Thigh high athletic socks aim to improve performance by being designed in specialized ways. In this buyer’s guide, we will discuss what kinds of athletic socks you can get, the fibers that they should be made from for the best results and five features that will place them on top of the rest.
Comparison Table for the Best Thigh High Athletic Socks
|1||X31 Sports Unisex Thigh High Athletic Socks - Over The Knee Athletic Compression Socks||X31 Sports||97|
|2||Mudgear Unisex Knee High Compression Socks - Knee High Compression Socks for Athletes||Mudgear||98|
|3||Truform Men's Compression Socks - Orthotic Thigh High Athletic Compression Socks||Truform||95|
|4||Foclassy Unisex Athletic Socks - Thigh High Compression Socks for Athletes||Foclassy||98|
|5||Mojo Unisex Athletic Recovery Stockings - Thigh High Athletic Compression Stockings||Mojo||97|
Different Kinds of Athletic Socks
There are different types of athletic socks, and each of them is specialized for unique athletic purposes.
- Compression Socks – Compression socks are used for those who are recovering from injuries or who suffer from varicose veins. They provide enhanced circulation by applying compression to the feet, calves, and legs. Many athletes wear compression socks to increase their blood flow and enhance their performance.
- Toe Socks – Toe socks are socks that have separate toes, just like a glove accommodates each finger separately. Toe socks enhance your balance and are often worn by professional runners.
- Protection Socks – Some athletic socks confer additional protection, such as shin guarded socks. These socks will be padded in specific places to help protect the individual who wears them. Many athletic socks will safeguard the feet by use of underfoot padding. This will not only protect against impact but will also provide comfort with some arch and heel support.
The Best Fibers That Athletic Socks Should Be Made From
Athletic socks should be made out of the best fibers for durability, moisture wicking, and friction resistance. Here are some of the best fibers your socks could be crafted from in this regard.
- Spandex – Spandex is the well known stretch fiber that gives all clothing items their comfortable stretchy properties. Spandex is necessary for athletic socks to provide the adaptive fit that one needs when one moves their legs about a lot on the playing field or track.
- Cotton – Cotton is a natural lightweight material that allows the skin to breathe. Cotton stays dry, but is used to enhance the comfort of your socks as well.
- Merino Wool – Merino wool is the finest wool available on the planet, which gives it unique characteristics. Makers of athletic socks have taken advantage of these characteristics, using merino wool to add moisture wicking qualities, temperature regulation, heat resistance and antimicrobial properties to their socks. Merino wool is naturally lightweight as well and only need be applied in hyper thin layers to work highly effectively.
- Olefin – Olefin is a very superior quick drying fiber, used in outdoor gear and swimming costumes to make them dry out within minutes. Olefin will also absorb moisture quickly, keeping you as dry as possible.
- Nylon – Nylon is used to improve sock durability as well as add extra padding under the foot.
5 Top Features of Thigh High Athletic Socks
The below features are some of the best features your thigh high athletic socks can possess.
- Moisture Wicking – As an athlete, moisture wicking is an essential feature to have in your socks. The best moisture wicking systems use two layers, allowing the moisture to travel from the inner layer to the outer layer and keeping your feet dry at all given times!
- Foot Padding – If you find your feet ache after a long workout session, some underfoot padding will be of great use to you. Many athletic socks provide arch and heel support and some even provide full-length foot padding. If you are using compression socks, the compression alleviates pressure off the feet and can help emulate foot padding.
- Anti Bacterial – If you spend long hours in your running shoes, a pair of antibacterial socks is worth it. Foot infections flourish in dark, moist and warm conditions, such as inside your shoes during a long workout routine. Antibacterial socks will prevent infections and allow you to train as you see fit.
- Shock Absorption – Some athletic socks have special gel infused layers or padding that can absorb shock. Thick winter socks on their own provide some degree of shock absorption as well.
- Dual Layers – More than one layer in your socks will ensure that they wick away moisture or regulate temperature more effectively. These are ideal for athletic activity in very cold or humid climates.
Thigh High Athletic Sock Reviews
The below thigh high socks are all fantastic for enhanced athletic performance or medical compression.
- These over the knee compression socks are great for those who need a medium level of compression support through the day.
- These athletic socks will enhance your performance, giving you a 15-20mmHg graduated compression that’s evenly distributed along your leg and feet.
- Experience real time pain relief and increased blood flow, allowing you to run or perform for longer than usual.
- The improved circulation enables wounds and athletic injuries to drain and heal faster.
- The fabric is moisture wicking and temperature regulating, keeping you dry, as well as warm in Winter and cool in Summer.
- Available in a variety of trendy colors.
- These knee high athletic socks are made to promote blood flow as well as last through the wear and tear of all extreme sports.
- These athletic socks will improve your blood flow and alleviate pressure points on your feet and calves, ensuring you can walk or run for longer.
- Made to wick moisture away and keep your feet dry.
- The seamless construction and the friction reducing design of these socks makes it nearly impossible to contract blisters while wearing them.
- Ideal for use casually or in extreme sports such as Tug-of-War, Spartan Race, and Tough Mudder.
- These thigh high compression socks offer an impressive range of compression from 20-30 mmHg, ideal for those with medical conditions that could use improved energy levels.
- These compression socks can be worn at work, on the sports field or at home to help ease pain, swelling, speed recovery or increase athletic performance.
- The microfiber knit ensures that your skin can breathe and that the socks look stylish and feel comfortable.
- The top band is non-constrictive and keeps the socks up on the leg without restricting any blood flow.
- The heel is cradled with additional cushioning, and the toe is reinforced for more comfort and durability.
- These athletic socks were designed for use with any sports, particularly soccer or sports where lots of running is involved.
- The mild compression given off by these socks will be perfect for those who are not suffering from circulation problems but who could use the improved performance.
- The sole of these socks is made using bamboo fibers and has been enhanced with shock absorption and anti-slip properties.
- Designed to be highly durable, these athletic socks will last you a long time even under high pressure from sports-related activities.
- The anti-bacterial infusion into the socks fibers as well as the socks moisture wicking properties will prevent infections such as Athlete’s Foot from occurring.
- If you are a professional athlete or someone who is physically active for most of the day, these compression stockings will aid you through a time of recovery.
- Offering an active medical graduated compression, these stockings are the tightest around the ankles, providing a steady decreasing compression moving along the legs.
- Increases oxygen and circulation, which in turn will improve your energy levels and sense of well being.
- Particularly useful for quad or hamstring injuries, allowing you to do exercise while in recovery.
- Made from a quick drying material that will keep your legs dry all day long.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Thigh High Athletic Socks
- Different Kinds of Athletic Socks
- The Best Fibers That Athletic Socks Should Be Made From
- 5 Top Features of Thigh High Athletic Socks
- Thigh High Athletic Sock Reviews
- X31 Sports Unisex Thigh High Athletic Socks Over The Knee Athletic Compression Socks
- Mudgear Unisex Knee High Compression Socks Knee High Compression Socks for Athletes
- Truform Men's Compression Socks Orthotic Thigh High Athletic Compression Socks
- Foclassy Unisex Athletic Socks Thigh High Compression Socks for Athletes
- Mojo Unisex Athletic Recovery Stockings Thigh High Athletic Compression Stockings