Though Shin Splints involve moderate to excruciating pain, this ailment mostly comes uninvited. But the best part most of the time it can be treated with simple adding compression along with the calf muscles.
So here we compiled a list of the best compression sleeves and socks for shin splints that will soothe your feet, without being uncomfortable. Furthermore, we will also throw some light on the two variants, and a little about how to keep shin splint pain in check.
What causes Shin Splints?
Here are some of the most common reasons for shin splints to occur. So before we get into the compressions socks for shin splints, let’s have a look at the following and stay safe from the excruciating pain.
- IMproper Warming up – Many amateurs do not understand the importance of warming up the body before an aggressive session. So when the muscles are not ready and too much pressure is exerted on them, shin splints may occur.
- Stress Fracture – A stress fracture is nothing but a small fracture in your shin bone. Though different from shin splints, the pain is not much different, and can gradually generate shin splints.
- Tendinitis – Aggressive muscle activity, especially by athletes, can cause inflammation or tearing on the calf tendons. If a shin splint is involved along with shin splint, the pain is simply unbearable.
- Overweight – Being overweight exerts extra stress on the calf muscles. And more than often, this strain evolves into shin splints in no time.
Benefits of Compression Socks for Shin Splints
Compression socks or sleeves have a wide range of benefits. Even when being specific to Shin Splints, they are beneficial to get relief from the excruciating pain. Let’s discover how.
- Boost Blood Flow – The best part of the compression socks is that they are tighter at the lowest end and go on loosening as moving up. This way, it allows for healthy blood flow across the calf muscles.
- Prevent Swelling – Compression from the socks helps in preventing the swelling of the legs by its external force.
- Performance Enhancer – Compression socks are also beneficial for keeping the calf muscles fresh. Hence they don’t get fatigued very soon and enhance your performance on the go.
- Muscle Recovery – When you injured muscles get the right amount of compression, they tend to recover faster. So be it shin splints, varicose veins, or fatigue, etc., compression socks soothe them at a faster rate.
Compression Sleeves Vs. Compression Socks for Shin Splints
For fast recovery from Shin SPlints, two kinds of socks are available, with the other variant being footless one. These footless socks are also known as sleeves. Here, we have a brief comparison as to which one shall you choose.
- Who must wear Compression Socks for Shin Splints? – Those suffering an injury or pain around the lower Achilles tendon, or ankle, a sock is a preferred solution to provide compression to these areas. Besides, for recovery from accidental injuries, socks provide all-round coverage to soothe the muscles.
- Who must wear Compression Sleeves for Shin Splints – in case your pain area lies along with the calf muscles only, the sleeves will do a good job. Besides, if you need to go barefoot, or if you wish to put on another pair of socks, it will be easier with compression sleeves.
Reviews: Best Compression Socks for Shin Splints
The following are some of the best compression socks for shin splints. Have a look as we hope that you will find the best socks to get relief from your shin splint pain. However, we would like to inform you that for every purchase made via links on this page, we may earn a part of the profits.
- SB Sox brings a variety of styles and colors to keep your Shin Splints in check. The Fabric is lightweight, highly durable, anti static and also odor resistant.
- These compression socks for shin splints are also designed to keep your feet dry and with unique moisture-wicking technology.
- These compression socks also feature graduated compression, to deliver the right amount of pressure on different muscles.
- Besides, the seamless design keeps the feet comfortable for long hours.
- These compression sleeves from Charmking feature graduated compression to allow oxygen to flow freely in your muscles and prevent fatigue.
- These compression socks are truly versatile as you may wear them to several activities, be it sports, general, or professionals who have to stand all day.
- Apart from shin splints, it also reduces inflammation, swelling, and muscle fatigue. In addition to diabetic-related swelling, spider veins, and varicose veins.
- Designed by professional athletic trainers, Zensah compressions socks for shin splints will provide excellent relief to your strained muscles.
- The v-shaped chevron ribbing on the front of these sleeves works just like a kinesiology tape.
- They are designed with Moisture Wicking technology and also keep your feet free from moisture and odors.
- These sleeves can thus, reduce your muscle fatigue, calf cramps, micro-tears, and even prevent muscle injuries.
- Copper compression is a brand that claims to make the highest quality copper infused socks for shin splints.
- Naturally, it has the power to soothe your sore and stiff muscles and joints. It is also suitable for tendonitis, calf cramps, arthritis, stress fracture, etc.
- Besides, the fabric is quite durable and will continue to perform even after multiple washes.
- This pair by Copper Compression is suitable for all age groups, as it provides one of the best articulation and muscle support.
- For comfortable compression socks that stay in place while relieving your shin splint pain, this cool pair by Physix Gear Sports is a must have.
- It reduces muscle sores and can be worn in all seasons.
- Its high durability can be attributed to its Nylon Spandex Fabric with excellent calf coverage.
- It also claims to prevent medical blood clots after surgeries and provides the perfect compressions without digging into your calf muscles.
- The moisture-wicking capacity keeps the feet of the wearer dry and fresh.
- Sore your calf muscles with a firmly squeezing compressions socks for shin splints.
- The fabric is moisture-wicking and keeps the feet dry and odor-free. Besides, these are available in a variety of colors.
- It supports a premium Nylon Lycra blend for enhanced elasticity, to ensure that you receive both comfort and compression.
- These are also ideal for Varicose Vein, athletes, and professionals who have to stay on foot all day long.
- These compression socks are made with a premium blend of Nylon and Spandex.
- It is scientifically designed for calf compression and improves blood circulation, relieves pain, and reduce swelling.
- It also accelerates recovery from shin splints and prevents leg cramps.
- These socks are breathable, durable, and lightweight.
- These socks use a true graduated compression garment that is tightest at the ankle and gradually loser up the leg.
- It boosts circulation, reduces muscle soreness, prevents and relieves fatigue, and pain.
- It employs a “Support Vector” technology at the Achilles, toes, footbed, and upper side to provide optimum support and shock absorption, making them ideal for recovery from Shin splints.
- The socs are latex-free, breathable, durable, and made with a blend of Nylon, Spandex, and Polyester.
- These socks are made with a blend of 60% Nylon and 40% Spandex.
- They are designed especially for runners and speed up recovery in case of inflammation, shin splints, calf cramps, and other such injuries.
- It offers compression to the calves and ensures increased blood flow to the muscles.
- They are designed with criss-cross elastic straps, with velcro closure, and are breathable and supporting.
- These socks are designed to relieve pain and discomfort associated with shin splints.
- They apply gentle pressure to the soft tissue of the calves and feet to increase blood circulation and speed up recovery.
- It is made with a unique InchCool Max fabric that offers a felt compression strip for additional support.
- The compression wrap socks can be moved to lower or upper leg to suit your requirements.
Index Table: Top-Rated Compression Socks for Shin Splints
Table of Contents
- What causes Shin Splints?
- Benefits of Compression Socks for Shin Splints
- Compression Sleeves Vs. Compression Socks for Shin Splints
- Reviews: Best Compression Socks for Shin Splints
- SB SOX® Unisex Premium Compression Socks for Shin Splints
- Charmking® Unisex Achilles Support Calf Compression Socks for Shin Splints
- Zensah® Unisex 100% Nylon Compression Sleeves For Shin Splints
- Copper Compression® Unisex Pain Relief Copper Infused Compression Socks For Shin Splints
- Physix Gear® Unisex Anti Bacterial Footless Compression Socks for Shin Splints
- Run Forever Sports® Unisex Durable Calf Compression Sleeves for Shin Splints
- RUNNER FX SPORTS® Unisex Pro Calf Compression Sleeve
- EvoMotion® Unisex Medical Grade Compression Socks
- Fittest Pro® Unisex Shin Splint Calf Compression Sleeves
- Pro-Tec® Unisex InchCool Max- Compression Wrap
- Index Table: Top-Rated Compression Socks for Shin Splints