Have you ever wondered what material would make the most comfortable dress socks all year round? The answer is Merino Wool. Below we will discuss why merino wool is so excellent for wearing every single day, regardless of what the weather is like, as well as some of the greatest dress sock features available.
Comparison Table for Merino Wool Dress Socks
|1||Ecco Men's Merino Wool Dress Socks - 3 Quarter Merino Wool Socks for Dress Shoes||Ecco||94|
|2||Boardroom Men's Merino Dress Socks - Classical Design Dress Socks for Every Day||Boardroom||97|
|3||Sox Shop Unisex Casual Dress Socks - Incredibly Soft Merino Wool Dress Socks||Sox Shop||96|
|4||Vagden Unisex Oxford Style Dress Socks - Ribbed 3 Quarter Merino Dress Socks||Vagden||95|
|5||Boardroom Men's Patterned Dress Socks - Merino Wool Calf Length Dress Socks||Boardroom||98|
|6||Pantherella Men's Over Calf Dress Socks - Over the Calf Merino Wool Dress Socks||Pantherella||98|
What Makes Merino Wool Such An Amazing Sock Material?
Merino wool comes from a unique variety of sheep (the Merino Sheep) which is native to Spain and Australia. This species of sheep produces very fine wool fibers, finer than any other wool on the planet. Wool in itself has fantastic qualities, such as being able to wick moisture away, flame resistant and completely breathable to our skins. The only problem is that ordinary grades of wool are usually very bulky or scratchy, whereas merino wool is incredibly soft with much finer fibers.
The qualities of merino wool make it an ideal dress sock because it can withstand heat. That means that friction from your shoes or heat from the wash has a far lesser chance of puncturing your socks, making them more durable. Merino wool dress socks encourage less perspiration, allowing your feet to breathe. If you sweat a lot naturally regardless, Merino wool also has the amazing ability to wick the moisture away, being quick drying. Since merino wool is so fine, it makes an incredibly soft and impeccably comfortable dress sock that can nurture your feet all day long.
Who Will Benefit From Wearing Merino Dress Socks?
Merino wool dress socks will benefit everyone, but particularly those who spend a vast amount of time on their feet. You can wear merino wool socks to work, to the office, for comfort or leisure at home or while out and about. The wool will keep your feet well insulated, regardless if you are from a very hot or cold climate! Merino wool will regulate the temperature of your feet at any given moment, also making them ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking, jogging or skiing. (It is recommended that thicker merino wool socks be used in icy climates, however.)
Athletes will benefit from using merino wool socks to keep their feet warm during a routine. If you suffer from a chronic lifestyle disease such as diabetes, arthritis, chronic fatigue or another disorder in which you lose feeling in your feet often, merino wool can lend you a hand to. It can help to cushion and protect the feet of those with the above disorders. Those who are recovering from an operation in the feet or legs may want a pair of merino wool socks to keep their temperature regulated and their feet completely comfortable. In many cases, people enjoy the feel of merino wool dress socks over others for this reason. Some have even claimed that they provide resistance to foot fatigue, plantar fasciitis, heel pain and more!
Best Merino Wool Dress Sock Features
On top of Merino Wool’s already amazing qualities, there are a few other qualities that you should not overlook for your dress socks. All of these features will help you be on your feet all day long, and most of them provide foot pain and pressure relief!
- Seamless Toes – seamless socks are the way to go if you are always wearing socks! Seams are the top cause of blisters and friction when wearing shoes. Seamless socks eliminate the possibility of incurring blisters.
- Underfoot Padding – technology has allowed for the underside of socks to be embedded with micro-padding. Similar to the support that insoles provide the feet, underfoot padding helps to support the arches and heels of the feet. It also increases the comfort of wearing the socks by double and adds a layer of protection to fragile feet.
- Mild Compression – If blood pools in your feet often enough, you may want to consider merino wool socks that provide some degree of compression to your feet, ankles or calves. This will help to keep the blood flow from stagnating in your feet and can remove much unnecessary foot pain from your day.
- Up to the Calf – having dress socks up to the calf is a good way to support your feet as well as your knees. Similar to compression, having the elastic of the sock sit under the knee will cut off less blood flow than having them cut off at the ankles.
- Pre-shrunk Merino Wool – if the wool is not pre-shrunk, there is always a chance that it will shrink after the first wash. Opt for preshrunk merino wool, if possible, otherwise, use a cold water wash setting to wash your socks.
Merino Wool Dress Sock Reviews
Here below is our top selection of merino wool dress socks for you to choose from.
- These merino wool dress socks offered by Eccho are not only cost-effective but last a very long time as well!
- Made from 75% merino wool for superior feel and comfort, as well as 1% for the best fit.
- These dress socks will wick any moisture from your feet, keeping perspiration to a minimum.
- The ribbed design of the sock is made to redistribute excessive heat and keep your feet and calves feeling fresh all day long.
- Since these socks are made of so much merino wool, they can be machine washed and will survive many washes without becoming “holy.”
- These Merino Wool dress socks are made to be worn to either casual or formal gatherings, made in the classic ribbed style.
- Pull these on up to just under your knees and experience maximum comfort alongside mild compression.
- Made from 67% merino wool, 30% nylon, and 3% spandex, these socks will fit you perfectly while providing comfortable firm support to your feet.
- The heels and toes are reinforced for additional cushioning to prevent your feet from becoming worn out, tired or sore.
- Naturally 100% breathable and quick drying, perspiration will automatically become an issue of the past when wearing these!
- Ideal for businessmen or office workers who have excessive blood flow go to their feet.
- These dress socks are made from a whopping 96% merino wool and 4% spandex, making them the perfect fit for most foot sizes.
- These socks are slightly chunkier than your average merino wool dress socks, making them more ideal for those in colder climates.
- The merino wool in these dress socks will prevent your feet from freezing over, especially by removing any excessive sweat.
- Never worry about blood restriction again with these socks as there is no elastic to restrict circulation.
- 100% hypoallergenic, these socks are also ideal for sensitive individuals with allergies.
- These merino dress socks are styled in the Oxford style for superior fashion sense on top of superior comfort.
- Unlike other merino wool dress socks, these socks combine different wools together to make a slightly bulkier dress sock which is just as soft.
- The wool has been pre-shrunk for your convenience – say goodbye to nasty post-wash surprises!
- Highly resistant, these socks’ color will never run, and they will survive the wash without fading or getting damaged.
- Ribbed for your convenience so that your feet remain dry and at the perfect temperature all day long.
- Protect Guard anti-odor technology has been imbued in these socks to prevent any smells that may build-up in your shoes.
- Another superior pair of dress socks from Boardroom, these merino wool dress socks will stretch to fit most feet sizes.
- They can be washed in the washing machine and tumble dried on a low setting without getting ruined.
- Available with some fun patterns or plainly styled, these socks will keep your feet comfortable no matter the occasion.
- The heels and toes are reinforced to help keep your feet safe as well as cushioned.
- These socks provide a mild form of compression up the calf, resting securely under the knee for optimal circulation.
- These men’s dress socks from Pantherella offer everything a good dress socks should!
- Made to fit most foot sizes, this sock consists of a blend of top quality 70% merino wool and 30% nylon for shape stability.
- The toes of this sock are completely seamless, avoiding the possibility of blisters and painful rubbing during the day.
- Made to cover the entire calf so that they do not fall and keep your blood from pooling in one place.
- These socks will wick the moisture from your feet and keep them feeling refreshed throughout the day or night.
- The heels and forefoot parts of the sock are padded with extra micro-fibers for maximum comfort and protection.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Merino Wool Dress Socks
- What Makes Merino Wool Such An Amazing Sock Material?
- Who Will Benefit From Wearing Merino Dress Socks?
- Best Merino Wool Dress Sock Features
- Merino Wool Dress Sock Reviews
- Ecco Merino Wool Dress Socks 3 Quarter Merino Wool Socks for Dress Shoes
- Boardroom Merino Dress Socks Classical Design Dress Socks for Every Day
- Sox Shop Casual Dress Socks Incredibly Soft Merino Wool Dress Socks
- Vagden Oxford Style Dress Socks Ribbed 3 Quarter Merino Dress Socks
- Boardroom Patterned Dress Socks Merino Wool Calf Length Dress Socks
- Pantherella Over Calf Dress Socks Over the Calf Merino Wool Dress Socks