Compression socks are designed to control swelling in the feet legs and ankles by preventing the build-up of fluid in the tissues.
Compression socks likewise improve blood circulation, which aids in preventing swelling and many other health conditions.
Thus a good compression sock is an excellent choice when you have Edema in your legs, feet, or ankles.
Compression Socks and Why They are so Great for Edema
Compression socks help people stay protected against injury when they do sports, they help to reduce the symptoms of serious medical conditions, and one of their top performance areas is to prevent and reduce swelling, particularly in the case of Edema.
Compression socks come in different shapes, sizes, and compression levels to suit your needs and can lessen pain and swelling in your feet and legs.
Here are a few questions answered on Compression Socks for Edema;
- What Exactly are Compression Socks? – Compression socks or stockings are snugly fitting and stretchable socks or stockings that gently squeeze your legs and feet. Graduated compression or pressure socks are looser around the leg and compress more towards the feet.
How Do Compression Socks Work? – Pressure that Compression socks place o your feet and legs enable much better blood circulation, which takes oxygen to your muscles and boosts your veins by pushing blood back to your heart. Compression socks prevent your legs and feet from getting tired and aching and also eases swelling by preventing the build-up of fluids in the tissues. Because blood moves easier and freely, there is also less risk of blood clotting, which can also cause swelling and discolored skin.
Who Should Use Them? – Any individual who is at risk of circulatory issues such as DVT, varicose veins, or even diabetes and edema can reap great benefits from wearing compression socks. Post-surgery or injury patients and people who stand all day, or have difficulty in mobility are also ideal candidates for compression socks. In this case, compression socks for Edema and swelling are recommended.
Types of Compression Socks and How to Wear Them
There are different kinds of compression socks with different levels of compression;
- Kinds of Compression Socks – You can get a compression sock that is thicker and in sock material or a stocking, which is thinner and see-through. Compressions socks usually have a closed toe while a compression sleeve has an open toe design for breathability. Compression levels can range anything between 10mmHg being quite low and loose, and 40mmHg, which is very high and tight. Moderate compression of 15-20mmHg is usually recommended and is ideal for Edema.
How to Wear Your Compression Socks – Make sure that they fit properly and are not too long as you cannot fold the top of a compression sock down, or else it will be too tight. Take them off when your shower or bathe; you can keep them on during the day and when your sleep. You can wear shoes or socks over your compression sock if required.
Features of a Good Compression Sock for Edema
- Materail – breathable and lightweight material made from either cotton or synthetic fibers with Spandex or Lycra and Nylon for elasticity.
- Fit – Should offer a snug fit with anatomical foot shape and support.
- Cushioning and Arch Support – Some designs do offer underfoot cushioning and arch support.
- Ventilation – Mesh panels or breathable fabric to allow for proper ventilation and cooling.
- Grip Technology – Silicone grips or dots to prevent the sock from slipping down in some models.
- Compression Levels – Low to moderate between 15-20mmHg or higher levels of around 30-40mmHg.
Reviews: The Best Compression Socks for Edema
Below are some of the best choices in compression socks for swelling and edema;
A colorful knee-length high-grade compression sock from Blueenjoy.
- It offers 15-20mmHg of compression, which is quite high and ensures renewable and sustainable energy for your daily chores.
- Ideal for swelling and Edema, as well as for traveling and athletic use.
- Comfortable and soft design that is available in many color selections to choose from for both men and women.
- Made with premium fabric with the best compression technology available today.
From maternity, we have this lovely open toe knee high compression sock, which is not only ideal for pregnant women but also for swelling and edema n all women.
- Made with a blend of Nylon and spandex, offering 15-20mmHg of compression to reduce swelling in women’s legs and feet.
- A breathable and lightweight calf-high and open toe design.
- It comes in a nude color option with a very thin structure that is cool and easy to wear.
This Edema Compression sock from Blizu is especially perfect for athletic individuals or those who take part in sports and suffer from swelling or edema.
- An ankle-length open-toe athletic compression sock design available in many color selections.
- Offer instant pain and swelling relief with effective compression.
- Kinesiology Taping Design, which uses compression fabric along with stability Kinesiology taping for better alignment and stability.
- It offers excellent arch support as well as heel pain relief.
- Ideal for everyday use and sports activities will successfully reduce swelling.
A soft, breathable, and highly durable cotton compression sock from Wanderlust, which is available in many color selections to choose from, in a knee-high design.
- A knee-high design closed toe compression sock made from pure cotton.
- Long-lasting pain and swelling relief with the compression design.
- It offers 15-20mmHg of compression in the leg, claves, and under the knee area.
- A seamless toe box and excellent arch support design.
- Soft smooth and anti-embolic that stretches to fit.
- Designed to be very durable and last throughout dozens of washes in between.
A Premium Construction fine quality compression sock that will ensure you the highest level of compression and swelling relief.
- It offers 30mmHg compression, which is very high and effective for extreme edema.
- Available in many colors for men and women in this calf-length Edema sock.
- It is made from the finest quality materials that are very durable.
- A reinforced toe and heel as well as cushioning for comfort.
- Form-fitting easy fit design that is lightweight and breathable.
From Charming, we have their lovely range of colorful and fun prints compression socks in a knee-high length for optimal support and comfort.
- Combines fashion, technology, and medical science to bring you the best comfort compression sock that you will find.
- It provides premium comfort, support, and compression without compromising your mobility.
- Unisex size options in different sizes for men and women.
- Offer 15-20mmHg of compression.
- Available in many colors and prints to choose from for everyday wear.
The Edema Compression sock design from Lemon Hero has a Zip closure, which allows much easier access to the sock, and there is availability in much larger size options.
- Available in extended and XXL size options to choose from.
- A nude and neutral color with a zip closure for easy access.
- Offers 15-20mmHg of compression, which is standard and effective support.
- It allows for any foot size as it is an open toe design.
Index Table: Top Rated Compression Socks for Edema
|1||Blueenjoy Unisex Knee High - Edema Compression Socks||Blueenjoy||98|
|2||Maternity Women's Open Toe - Compression Socks for Edema||Maternity||97|
|3||Blitzu Unisex Arch Support - Edema Compression Socks||Blitzu||98|
|4||Wanderlust Unisex Pain Relief - Edema Relief Compression Socks||Wanderlust||97|
|5||SB Box Unisex Copression - Edema Compression Socks||SB Box||97|
|6||Charmking Unisex Compression - Socks for Edema||Charmking||97|
|7||Lemon Hero Unisex Zippered - Edema Relief Compression Socks||Lemon Hero||98|
Table of Contents
- Compression Socks and Why They are so Great for Edema
- Types of Compression Socks and How to Wear Them
- Features of a Good Compression Sock for Edema
- Reviews: The Best Compression Socks for Edema
- Blueenjoy® Unisex Knee High Edema Compression Socks
- Maternity® Women's Open Toe Compression Socks for Edema
- Blitzu® Unisex Arch Support Edema Compression Socks
- Wanderlust® Unisex Pain Relief Edema Relief Compression Socks
- SB Box® Unisex Copression Edema Compression Socks
- Charmking® Unisex Compression Socks for Edema
- Lemon Hero® Unisex Zippered Edema Relief Compression Socks
- Index Table: Top Rated Compression Socks for Edema