blood circulation along with compression.
- Breathable, high-performance design and materials that keep you dry and fresh.
- Unique breathable and moisture-wicking copper infused material is used that also helps to eliminate body odors.
- Speeds up recovery and reduces swelling and unsightly varicose veins.
A calf-high comfortable and breathable cotton compression sock, ideal for Varicose veins, from SocksLane.
- Made with the finest quality soft and luxurious combed cotton.
- Offer a comfortable and supportive high compression support with a non-binding top that will not slip down.
- Graduated-circulation and pain relief that is also ideal for varicose veins and edema.
- Progressive stretch technology that will not chafe and fits all sizes.
- Available in a calf-length in many colors and neutral color options to choose from.
This is a compression Stocking, rather than a much thinner and more lightweight sock, available in a black or tan color selection.
- Available in a black or tan color selection in many size options for women.
- The top has a silicone dot band to prevent the sock from slipping down.
- A thigh-high, skinny stocking design that is lightweight, cool, and breathable.
- It offers a level of 15-20mmHg of compression and relief.
- It can be washed in the washing machine.
- Made with 80% Nylon, 20% Spandex and is completely Latex free for allergies.
Physix Gear designs some of the best athletic and sports compression socks; I have chosen this model to be ideal for Varicose Venis and swelling.
- A calf-high open toe design compression sock that is available in many color selections to choose from.
- Ideal for sports injuries, edema, swelling, and Varicose Veins.
- Stylish and fashionable design and prints and very smooth and comfortable against the skin.
- Highly durable materials and construction.
A premium medical-grade compression for varicose veins from Doc Miller.
- It is available in many color and print selections and sizes up to5XL to choose from for men and women.
- A lightweight and comfortable medical-grade compression sock made from Nylon and spandex offers 30-40mmHg of optimal compression.
- Ideal for varicose veins, edema, swelling, and post-injury healing.
- It offers the perfect fit with a wide variety of fit options.
- Versatile designs and color s and can be worn daily.
The HLTPRO Compression sock offers optimal 15-30mmHg of compression levels and is available in light and neutral color selections for men and women.
- The ideal compression sock for sports and travel will help with swelling and varicose veins that can develop from being stationary in one position for very long.
- Made with solid premium microfiber and infused with healing copper.
- A non-binding top that will also not slip down.
- It offers mild levels of compression that are still comfortable for everyday wear.
- It comes in light and neutral color selections that blend in well.
The Bluemaple copper infused compression sock is a medical-grade and athletic styled compression sock used for varicose veins and the prevention thereof.
- A knee-length sock is available in many fun colors and prints for men and women.
- Ideal for after injury recovery, swelling, edema, pregnancy, and even traveling.
- It offers immediate comfort and relief with graduated compression and improves blood circulation.
- Ensures a moderate 15-20mmHg of compression levels.
- Breathable and lightweight materials that wick away moisture and keeps your temperature level.
The April tex compression sock for varicose veins is a breathable and comfortable soft cotton compression sock ideal for men and women.
- Available in a few neutral color selections and different size options to choose from.
- Made with 60% breathable and durable high-quality cotton consisting of a blend of Coolmax and combed cotton fiber.
- Cooling and highly breathable design in a calf-length for optimal compression.
- Offers advanced 17-22mmHg of graduated compression for on the comfort and relief.
- Reduces swelling and leg pain and is excellent for varicose veins and other leg and foot conditions.
- It can also be used during pregnancy, injury healing, and even traveling.
Index Table: Top Rated Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
Understanding Varicose Veins
Before we can look at Compression socks for Varicose veins, we first need to understand how varicose veins work, and why a compression sock is the answer;
You know exactly what they look like, those obvious veins just under the surface of your skin, either thick and protruding or small and scattered.
How do they occur? Well, Varicose veins start when blood starts collecting in the small valves in your veins rather than flowing smoothly back to your heart. They are also more common in your feet and legs because here, the blood has a further distance to travel back to your heart.
The compression sock works by improving circulation, so blood flows easily and freely back to your heart rather than pooling in the valves of your veins; blood also receives more oxygen, which in turn energizes your legs and feet to reduce fatigue.
The compression sock can prevent varicose from forming initially and improve their appearance by improving blood circulation.
When Should You Use Compression Socks?
Because sitting or standing is more likely to cause circulatory issues and varicose veins, you should wear compression socks during the day and take them off before bathing and going to bed.
Individuals with severe varicose veins are recommended to put their feet up at night and try wearing their compression socks at night when sleeping.
How and Why do Compression Socks Help for Varicose Veins
A compression sock is traditionally used to improve blood circulation in the legs, feet, and ankles by providing consistent pressure that graduates from tighter around the ankles up to looser the further the sock goes up your legs.
There are different compression levels in compression socks for15-20mmHg, which is moderate up to 30-40mmHg, which is quite strong.
However, there are also some risks and considerations when it comes to compression socks;
- Difficulat to Put On – Because compression socks are so tight, they are quite a challenge to put on, and individuals who struggle with mobility may not get them on. However, a zippered option is available, which makes getting the sock on and off much easier.
- Fit – As with most stock options, you will need to find the right fit, especially if you are overweight, as then most one size fits all options may not always be the right fit.
- Side Effects – You cannot put compression socks on broken or irritated skin, or an open sore. If irritation occurs, you may be allergic to some of the materials used in the compression sock; however, there are other material options available that are hypoallergenic.
- Peripheral Neuropathy – If you have peripheral neuropathy to the extent you have no feeling in your feet or legs, you need to be very careful with compression socks will not be able to feel if they are too tight.
- Fit – Getting the right fit is important as you do not want a sock that causes more issues than it actually helps, so make sure that they are not overly tight.
- Take Break – You do need to take your compression socks off from time to time and give your skin some time to breathe and your muscles some time to relax.
Table of Contents
- How Do Compression Socks Help With Varicose Veins?
- Types of Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Features of a Good Compression Sock for Varicose Veins
- Reviews: The Best Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Laite Hebe® Unisex Medical All Purpose Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- SB SOX® Unisex Compression Colorful Knee High Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Halsy® Unisex Footless Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Zippered® Unisex Medical Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Charmking® Unisex Compression Graduated Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Mgang® Unisex Open Toe Knee High Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Double Couple® Unisex 5 Pairs Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- +MT® Unisex Thigh High Open Toe Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Absolute Support® Unisex Opaque Open Toe Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Copper Compression® Unisex 3 Pairs Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Sockslane® Unisex Cotton Varicose Vein Compression Sock
- Jobst Relief® Women's Thigh High Compression Sock for Varicose Veins
- Physix Gear® Unisex Sport Varicose Vein Compression Sock
- Doc Miller® Unisex Premium Varicose Vein Relief Compression Sock
- HLTPRO® Unisex Varicose Vein Compression Sock
- Bluemaple® Unisex copper Infused Compression Sock for Varicose Veins
- April Tex® Unisex Cotton Varicose Vein Relief Compression Sock
- Index Table: Top Rated Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
- Understanding Varicose Veins
- How and Why do Compression Socks Help for Varicose Veins